TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Omega wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:

Yes, when Max and Lewis goes off under braking with worn out tires, it's because they're on the limit, but when Bottas or Kimi does same mistake, they are shitty drivers.

And you call me a fanboy. :lol:

You´re not a fanboy, you´re a finboy. You would probably not give a damn about these drivers if they had a different nationality.

At least my nationality has some significance to me. And I'm not a blatant idiot who can only say "Bottas sucks, bring in Russell, who is from my home country" after every damn race. :lol:

BTW, it's actually Finnboy, not finboy, but what ever.

I think Bottas is on borrowed time, but today wasn't his fault. Yes his defense could have been better but this was a team cock up. When you have the two drivers saying the same thing that doesn't mean that one driver is to blame.

So I think today isn't one of those Finnboy days. It was a team mistake, which quite honestly is creeping in for Mercedes. They seem to be going full Ferrari like someone has punched in the wrong code and the team is saying "does not compute".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very happy with the result today.

Great race. :) :D :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:46 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

MrFerrari wrote:
Yea, Bottas sucks at defense most of the time and did today too but tbf, Hamilton rolled over and died without any hint of a fight today, when Max was closing in.

he was points racing - no point colliding and throwing away 18 pts

there's still 16 races to go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
MrFerrari wrote:
Yea, Bottas sucks at defense most of the time and did today too but tbf, Hamilton rolled over and died without any hint of a fight today, when Max was closing in.

he was points racing - no point colliding and throwing away 18 pts

there's still 16 races to go

So was Max. Both had the same to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

webbsy wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Omega wrote:
You´re not a fanboy, you´re a finboy. You would probably not give a damn about these drivers if they had a different nationality.

At least my nationality has some significance to me. And I'm not a blatant idiot who can only say "Bottas sucks, bring in Russell, who is from my home country" after every damn race. :lol:

BTW, it's actually Finnboy, not finboy, but what ever.

I think Bottas is on borrowed time, but today wasn't his fault. Yes his defense could have been better but this was a team cock up. When you have the two drivers saying the same thing that doesn't mean that one driver is to blame.

So I think today isn't one of those Finnboy days. It was a team mistake, which quite honestly is creeping in for Mercedes. They seem to be going full Ferrari like someone has punched in the wrong code and the team is saying "does not compute".

I feel bad for Bottas yes he underperformed and has his bad luck but the way mercedes especially (Toto & Co) is handeling him public lately him makes me appreciate Rosberg's championship/retirement even more.
Look at it this way, in 2016 Rosberg was greatly
disrespected by Hamilton/Toto and that's why his 2016 WDC was the hardest fought and most well deserved of the decade. He then decided he had more fulfilling things to do in life and made the correct decision to walk away from that toxic atmosphere.
Bottas gets mentally destroyed in the same sort manner over the years even when he is there to play wingman.

We get to the point now that,
-Team cockup Bottas fault.
-Hamilton finishing 2nd or lower Bottas fault.
That radio message from him says all.
Yes team radio is very selective what you get to hear but Its the first time i heard Bottas being so angry to the team so openly.

It gets under your skin eventually.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It did surprise me that Mercedes didn't stop Bottas as soon as Max made his second stop. What was there to lose? I know that Red Bull had already beaten them to it by pitting Max, but Bottas would have been fast. I think that Mercedes had the faster race car. Lewis was edging away during the first stint, and both Mercedes were on Max's tail during the second stint.

At the very least he likely would have caught and passed Perez for third, or taken a fastest lap point.

Still, it's great to see Mercedes and Red Bull so closely matched this season. The gap changes from track to track.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
It did surprise me that Mercedes didn't stop Bottas as soon as Max made his second stop. What was there to lose? I know that Red Bull had already beaten them to it by pitting Max, but Bottas would have been fast. I think that Mercedes had the faster race car. Lewis was edging away during the first stint, and both Mercedes were on Max's tail during the second stint.

In the end, Bottas got beaten by Perez who clearly was off the pace of the other 3. That just shows how bad was Mercedes' job yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I suppose Mercedes may have kept him out to try and hold up Verstappen for a few laps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:27 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
As amazing race as it was, kinda wish it was earth-shatteringly shit so FOM could finally come to their senses, read all the feedback that they need to host this race elsewhere.

Well, we've just read that they're actually doing something about that other shitshow Abu Dhabi, so who knows, maybe they're listening to us and will see sense

Other things we never thought we'd see: Gravel going back at eau rouge, (Or radillion, actually), standing restarts after red flags and a few other things we've been bitching about for years, so who knows, maybe they'll dump a shitload of gravel back at Paul Ricard or take us to Magny Cours eventually?

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I suppose Mercedes may have kept him out to try and hold up Verstappen for a few laps.

Apparently Mercedes kept Bottas out because they were protesting Perez' pass on him and if he got a 5 second penalty, needed Valterri close enough behind to take advantage of any potential penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hamilton's radio reaction after the finish line, unacceptable reaction from a driver towards their team, what an entitled ungrateful little bitch, like always with him:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:45 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Meanwhile Bottas said the exact same thing and it's "Oh good for him, standing up for himself, he knows strategy better than the team.." etc etc

TBH, they told them to attack Red Bull after Max undercut them, THEN when Max pitted again they said they had to preserve the tyres
For about the third race in a row, Mercedes strategists have completely fucked up, you can see why they're pissed.

But yeah, as ever people react in the heat of the moment (including max who was pissed off with his team at one point too) and people read into the messages that they're terrible people because they're human and have human emotions, nothing ever changes in F1 :roll:

We get this part but we don't get the aftermath in the garage when they probably say "damn, I was stressed in that race, sorry about the messages, lets all work on making this car better and put it all behind us lads!"

TL;DR, driver I don't like does something in heat of moment so he must be evil.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Hamilton's radio reaction after the finish line, unacceptable reaction from a driver towards their team, what an entitled ungrateful little bitch, like always with him:

Is this Olympic-level sarcasm or did you not listen to the whole thing?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gotta wonder how many times the drivers are wrong and teams are right though

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Is this Olympic-level sarcasm or did you not listen to the whole thing?

I'm fairly certain it's sarcasm :lol:

I do find it fascinating that not just one, but both Mercedes drivers knew which was the better strategy, and chose to ignore them anyway.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty big story that got missed in all the excitement of a good race. What's going on in the strategy department if their contracted GOAT and Bottas both tell them the same thing and get ignored. I guess they paid top money for strategists, but the drivers still drive the cars...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
despite the plethora of sensors in the car, is the driver's feeling that should be the final word on it

that's how Lewis won at Turkey last year

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
despite the plethora of sensors in the car, is the driver's feeling that should be the final word on it

that's how Lewis won at Turkey last year

Well, yeah. I struggle to think of (m)any times when Hamilton has made a strategy call and been completely wrong. Like him or not, he is usually good at that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17