TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 29 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That is fantastic :lol: :lol: :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Take this with a pinch of salt from Pirelli who are probably trying to cover their arse....but it wouldn't be the first time that they have been thrown under the bus by the teams and drivers from issues caused by the drivers and teams themselves.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Tz3Kq.html

Quote:
“We found a cut on the inside shoulder on the rear-left tyre used by Lewis Hamilton in the same stint [as Verstappen],” said Isola. “The cut was quite deep and big, probably 6-7cm, but not cutting the construction, so the tyre was still in one piece, just with this cut. And when there was the red flag and Lewis and came to the pit lane and changed the set of tyres, we were able to find the cut in the tyre.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Take this with a pinch of salt from Pirelli who are probably trying to cover their arse....but it wouldn't be the first time that they have been thrown under the bus by the teams and drivers from issues caused by the drivers and teams themselves.

Quote:
“We found a cut on the inside shoulder on the rear-left tyre used by Lewis Hamilton in the same stint [as Verstappen],” said Isola. “The cut was quite deep and big, probably 6-7cm, but not cutting the construction, so the tyre was still in one piece, just with this cut. And when there was the red flag and Lewis and came to the pit lane and changed the set of tyres, we were able to find the cut in the tyre.”

All the ignorant Max fanboys have seized on those comments and are demanding that Bridgestone or - without a hint of self-awareness - Michelin come back to the sport.

I don't understand what Pirelli are expected to do here. Two failures on the same section of track is odd, but from the hundreds of tyres used over the weekend it definitely isn't evidence of a quality problem. Everybody knows the teams push the limits even with mandated tyre pressures.

I feel like an old man saying it, but comments like that about a supplier would probably have resulted to in a talking-to behind the scenes in the past, if not a warning about bringing the sport into disrepute. He already whipped a bunch of orange fans into a frenzy; I half expect them to burn Pirelli tyres in the streets now :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Quote:

All the ignorant Max fanboys have seized on those comments and are demanding that Bridgestone or - without a hint of self-awareness - Michelin come back to the sport.

I don't understand what Pirelli are expected to do here. Two failures on the same section of track is odd, but from the hundreds of tyres used over the weekend it definitely isn't evidence of a quality problem. Everybody knows the teams push the limits even with mandated tyre pressures.

I feel like an old man saying it, but comments like that about a supplier would probably have resulted to in a talking-to behind the scenes in the past, if not a warning about bringing the sport into disrepute. He already whipped a bunch of orange fans into a frenzy; I half expect them to burn Pirelli tyres in the streets now :lol:

This is why, I as a Dutchy, hate the Dutch. You never see them until its a football World cup or Euro cup or when we suddenly have a great driver in F1. And then they all are experts and dress like orange clowns and pop smoke-bombs during a race.

I saw my brother-in-law posting Pirelli should be sued over this. :roll:
I havent even bothered looking up the race on Dutch forums but I can already tell people will claim he should have pitted during the first SC. And then complain because he finished 3rd if he did :whistling:

Yeah I was pissed off but thats also part of racing. Would have been great for the championship if it happened to Lewis because it would widen the gap and it would take Lewis a while to close it if Mercedes goes back to their dominant self.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Failures occuring on the same section is not odd. If a tyre is compromised, a prime candidate is that section. Highest lateral load on the track, followed by highest speeds and vertical load.

The area where Max crashed is a high potential area. Rosberg said he was always scared of it. If you go left, you hit the pit barrier at an angle and then the track is probably entirely blocked by debris of a barrier and a mangled car.

They should sweep the track for debris after every session at Baku, with one of those jet engine dryers like on oval tracks. There was no crash in F1 on the first half of the race, so that can't be the source of whatever cut the tyre on 3 cars that we know of. You can't keep running the numbers like this every year without at least putting as much chances as possible on your side.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Horner claiming Perez could have taken the lead if pitstop was better. And then also claiming they wouldnt order him to move for Max because its still early in the season.

I'm willing to believe him on the first one but no way in hell they would have allowed Perez to win here if Max didnt crash out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
micha wrote:
This is why, I as a Dutchy, hate the Dutch.

:lol: All I heard when I read this was

Austin Powers wrote:
There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My reaction was probably the exact mirror image of this one: Shouting "NO, NO, NO" when Lewis started overcoming Perez, then jumping off the couch screaming yes as he darted into the run-off.

Nothing against Lewis, but a better winner and the championship remains close? I'll take some of that magic again please.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Coldtyre wrote:
My reaction was probably the exact mirror image of this one: Shouting "NO, NO, NO" when Lewis started overcoming Perez, then jumping off the couch screaming yes as he darted into the run-off.

Nothing against Lewis, but a better winner and the championship remains close? I'll take some of that magic again please.

this is gold haha

when I saw him locking I first thought "oops" and then "that's it! that's it!!"

about the tires, I'm still inclined to believe that the teams are still trying stuff to get the most grip out of it without informing Pirelli for potential hazards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Anyone who watched Channel 4’s coverage will know that Mark Webber’s reaction to Lewis going off is amazing :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Whofan wrote:
Anyone who watched Channel 4’s coverage will know that Mark Webber’s reaction to Lewis going off is amazing :lol:

Even better when you see his reaction. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

How is it even humanly possible for Mark to make that noise? He sounded like a peacock.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The word for "scream" in Portuguese is "grito". I laugh even more of this moment when I see Webber's username. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:01 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Webber dubbing the tire noise for the viewers. Considerate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

HAHA OMG it was real?

Thanks for the video, I saw the original but could just not believe it wasn't a prank dub or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scotty wrote:
micha wrote:
This is why, I as a Dutchy, hate the Dutch.

:lol: All I heard when I read this was

Austin Powers wrote:
There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

:lol:

Not about the Dutch, but still:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
haha you can see that Monger is also enjoying the moment

that was pretty much my reaction

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

One more thought. He did this scream with the mic way far away from him. Just imagine how LOUD it was

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Funny how so many people cheer when Hamilton makes a mistake. Shows how they are all so tired of him winning all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That’s even better.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 570 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 28 29 Next