TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yea, cars are far too long and heavy. Tires are too durable leading to relatively small speed differential, especially when everyone is on the same strategy. Brakes are too effective with ultra small braking distances. All put together, near impossible to attempt a pass in a tight track like Monaco.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 2:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
this race was great, first time in years that Mercedes was shit performance wise and we didn't had to stand that jerk called Toto Wolff

Yeah I enjoyed it. Actually it was the first F1 race I've watched in full this season and maybe the first one since Mugello last year.

Gutted for LeClerc but it was his mistake...

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Hamilton's radio tantrums. Fucking wanker wants to blame everyone but himself but he only has himself to blame. ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:16 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Mercedes still can't get the nut of Bottas' car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 10:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Mercedes still can't get the nut of Bottas' car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see how the season progresses. Max & Lewis fight with each other, having many memorable battles, taking victories and eventually deciding the championship at Abu Dhabi...while Bottas' wheel nut is still stuck.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can we all agree Lewis is a cuñt now? Do you guys see now?

Nothing to do with something so inconsequential as skin color like some like to believe. :roll: :slaphead:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Toto Wolff has now blamed Bottas for the pit stop problems. Bottas didn´t stop in the correct position so the gunman had to work with an angle.

Wolff is an ass.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Toto Wolff has now blamed Bottas for the pit stop problems. Bottas didn´t stop in the correct position so the gunman had to work with an angle.

Wolff is an ass.

WTF??? Yeah, Bottas is out of there next season.
Honestly, I would have smashed Wolff in the head with my helmet and walked away on the spot.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 7:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I guess it's harder to maintain the "no blame" culture when you're under a bit of pressure

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess company culture at Mercedes is the same as some athletes in team sports as they say "I win, we draw, you lose"

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:

Nothing to do with something so inconsequential as skin color like some like to believe. :roll: :slaphead:

I mean, sure absolutely. No other driver has ever publicly been pissed off at their team ever. No super-competitive racing driver has ever publicly been a sore loser or appeared hypocritical ever.

Moreover, if any other driver did these things, they would also have a whole corner of the internet lining up to get worked up over their behaviour as if it was totally out of character in the world of professional sports. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:

Wolff is an ass.

Seriously? Is there an article or quote by him?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Omega wrote:

Wolff is an ass.

Seriously? Is there an article or quote by him?

Quote:
“Valtteri stopped a little too early,” said Wolff, quoted by Auto Motor und Sport, indicating he had pulled up slightly short of his marks.

“This meant the mechanic had to apply the impact wrench at an angle. The awkward angle damaged the wheel nut and we couldn’t bring it down."

In mitigation, he did also say that they need to look into the design of the wheel nut as they didn't think this sort of failure could happen. He also said that the mechanic response is "one of their best", which I guess implicitly puts more blame on Bottas!

People are still acting like Lewis is the only person who has a functioning mouth, but IMHO Wolff is far worse for throwing people under the bus.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

imagine the meltdown that could happen at Mercedes if they develop a situation like the one that happened at Red Bull with Renault

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

gkmotorsport wrote:
iks wrote:

I mean, sure absolutely. No other driver has ever publicly been pissed off at their team ever. No super-competitive racing driver has ever publicly been a sore loser or appeared hypocritical ever.

Moreover, if any other driver did these things, they would also have a whole corner of the internet lining up to get worked up over their behaviour as if it was totally out of character in the world of professional sports. :thumbsup:

Vettel has a 20 minute long, Buemi style tantrum in the Canada Parc Ferme and that's "legendary" (not to mention the other times when he was swearing at Charlie Whiting on the radio in Mexico for minor infringments, etc), but Lewis dares to criticise his team in the heat of battle after they fuck up his strategy, and that's a big issue all of a sudden

If you can give me the list of what driver is allowed to express their emotions during a race and we're supposed to enjoy the passion and outspokenness and what driver does the same thing and it makes him a twat for daring to notice his race has been messed up, I'd be a hell of a lot less confused than I am right now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:48 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Omega wrote:

Wolff is an ass.

This only confirms Bottas is a goner for 2022. The writing has been on the wall for a while - ever since he signed a mere one-season extension - and every little detail like that points to one obvious conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
imagine the meltdown that could happen at Mercedes if they develop a situation like the one that happened at Red Bull with Renault

Given that the constructor and engine supplier are the same in this case, I would LOVE to see this :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

me either haha

given the fact that Daimler is considering to sell their stake on the team this might happen in the future

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:

7 world championships are huge proof he is so. Because in this sport you won't get a single championship by being nice.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:

Pathetic post :roll:

If you think he's a c**t, it's in your right. You don't need everyone to agree with you, and people are entitled to oppose that opinion without them being accused of doing it by bringing up the race card - which literally nobody was talking about until you showed up. :lol:

I'll go on a limb and say that this sort of sentiment is typical of people who are obsessed with race in the first place. Doesn't place you above people who think he's disliked systematically because of skin color. Actually to me, it's two sides of the same race-obsessed coin that I would rather see disappear off the all-important debate about whether Hamilton is a c**t or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not a huge Lewis fan (I appreciate how brilliant he is, but am pretty tired of seeing him win all the time). Yes, he could have qualified a lot better and not been stuck behind Gasly in the first place, but any driver would surely be questioning the team if the strategy was poor and cost them places? There's probably a lot of examples of drivers criticising the team - the one that sticks in my mind was Barrichello at Brawn, when the weaker strategy cost him the win.

Of course there will also be examples of drivers saying 'we win and lose together,' but usually long after the race. Everyone here has probably said something regrettable in the heat of the moment. At least we get to see some emotion.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next