TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I remember when Vettel started piling wins and titles (before the Multi 21 debacle), the press was struggling to find anything that could make him look bad and they failed

all that until he started lose performance and not being all that dominating

but we can say that of all modern champions. Senna and Prost also had loads of whining back when they stopped trashing the opposition with dominant cars

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:41 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Omega wrote:
Toto Wolff has now blamed Bottas for the pit stop problems. Bottas didn´t stop in the correct position so the gunman had to work with an angle.

Wolff is an ass.

Yeah, Bottas managed to put three wheels right on the mark, but one was not. Sure.

Judging by this picture left front is right on the mark, maybe 5cm behind. And The way I have understood is that you position your car based on that front wheel that is on the garage side.

How on earth have other mechanics have been able to get the stop right when driver has bowled half of them down.

Ok, maybe there's some back story related to this "best mechanic". Maybe recently been through personal tragedy and was having a mental breakdown after ruining a podium finish and Toto decided to ease off his burden. Because if not, then Bottas should really start asking quick renewal or seek other career opportunities.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He wasn't on his marks, he was at an angle and further to the right then he should have been.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But at the same time, the cable holding the wrench doesn't seem to be stretched or compromised in any way.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Omega wrote:
Toto Wolff has now blamed Bottas for the pit stop problems. Bottas didn´t stop in the correct position so the gunman had to work with an angle.

Wolff is an ass.

Yeah, Bottas managed to put three wheels right on the mark, but one was not. Sure.

Judging by this picture left front is right on the mark, maybe 5cm behind. And The way I have understood is that you position your car based on that front wheel that is on the garage side.

How on earth have other mechanics have been able to get the stop right when driver has bowled half of them down.

Ok, maybe there's some back story related to this "best mechanic". Maybe recently been through personal tragedy and was having a mental breakdown after ruining a podium finish and Toto decided to ease off his burden. Because if not, then Bottas should really start asking quick renewal or seek other career opportunities.

and lets not pretend that this is the very first time a driver hasnt put it exactly on the mark.

I gave Bottas a lot of flak. Lots of it he also deserved but Wolf really is an ass in this situation.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Had that happened with Hamilton, Wolff surely would go put the blame on the gun manufacturer or even the wheelnut brand

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

At 9:10, Gasly's radio reaction when Vettel jumped him at pit exit. He expressed his gratitude to the team's hard work and to his engineer despite this momentary setback.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm watching the 2011 race at the moment. Why don't I remember this? The cars are following each other closely and there have been quite a few brave overtakes. It can be done with the right cars and tires.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:

Wolff is an ass.

Yikes...

Seems things aren't so peachy at Mercedes now. I'm beginning to think Niki Lauda really held everything together. :cry:

Between Lewis publicly berating the team and Toto's comments...well that's not an environment conducive to success.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Look, this is a German team regardless it's based in UK. Discipline is probably the most cherished thing out there. It's like a true corpo monster. The end result is paramount and if you're deemed not good enough, there will be no sugarcoating. The very same discipline is responsible for all the success Mercedes have had in the hybrid era. Even Red Bull didn't have it that good in the blown diffuser era where they had two dominant seasons but the other two were neck/neck battle until the end and a great second half recovery after a dismal start. For Mercedes even one bad race causes a major stir because it's deemed unacceptable.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who needs Dick Tantrum's classic radio messages when you have this character in F1...

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mazepin is looking shit in F1 but, unlike Ide, I think he's shown enough to be considered a proper F1 driver at least.

This radio is amusing, but I think it also shows how tough it is to be an F1 driver.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:22 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

EAS wrote:
iks wrote:
Can we all agree Lewis is a cuñt now? Do you guys see now?

Nothing to do with something so inconsequential as skin color like some like to believe. :roll: :slaphead:

7 world championships are huge proof he is so. Because in this sport you won't get a single championship by being nice.

I dunno man, Damon Hill was pretty nice... :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EAS wrote:
Mazepin is looking shit in F1 but, unlike Ide, I think he's shown enough to be considered a proper F1 driver at least.

This radio is amusing, but I think it also shows how tough it is to be an F1 driver.

I hear you man, but he comes across as hugely inept in this video. While there aren't anywhere near as many switches, surely one should've mastered the skill of changing wheel settings while racing, in the junior categories. By comparison, Mick's engineer asks him to change half a dozen settings to solve the power unit issue, all while dealing with a billion blue flags, and he seems to handle it with ease and not coming across as a spoilt brat.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:47 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
EAS wrote:
iks wrote:

Nothing to do with something so inconsequential as skin color like some like to believe. :roll: :slaphead:

7 world championships are huge proof he is so. Because in this sport you won't get a single championship by being nice.

I dunno man, Damon Hill was pretty nice... :whistling:

As Mika Hakkinen and Jenson Button.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
iks wrote:

Pathetic post :roll:

If you think he's a c**t, it's in your right. You don't need everyone to agree with you, and people are entitled to oppose that opinion without them being accused of doing it by bringing up the race card - which literally nobody was talking about until you showed up. :lol:

I'll go on a limb and say that this sort of sentiment is typical of people who are obsessed with race in the first place. Doesn't place you above people who think he's disliked systematically because of skin color. Actually to me, it's two sides of the same race-obsessed coin that I would rather see disappear off the all-important debate about whether Hamilton is a c**t or not.

Yes I realize no one was talking about race...this time. But it's been mentioned plenty of times in the past and used against people who simply don't care for the lad.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

No wonder they couldn't get the wheel off. Look what it did. But of course it is all Bottas's fault. Nothing to do with "one of the best guys" trying to get the thing off when it wasn't "lined up properly"....something which the other three guys managed. :whistling:

-------
I would like to put on my tin foil hat.....How did FOM know to have a camera zoomed all the way into that particular wheel at that particular stop???hmmmm. Did they have 4 cameras set up for each wheel to be zoomed in? Just asking..... :p

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You clearly see the camera guy running there in the shots when he identifies there's a problem at that wheel. Only then you see the close up

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was joking mate :)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

not even WD40 could handle that wheel nut haha

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next