TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I don't see what Lewis has done wrong aside from potentially be caught out by a red flag
A late charge in qualifying is classic Lewis, and it's not like he was the only one caught out by that

I'm not sure if Mercedes thought they ever had race winning pace here, Monaco is an outlyer and they weren't warming up their tyres quick enough compared to other teams (which is usually a strength at other circuits that are harder on tyres)

Mercedes screwed up both their driver's races today. Telling Lewis to back off, save tyres to run long, then bring him in early for an undercut that didn't work was their biggest mistake since the "Stay out IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN" days....

But you know, people love it when other drivers are outspoken and they become legends for it, Lewis tells it as it is, and he's "moody" or sulking

I guess he should've shut up and said "well done today guys, not ideal but we bagged some good points, shame about Valtteri, but we'll come back next week" and hide his emotions like a good PR robot we want all the drivers to be eh?

He could have just admitted the whole team, including himself, had an off-weekend but they’ll bounce back like they have for the last 7 years.
But he chose to put the full blame on the team. No wonder they start to show more cracks

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:55 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

micha wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
I don't see what Lewis has done wrong aside from potentially be caught out by a red flag
A late charge in qualifying is classic Lewis, and it's not like he was the only one caught out by that

I'm not sure if Mercedes thought they ever had race winning pace here, Monaco is an outlyer and they weren't warming up their tyres quick enough compared to other teams (which is usually a strength at other circuits that are harder on tyres)

Mercedes screwed up both their driver's races today. Telling Lewis to back off, save tyres to run long, then bring him in early for an undercut that didn't work was their biggest mistake since the "Stay out IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN" days....

But you know, people love it when other drivers are outspoken and they become legends for it, Lewis tells it as it is, and he's "moody" or sulking

I guess he should've shut up and said "well done today guys, not ideal but we bagged some good points, shame about Valtteri, but we'll come back next week" and hide his emotions like a good PR robot we want all the drivers to be eh?

He could have just admitted the whole team, including himself, had an off-weekend but they’ll bounce back like they have for the last 7 years.
But he chose to put the full blame on the team. No wonder they start to show more cracks

So you're annoyed he told the truth instead of being a good little PR robot?

I guess at this stage in his career, he doesn't have to sugarcoat anything any more.

Besides, in the heat of battle when the adrenaline is flowing is a different thing to in the debrief, calmly later on when there is more calm.
But of course, we have to judge FOM's selection of the driver's comments mid race as if they're what they always think
Who knows, there could easily be nicer messages between lewis and the team we didn't hear, all we hear is a minor selection of the messages to try and sell you a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Max :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He was slow all weekend so he failed to find the right setup.
It was t just the team. And the team gave him so much already so he could have given them a bit more credits

If bottas’ weekend was horrible as well I’d be inclined to agree but his weekend was pretty good and only hindered by a freak incident. Without that he probably would have taken an easy 2nd

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah! The team made Lewis lose 2 positions in the race but he was half a second behind Bottas from Saturday on. Even if it was the other way round, Bottas would look shit with such a performance and would be rightly criticized. Imagine, let's say Lewis P2 or P3 and Bottas P8 or P9. Lewis has his share on this poor result too. Obviously, he's got a huge slack with the team, but that might not be the nicest thing to hear. Let's see how it develops.

Thing is, Lewis had the highest high of the championship battle this year (in Bahrain), but he also had the lowest lows. The first one didn't punish him as Russell and Bottas came to his rescue, but this time he was punished for his poor performance. Max has been more consistent, which is a bit unexpected.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Throw this fat fuck in the fucking harbour and hold his head down until the bubbles stop.

You would never hear or read this sort of shite from Murray.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:59 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Another instance in the thread where people have a problem with people telling the truth because of who they are, rather than what they're saying

I have no love for Croft. Him forgetting to turn his mic on and somehow confusing Vettel and Stroll behind Lewis on lap 1 when Vettel started 7th and Stroll 14th were boneheaded moves, but to call that race anything but atrocious is deluded.

Sure, there were some feelgood results, and it's great for the title fight, but as an entertaining spectacle on its own, it fell well short.

I've been watching a lot of classic races on that old Classicf1 stream that was linked here a while ago, Murray might be more polite about these things but he also made it clear when a race was not that exciting, luckily he had James Hunt to take that ball and run with it though.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

F2 had some closer racing and overtakes. The right cars, along with some decent tire wear, can still provide some action. F1 is the problem.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so what? Liberty will now use the Monaco GP weekend as their small lab for gimmicks and things to try to spice races?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:11 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

De Cesaris fan wrote:
F2 had some closer racing and overtakes. The right cars, along with some decent tire wear, can still provide some action. F1 is the problem.

Not always, the Friday F2 race was one of the worst I've seen too, the only overtake was when someone biffed another car out of the way for 10th at Rascasse on the final lap to secure reversed grid pole

The other races had either rain or pitstops to spice things up, especially in a championship that doesn't run tyre warmers

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Another instance in the thread where people have a problem with people telling the truth because of who they are, rather than what they're saying

The truth? He is supposed to be the 'voice of F1' and yet here he chunters like an entitled zoomer whining about how there's no overtaking at Monaco, as if he's never seen a race there before.

Not to mention that if a certain other driver had won by that distance he would have said nothing.

Monaco is not about driver vs. driver, it is driver vs. the track. Has been for longer than I've been watching. And that is why it is special.

You want to make changes to Monaco to make it great again? Put the barriers back where they belong - right against the edge of the circuit. Or enable DRS in the tunnel. See who's got the stones to press the button earliest.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No one put it in the wall today. 78 clean laps. Stroll tried but failed (classic stroll). Even mazepin kept it out of the wall today.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not even a single yellow flag, as far as I could see.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

Not always, the Friday F2 race was one of the worst I've seen too, the only overtake was when someone biffed another car out of the way for 10th at Rascasse on the final lap to secure reversed grid pole

The other races had either rain or pitstops to spice things up, especially in a championship that doesn't run tyre warmers

True, Friday was a terrible race, but it's everybody on the same tire with no pitstops. I think the feature race was decent because of the different tire strategies and tires that actually wear out (there were some good battles at the end as tires hit the cliff). That doesn't seem to happen in F1 anymore.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

maclauren wrote:

We need a bigger grid. Add 3 more teams and give those 6 seats for Maldonado, Kvyat, Ericsson, Merhi, Ide, and Tarso Marques and you are bound to have some action in Monaco. :yes:

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

maclauren wrote:

Driver standards are part of the problem as well. In F2 we still have some clumsy moves at Rascasse but F1 drivers are too good for this stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the lack of mistakes also has a lot to do with how far off the limit they are in races these days

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess they all raced carefully today because is so easy to crash in Monaco that is better to save equipment

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I suspect nobody was pushing, because what are they going to to if you´re slow, pass you?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a snooze fest, even by Monaco standards that was terrible. I haven't looked too closely into next years car specs, but I sure as shit hope they are shorter, wider and lighter than these behemoths.

Would smaller, lighter cars have helped? Probably not, but these cars, despite being one of the fastest ever breeds just look like laborious busses compared to previous nimble cars.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 477 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 24 Next