TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
micha wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
It's more how 9 teams are aware of the directives from the FIA about what corners are being policed for track limits, and somehow red bull seem to miss the directives from the FIA about which corners are being observed and which are not.

You can argue it's bullshit the FIA aren't consistant about such matters, but 9 teams seem to be aware when the FIA send out a statement saying they're policing a particular corner and Red Bull seem to be oblivious

Or maybe it's just Max himself who CBA to read every rules update, I dunno

Or maybe we only hear about 1 team because it actually had a big impact. Dutch tv mentioned other drivers getting warnings as well for track limits during the race.

During qualifying I was confused as heck because in some corners you can go wide and in others you cant. They NEED to fix this. Make it 100% clear. Enforce it 100% of the times. Or find a way that going over the track limits actually hurts the driver right away.

Track limits are clear: the curb (red/white paint) is considered part of the racetrack. You should keep a wheel on there. That's why sometimes it looks like they were going with 4 wheels outside the "track" (white line) but still considered OK. All warnings were for people clearly putting their 4 wheels off the red/white curb. Once you start looking for that, you spot instantly when people are off.

The problem here is not what a track limits infringement is, but when it is enforced. There were other corners where you could easily see drivers going totally wide and nothing happened.

And from watching the practice sessions I had the same impression that Max had: that track limits were enforced only on turn 4. For me it felt like 'Hey we weren't checking this the whole weekend, but it this is a key moment for the championship and everybody is watching. Let's enforce it right here right now'.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:

The problem here is not what a track limits infringement is, but when it is enforced. There were other corners where you could easily see drivers going totally wide and nothing happened.

And from watching the practice sessions I had the same impression that Max had: that track limits were enforced only on turn 4. For me it felt like 'Hey we weren't checking this the whole weekend, but it this is a key moment for the championship and everybody is watching. Let's enforce it right here right now'.

This exactly. From all the broadcasts I watched this season they mention they only enforce it in several corners. Not all.

I dont have the time or energy to learn each corner by heart anymore so yeah, when I see a driver go wide I have no clue if its a corner that has enforced track limits or not.

For people that dont follow F1 as long as most of us its utterly confusing. This is something that needs to be clear for everyone that is watching.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Runoff Is Made Of Lava.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The run off areas should be like in f1 mobile racing game, when u get wide or on the run off you kind of get in quick sand, it slows you down big time, and once you dig out you get a corner cut penalty as a reward, wich is like driving on pit limter for about 5 - 10 sec.
Now that or bring back grass or gravel like Suzuka or Imola has

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

G&G (grass'n'gravel) would fix track limits once and for all. It would make tracks challenging, punishing, old-school and pleasing to watch.
I think Paul Ricard would become my favorite circuits with G&G. It would be like Suzuka.

Couldn't find similar photoshop of Abu Dhabi, but even that layout would surely benefit if it was placed in the hills of Spielberg.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:50 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Make the runoffs PJ1

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:45 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I would gladly donate to any track via crowdfunding if they announced they needed help bringing grass/gravel back to their runoff.

It's 3 races in and I'm absolutely sick of hearing about track limits, it's completely of the FIAs making, both in creation of Tarmac runoff and inconsistent application of where they decide they're going to police it (even if they make it clear to the teams before the weekend what corners are "live" and what aren't, which red bull have somehow managed to miss TWICE now, but I digress)

Makes me actually look forward to Monaco for a change, because it might be a procession there but at least there's none of this shit...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they're stubborn about tarmac runoffs just like nascar is stubborn with the splitter

nobody asked, but they keep insisting

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:53 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

codename_47 wrote:
I would gladly donate to any track via crowdfunding if they announced they needed help bringing grass/gravel back to their runoff.

It's 3 races in and I'm absolutely sick of hearing about track limits, it's completely of the FIAs making, both in creation of Tarmac runoff and inconsistent application of where they decide they're going to police it (even if they make it clear to the teams before the weekend what corners are "live" and what aren't, which red bull have somehow managed to miss TWICE now, but I digress)

Makes me actually look forward to Monaco for a change, because it might be a procession there but at least there's none of this shit...

I have no doubt the pendulum will eventually swing the other way again in favor of gravel if track limits become a complete shitshow basically every single race. Or if they affect a championship outcome in closing stages of the season. Due to Mercedes dominance we've avoided such drama in the last few years but it won't last forever.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

Seriously, is there any evidence they were monitoring turn 14 before? Video of an example on that corner or any previous lap deleted? I can easily remember the TV showing the track limits on turn 4, commentators unsure on turn 14, and no video mentioning this corner.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Instead of bringing in the car park runoffs, why couldn't they have just changed the rules so a car wasn't automatically out of the race if they beached it in the kitty litter? That was where a lot of it came from, fans complaining that otherwise fine cars were out of the race if they just calmly spun into the kitty litter.

Then there was the absolute stupidness of when they thought of creating 'waves' in the gravel which caused all sorts of messes.

And if the BAR drivers hadn't had that bet on taking Eau Rouge flat out...

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it was great back in the day when unforced mistakes often happened and took a championship leader our of contention

Lewis lost his first title shot because of a small patch of gravel in a huge car park disguised of race track. I thought they could had learned from that

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Then there was the absolute stupidness of when they thought of creating 'waves' in the gravel which caused all sorts of messes.

gotta give some credit to the track owners for trying to make it more like a zen garden

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
it was great back in the day when unforced mistakes often happened and took a championship leader our of contention
Lewis lost his first title shot because of a small patch of gravel in a huge car park disguised of race track. I thought they could had learned from that

They learned the wrong way by asphalting that patch.

I can picture sadistic FIA official in Paris eating caviar and thinking "Yawn...what a boring day. I know, let's remove that one patch of gravel at Shanghai circuit. That will surely make F1 more boring and angry the fans. No risk, no fun. God I love my work."

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
I can picture sadistic FIA official in Paris eating caviar and thinking "Yawn...what a boring day. I know, let's remove that one patch of gravel at Shanghai circuit. That will surely make F1 more boring and angry the fans. No risk, no fun. God I love my work."

found an exclusive footage of that meeting

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Seriously, is there any evidence they were monitoring turn 14 before? Video of an example on that corner or any previous lap deleted? I can easily remember the TV showing the track limits on turn 4, commentators unsure on turn 14, and no video mentioning this corner.
article about the track limits here:
https://wtf1.com/post/there-are-yet-mor ... -portimao/

So strict ban on turns 1, 4 and 15, with 5 and 14 also monitored.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So, yes, that's very similar to Bahrain, when Red Bull didn't get it totally right

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The difference with Bahrain is that they had said that exceeding track limits would only be penalized during practice and qualy, and not during the race. Resulting in Hamilton doing it all the time, Verstappen not, Red Bull noticing it and race control deciding mid race that maybe cars would get penalized after all.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Instead of bringing in the car park runoffs, why couldn't they have just changed the rules so a car wasn't automatically out of the race if they beached it in the kitty litter? That was where a lot of it came from, fans complaining that otherwise fine cars were out of the race if they just calmly spun into the kitty litter.

Yet Lewis Hamilton was taken out of the gravel with a freaking crane at the Nürburgring and kept going.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, and there was a lot of fuss about it during and after the race, but he finished outside the points so it didn´t really matter.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next