TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:12 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Well, Russell was criticized quite a bit during the last 24 hours. He might have caused big issues for Mercedes to develop new components as they have to rebuilt Bottas' car and the budget gap is going to restrict them.

Lol this isn't true at all. You're just making shit up now, it's getting sad.

What happens on race day barely effects the development of the car.

The real sad part is your hatred against Finns and how it blinds you from not knowing I'm just quoting what Toto Wolff's been saying rather than making things up like you tend to do.

But yeah, that's what racism does to a weak mind I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Well, Russell was criticized quite a bit during the last 24 hours. He might have caused big issues for Mercedes to develop new components as they have to rebuilt Bottas' car and the budget gap is going to restrict them.

Lol this isn't true at all. You're just making shit up now, it's getting sad.

What happens on race day barely effects the development of the car.

Herr Wolff said so. I think he has a better idea than you. :whistling: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just as a side note, I don't think anyone suggesting anyone else is racist should have any place on this forum. Hope we've still got mods around that agree.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:13 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
The real sad part is your hatred against Finns and how it blinds you from not knowing I'm just quoting what Toto Wolff's been saying rather than making things up like you tend to do.

But yeah, that's what racism does to a weak mind I guess.

Firstly, Toto Wolff is the last person to listen to as he is the most biased person in this argument. Of course he's going to support his driver.

Also, racist, ok where did that come from? What evidence have you got that I'm racist?

One of my closest friends, who I know through this forum, who I've been friends with for 10+ years, who've I've let stay at my house in Australia, is Finnish. Mika Hakkinen is one of my favourite drivers. I dated a Brazilian for 7 years. I speak 3 languages. I dated a South American for 7 years. I've been to two world cups, visited 30 countries yet I'm racist?

I have no hatred for Finnish people but you know who I don't like? Pathetic, sad trolls, who say incredibly dumb shit then throw a tantrum and accuse you of being racist, weak minded, moronic when their thin, flimsy, factually incorrect arguments fall flat.

Also, I've noticed you've given Lewis Hamilton as emasculating nickname, that's borderline racist (not going to call you racist, last time I did you had the ultimate internet tantrum and threatened to sue me like a 5 year old in a school yard would.

By the way, don't ever change. Because your posts are great entertainment. Make me feel so much smarter than I probably am.

Oh wow, you let a Finn inside your house, that must mean you are a good person and all your attacks on other Finns are justified.

You have a habit of only portaging Finns like me, Bottas and Kimi in a negative light and over exaggerate your beliefs. The only connection I see is ethnicity and on Sunday you referred me as nationalist for defending Bottas. It kinda feels unjustified and bad and seems to me as racism.

And I have not invented that nick name for Hamilton, so don't stamp that on me when it's commonly used even here.

And if you feel superior over me...well...feel free to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Philthy82 wrote:
Just as a side note, I don't think anyone suggesting anyone else is racist should have any place on this forum. Hope we've still got mods around that agree.

Well I thought this forum was against racism and I felt the only reason scotty keeps attacking me is he has a problem with my ethnic background and it's allowed to call out someone behaving against the common policy.

I'm not entirely convinced his explanation or if he has some hidden agenda, but it doesn't look good from my point of view. I wasn't talking to him on Sunday, yet he felt entitled to attack me once again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:33 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Oh wow, you let a Finn inside your house, that must mean you are a good person and all your attacks on other Finns are justified.

Racists usually aren't that selective. Maybe because he's from Aland I've made an exception?

NVirkkula wrote:
You have a habit of only portaging Finns like me, Bottas and Kimi in a negative light and over exaggerate your beliefs. The only connection I see is ethnicity and on Sunday you referred me as nationalist for defending Bottas. It kinda feels unjustified and bad and seems to me as racism..

Race was never implied. Nationalism isn't racism. I don't like Kimi because I find him rude, not because he's Finnish. Even in the drive to survive documentary, the producer asks him to do a clap for the audio/video timing and he says "that's your job", that just makes him look like an asshole. People might find that unique or an endearing character quirk, but I didn't.

I don't have anything against Bottas, as a personality I like him. I like his "to whom it may concern" stuff. I just don't rate him. I think he's mediocre at best.

NVirkkula wrote:
And I have not invented that nick name for Hamilton, so don't stamp that on me when it's commonly used even here.

You've stamped yourself by using it.

All right, thanks for clearing out your views, maybe you're not racist then.

And to clear out why I felt this was racism, at least in Finland there's a lot of people who connect nationalism to far right and racism.

And I agree what you said about Bottas. I'm not a fan, neither is a majority of Finnish motorsports audience since he lacks the raw pace and charisma that Keke, Mika and Kimi has.

And I have no idea if calling Hamilton with commonly used nickname means. If it's something that racists use, then I'll not use it again and rather use Sir Lewis instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:38 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced his explanation or if he has some hidden agenda, but it doesn't look good from my point of view. I wasn't talking to him on Sunday, yet he felt entitled to attack me once again.

I never attacked you, I disagreed with you and you took it personally. As a matter of a fact, I never even quoted you. I said "some members need to put their nationalism aside", then gave an example for how I've done it.

Does it ever occur to you that constantly using negative words like dilussional, referring one having low intelligence, bringing out nationality and always picking up might seem like harasment or bullying with ethnicity included? If it happened once or twice, but it's every time I say something, you have to come and do what you do.

Maybe you could just leave me alone and ignore my comments like most of the people here do if they disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would say it was Bottas fault, cuz there is an comparison of the incident and Hamiltons overtakes during late stages, and i see when they get past the pit exit, there is a pit exit line in the middle of the track. The one you should not cross when coming out of pits.
While Bottas crosses it a bit (yeh there is still room for 2 cars, but its tight)
While when Hamilton was overtaking none of his opponents crossed the line.
You can see clearly from Raikkonen onboard that Bottas was more to the right than to the left when Russel was next to him

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:57 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

alex1369 wrote:
I would say it was Bottas fault, cuz there is an comparison of the incident and Hamiltons overtakes during late stages, and i see when they get past the pit exit, there is a pit exit line in the middle of the track. The one you should not cross when coming out of pits.
While Bottas crosses it a bit (yeh there is still room for 2 cars, but its tight)
While when Hamilton was overtaking none of his opponents crossed the line.
You can see clearly from Raikkonen onboard that Bottas was more to the right than to the left when Russel was next to him

I think Bottas wasn't looking in his mirrors too much, but once realized Russell was on the side, he tried to move to left and give more space like he usually does when someone challenges him. It's not like he pulls those moves that Max used to do few years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is a really good take on the incident and it actually changes my mind. I respect Scott Mansell's analyses as a driver and coach, he always has very good insights.

It's also clever how he did the video with a fan friend of his, because I feel like I am that fan (I had the same 60-40 responsibility split against Bottas in my mind) but Scott's arguments as a driver are compelling and Russell possibly came to the same realisation after settling down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Wolff is still to blame. He thinks he's a mix of Brawn and Todt at their prime but ends up being a cynical Helmut Marko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Now, one thing that I would like to point out and that has nothing to do with Russell or Bottas is that this race was proof that the precautions taken at wet races are valid. It wasn't soaking the out lap had Schumacher massively understeering and Alonso crashing, Leclerc spun on the formation lap, Kimi spun under SC and Max almost lost it at the restart of the race. These cars are very tricky to drive in the wet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
Now, one thing that I would like to point out and that has nothing to do with Russell or Bottas is that this race was proof that the precautions taken at wet races are valid. It wasn't soaking the out lap had Schumacher massively understeering and Alonso crashing, Leclerc spun on the formation lap, Kimi spun under SC and Max almost lost it at the restart of the race. These cars are very tricky to drive in the wet.

I wonder how much of this (if anything) was due to the circuit itself. It seems like a lot more drivers were passengers in their own cars than I remember at other recent wet races.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think it was the perfect combination of having no clue about the grip levels at a wet Imola, and the usual fact that they don't have much experience in the Pirelli wet weather tyres. It's not like they usually test with them.

Blame Italy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is pretty simple to me. Russell is becoming increasingly frustrated with Toto and Merc.

He has been the heir apparent for soo long, and feels that he should be in the car now (I agree), he has been toiling away at the crap box Williams for 3 years now, and probably feels like his time is being wasted and there is maybe a possibility that he gets passed on. Meaning that he has wasted 3 years.

In The Race's last YouTube video they said that Wolf joked around that he can demote Russell to the Renault Clio Cup.......what kind of prick does that? Who alsochappens to be part of your management team, and the boss of the team you want to go to. What a colossal dick if that is the case.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:56 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Talk to Ocon about being Mercedes next leading light and then when you finally show your potential, there's no room for you

It isn't massively sinister, sometimes there's just no room at the inn

Remember how Stoffel Vandoorne looked like McLaren's next Lewis, dominated the ladder series, then when he got to the top, McLaren were shit and there was no-where else for him to go
Same for Kevin Magnussen really, underwhelming in a Haas was no compensation for how good he looked when he was coming up through the ladder series.

F1 definitely needs more cars in the field. Even someone like Albon would benefit keeping race fit in a Manor or whatever else might turn up at the back of the grid rather than sitting on the sidelines, and the more seats there are on the grid, the more chances for young drivers to get into the sport.

Just make a rule that the old guys have to be gone by 40 and you'll get the grid refreshing enough (sorry Kimi :whistling: )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
funny that McLaren had some incredibly talented drivers on junior formula that turned out the wrong way (Magnussen), had an awful car (Vandoorne) or simply didn't got the chance (de Vries)

fortunately both Vandoorne and de Vries are doing quite alright at Formula E

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Talk to Ocon about being Mercedes next leading light and then when you finally show your potential, there's no room for you

It isn't massively sinister, sometimes there's just no room at the inn

Remember how Stoffel Vandoorne looked like McLaren's next Lewis, dominated the ladder series, then when he got to the top, McLaren were shit and there was no-where else for him to go
Same for Kevin Magnussen really, underwhelming in a Haas was no compensation for how good he looked when he was coming up through the ladder series.

F1 definitely needs more cars in the field. Even someone like Albon would benefit keeping race fit in a Manor or whatever else might turn up at the back of the grid rather than sitting on the sidelines, and the more seats there are on the grid, the more chances for young drivers to get into the sport.

Just make a rule that the old guys have to be gone by 40 and you'll get the grid refreshing enough (sorry Kimi :whistling: )

I've been saying this for years.

F1 needs to keep rules stable for several years, and allow customer teams in 1+ year old cars.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
This is a really good take on the incident and it actually changes my mind. I respect Scott Mansell's analyses as a driver and coach, he always has very good insights.

It's also clever how he did the video with a fan friend of his, because I feel like I am that fan (I had the same 60-40 responsibility split against Bottas in my mind) but Scott's arguments as a driver are compelling and Russell possibly came to the same realisation after settling down.

I think Scott uses a very common F1 argument to justify Bottas's actions here, that as the leading car you can do whatever you like when someone's trying to overtake as long as you leave a car's width. Two problems with that: 1) at a certain point the passing car runs out of time to react to what the leading car's doing, and I think that was marginal in this incident, and 2) the passing car can't be held responsible for failing to forsee he might not have enough grip on the car's width the leading car chooses to leave him. What if instead of a wet track it was a dry lane with a slow lapper 100 feet up the road? At what point is the leading car responsible for forcing the passing car into an accident? I still think the accident is 100% Bottas's fault by any reasonable assessment, but also that F1 has never had a reasonable assessment of fair racing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Philthy82 wrote:
2) the passing car can't be held responsible for failing to forsee he might not have enough grip on the car's width the leading car chooses to leave him. What if instead of a wet track it was a dry lane with a slow lapper 100 feet up the road? At what point is the leading car responsible for forcing the passing car into an accident? I still think the accident is 100% Bottas's fault by any reasonable assessment, but also that F1 has never had a reasonable assessment of fair racing.

The driver who is making a pass is always responsible to make it work and foresee if there's grip or not. It is as simple as that.

Or next thing drivers would use to moan in team radio after they run on tarmac runoff when trying to pass from outside would be something like "he didn't give me room and I didn't know there wasn't enough grip! give him penalty and I keep this position even though I went flat out through the run off area."

They already use that "not enough room" excuse when they shortcut from the run off area when they fail to overtake from the outside. You want it to become even worse with drivers late braking and faking "losing grip" because they "couldn't foresee" the grip level there and stewards decide that would now be a clean pass and worth of penalty for the driver who was passed?

You blame Bottas because you like Russell over him, you would blame him if he was the one failing the overtake attempt with roles reversed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 34 Next