TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:26 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
Hamilton was reportedly the worst "offender" (not his fault, he was exploring a grey area) and the only one to be warned. Masi's note to the drivers said that they could run wide at the exit of that corner, but only if you do not gain an advantage by doing so.

Of course, the only reason you would run wide is because it gains you an advantage.

The Chain of events runs like this

1. FIA issue directive on Friday saying Running wide in T4 will be policed only in qualifying not in the race

2. Red Bull fails to read this directive

3. Drivers, including Hamilton, begin to use this area of the track in the race

4. Red Bull complain about this on the radio

5. FIA issue warning that they're now suddenly going to police T4 after all and you better all quit it, while radioing Mercedes to tell Hamilton that one more time and he's getting a black/white flag and one more time after that, a time penalty

6. Hamilton (and by the lack of penalties, everyone) suddenly stops using the runoff because it's not allowed any more

7. Red Bull smirk to themselves thinking they've removed another Merc Advantage

8. Fans somehow think this is the FIA giving Mercedes an advantage using weird twists of logic that no human should find possible, but still do

9. When trying to pass Hamilton, Max runs wide around the outside of T4 to complete the move, something that has never been legal and would've been a penalty even if points 1-7 hadn't happened

10. FIA tell Max to give the place back or get a penalty, Max obliges

11. Fans again think the FIA work for Mercedes because perhaps they've only been watching since after USA 2017 when even Max himself learnt this lesson

12. Max and Lewis congratulate each other on a great, close race in parc ferme, have no problem about each other's behaviour, as their fans begin tearing each other apart.

13. Drive to Survive start editing this as some sort of psychological advantage for Bottas.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
1. FIA issue directive on Friday saying Running wide in T4 will be policed only in qualifying not in the race

Why was this directive a thing though? It's like saying you're only going to award throw-ins in the first half

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:41 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Schumifan wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Why was this directive a thing though? It's like saying you're only going to award throw-ins in the first half

Yep

I watched Qualifying via C4 and they were talking about it then

And TBH I think Crofty was bitching about it in Practice too IIRC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You state facts in points 1 to 6, but after that you use personal opinion and it all goes downhill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Is just another cherry on the big cake of shit called Mercedes domination

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Omega wrote:
When I go karting and do something that is not allowed, like hitting another kart, the system automatically slows me down for a couple of seconds. How difficult can it be to use that without doubt very high tech technology in F1?

Imagine someone in F1 having their engine dulled at the end of a straight or at the mid point of a fast corner with someone right on their tail, even an acceleration zone out of a slow corner, you'd have airplane accidents week in week out. Think Webber/Kovaleinen at Valencia, Rosberg/Karthikeyan at Abu Dhabi.

How is that a bad thing? :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:40 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I'd rather not see (near) fatalz plz.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
When I go karting and do something that is not allowed, like hitting another kart, the system automatically slows me down for a couple of seconds. How difficult can it be to use that without doubt very high tech technology in F1?

Make it safer
1st time, recorded + warning, 2nd time recorded + warning, 3rd time 5s penalty, 4th time final warning, 5th time 5s extra penalty, 6th time 10s extra penalty, 7th time black flag.

Not pitting within 1 full lap after black flag = 2 race ban
Not pitting within 2 full laps after black flag = 5 race ban
Not pitting within 3 full laps after black flag = expelled from the rest of the season.

Introduce rules regarding yellow and double yellow along the same draconic lines.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just let them use whatever tarmac is available - see below at 1:50

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Omega wrote:

Pretty easy to do but it's an incredibly dumb idea.

Like your idea of walls was the pinnacle of bright ideas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
another solution is turning the electric gimmicks from the engine off for 1 lap, it wouldn't break the speed all of a sudden and still make it lose big time

but I'm also up for walls, F1 is lacking crashes from driving errors, today they only happen because of bonehead blocking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A tyre wall is probably the easiest and cheapest thing to implement there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The DRS zone on that straight and the large run-off are obviously there to encourage overtaking into that corner, of which we've seen a lot of across F1/F2. Problem with putting a wall so close to the track limits is that it's likely to deter a lot of attempted overtakes, especially late braking moves. So bit of a double edged sword.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:

This idea used to be dumb, as races like Monza 1996 and Hockenheim pre-1994 have shown, but now with the HALO it becomes good again.

I am not sure if you mean a free pack of tyres, but it could work. No risk for the driver's head in collisions, and if it causes someone to flip once in a decade because they hit it the wrong angle, then tough luck, it's still somewhat low speed and they still have the HALO.

It also means that if someone forces you wide, you can still escape on the other side of the tyre pack, unlike a wall close to the track. Heck, I've seen tyres used on karting tracks in a 70-ish kph fast chicane, and you're going in there basically naked. But it works, people fall back in single file instead of encouraging cutting and bad ideas.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

This idea used to be dumb, as races like Monza 1996 and Hockenheim pre-1994 have shown, but now with the HALO it becomes good again.

I am not sure if you mean a free pack of tyres, but it could work. No risk for the driver's head in collisions, and if it causes someone to flip once in a decade because they hit it the wrong angle, then tough luck, it's still somewhat low speed and they still have the HALO.

It also means that if someone forces you wide, you can still escape on the other side of the tyre pack, unlike a wall close to the track. Heck, I've seen tyres used on karting tracks in a 70-ish kph fast chicane, and you're going in there basically naked. But it works, people fall back in single file instead of encouraging cutting and bad ideas.

I think he means a wall along the outside, which obviously these days is a belted wall. I think Tecpro is typically used over such walls these days, but the effect would be the same.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

yes

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19