TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 183 84 85 86 87101 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just curious... So, if I don't want a flu shot, am I an anti-vaxxer?

From what I see, the Covid shot isn't much different. You get the Covid shot, you may or may not contract Covid anyway. If you do, it's generally going to be a much easier go of it than if you weren't vaccinated. Same as the Flu shot.

You all know you can be pro vaccine and still not want to get this particular one right?

Should he be fired from his job for not wanting the Covid shot? I say no. Put the shoe on the other foot... Forget Covid for a minute, should he (or anyone) be fired if they don't get the Flu shot? Or the Pneumonia shot?

Cats out of the bag now with all these mandates. There's nothing stopping them from mandating either of those (Flu or Pneumonia) since the Covid mandates have come along. How far do you want to go with this, or perhaps, how far are you willing to go?

Just being Devil's Advocate. For full disclosure, I got the Covid shot and I will be getting the Flu shot. I am firmly against any of these mandates though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
If someone doesn't want to take the shot or wear masks so be it, just don't get near me

about 11 years ago I took the H1N1 shot and got very sick because of it, lost 4kg in 3 days and couldn't eat anything, spent 4 days in bed just taking meds for nausea and lemon gatorade.

Yet, I just don't go take the regular shots they offer (hepatitis, yellow fever, etc) because I'm lazy and just wait health officers to arrive at work to give the vaccines

at first I was quite worried that covid vax could give me similar side effects from H1N1 but it was fine, the fear was gone when I realized I can go out in a bar after fucking 18 months

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:

From what I see, the Covid shot isn't much different. You get the Covid shot, you may or may not contract Covid anyway. If you do, it's generally going to be a much easier go of it than if you weren't vaccinated. Same as the Flu shot.

You all know you can be pro vaccine and still not want to get this particular one right?

Should he be fired from his job for not wanting the Covid shot? I say no. Put the shoe on the other foot... Forget Covid for a minute, should he (or anyone) be fired if they don't get the Flu shot? Or the Pneumonia shot?

Cats out of the bag now with all these mandates. There's nothing stopping them from mandating either of those (Flu or Pneumonia) since the Covid mandates have come along. How far do you want to go with this, or perhaps, how far are you willing to go?

Just being Devil's Advocate. For full disclosure, I got the Covid shot and I will be getting the Flu shot. I am firmly against any of these mandates though.

If the Flu would cripple the economy and daily life like Covid did then yes. Flu should should be mandatory.
Polio was devastating people en masse and since the vaccine for it, it has gone away.

Its very likely they have to get shots to travel to some of the countries they go to anyways, so why not get the Covid shot? Because some mentally retarded Karen posted on facebook that it contains microchips? Or that the sister of the neighbor of the guy that delivers water at the company her best friends cousin's former classmate's dog that used to piss against the door heard that someone felt a little bit off after getting the shot?

You can be free to get the shot or not but not free of consequences and I applaud any company/organization that straight up kicks these people to the curbs. I deeply hope that insurance companies can legally refuse to cover medical cost due to it being preventable.

Some of these mentally challenged people claim religious exemption yet the pope stated multiple times to get the shot. No surprise that these fake tv preachers now suddenly want to get rid of the pope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This'll be an excellent way to derail the thread...

I think the key thing about the Covid vaccines (and flu to a lesser extent) is that it's for the greater good - most people getting the vaccine would be fine if they got Covid, but by getting the vaccine they're then less likely to infect those who would get very sick if they get Covid.

I think it's a society decision to mandate it or not, but given that Covid can overwhelm health systems and lead to lockdowns which impact everyone I can see the argument for mandating it

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm sorry. Perhaps we should just delete those three posts before this gets out of control. I shouldn't have posted that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:27 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Covid only derailed the economy because governments overreacted to the potential crisis and in some areas, still won't let people get back to their lives. And yes, this hurt racing dearly, just like it has everything else.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

westracing01 wrote:

The thing about this those facebook warriors don't want to consider is that a worldwide pandemic of a virus isn't political, it's just science

The only way to fight an outbreak of such magnitude is to vaccinate the population against the disease, and the only way that really works is if 100% or as close to it as possible of that population is vaccinated so the deadly disease can't spread

The flu vaccine is proof that it worked because 100 years ago Flu was as bad or worse than covid (hence the Spanish Flu outbreak) and the vaccination managed to reduce it from deadly to a horrible inconvienence (Unless you're over 65 when you are again given vaccination against it cos living is nicer than dying from flu)

Is the vaccine perfect? Probably not. Scientists are the type of people that like to check and double check their work to make sure it's as close to perfect as possible, from the ones I've heard from, I just know in reality they'd love about another 10 years to really iron out the kinks of the vaccine before releasing it to the public, but needs must and people were dying so it had to be a bit of a rush job
Is it being used to insert microchips, kill off the population or do anything but try to fight the virus? Absolutely not...
I'm a cynical person as anyone else but even I believe our governments would rather keep us alive to work ourselves to the grindstone to further their profits, they have no benefit in killing off most of their working population and i'm not sure what good tracking the average joe from his workplace to his house to his supermarket to his sports ground and back again every week is going to do for them, especially when he's taking his phone with him anyway that'll do all that for you.

I've found these past few years massively depressing in that there's nothing on this planet that won't make us unify and come together as one. All those bullshit sci-fi shows where aliens invade and we pull together to fight them and end up with a harmonious society as a result, never gonna happen. Even in the face of a virus sweeping the planet, some people chose to a) deny there was a virus in the first place and B) when there was a chance to combat the virus, decide that the treatment was worse than the virus itself and politicise taking it.

I'd have respected any politician on the planet that said "ok, we're facing something new here and something bigger than any of us had dealt with before, it's time we followed the science on this one and did exactly what the medical people say, we'll take a back seat and just enact policies that will save all of our lives"
But of course they have to get in the way and take credit for the successes and point the finger when they screw up, as well as milk the situation to make as much money for themselves as possible and further their agendas to asset strip resorces for the poor in favour of the rich, so yeah, they've all been dicks about it

But just take the fucking vaccine, Alan.

(Unless you have Aids or something, then consult your doctor first. Then probably take it after that, you jerk)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:

(Unless you have Aids or something, then consult your doctor first. Then probably take it after that, you jerk)

Why are we wasting our effort on this topic?

I understand if a driver or team manager was anti-vaxx, we could have this conversation, but he's a disposal employee of the FIA who can be replaced at a moments notice. If he doesn't want to get vaxxed and doesn't have a good reason not too, he's an adult who'll have to bear the consequences and face unemployment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Why are we wasting our effort on this topic?

I understand if a driver or team manager was anti-vaxx, we could have this conversation, but he's a disposal employee of the FIA who can be replaced at a moments notice. If he doesn't want to get vaxxed and doesn't have a good reason not too, he's an adult who'll have to bear the consequences and face unemployment.

Wasn't he like the hero of the Grosjean incident?

Way to ruin all that cache, he probably couldn't have done any wrong in F1 fans eyes.....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ahh the subtle hints that they are up to no good.....But then in the same breath trot out the "I didn't say that, don't be ridiculous....but they did suddenly get a boost".....Didn't Honda get a boost with their upgrade as well?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

mercedes probably improved the reliability allowing them to turn it up a bit. also apparently, the more an engine is used it loses a little bit of performance. i think i heard peter windsor say that or something

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Ahh the subtle hints that they are up to no good.....But then in the same breath trot out the "I didn't say that, don't be ridiculous....but they did suddenly get a boost".....Didn't Honda get a boost with their upgrade as well?

Didnt Honda also say why they got that boost?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

trout wrote:
mercedes probably improved the reliability allowing them to turn it up a bit. also apparently, the more an engine is used it loses a little bit of performance. i think i heard peter windsor say that or something

I think it's probably as simple as this, tbh. We know they have a great engine, but we also know they had reliability worries at the start of the season. Makes sense to run them as gently as they think they can manage, and then fit a new engine and turn it up when it becomes clear that they need to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Work has started at Spa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Raidillon grandstand to be achieved in April. They mention the new run-off there will be tarmac, with gravel to come back at la Source, les Combes, Pouhon (they call it 'double-left' for some reason - amateurs :p ), Stavelot, and bus stop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whatever's happening with Van der Merwe, I'm just wondering who'll be the replacing driver.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I'd say Alonso, as he got plenty of experience riding the medical car

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They usually rely on old GT drivers, so...Toto Wolff!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd put Nigel Mansell there.

Or Taki Inoue, no way he can crash or be run over a car he's sitting inside of.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
They usually rely on old GT drivers, so...Toto Wolff!

Yuji Ide went to GTs after F1, so why not?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 183 84 85 86 87101 Next