TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 185 86 87 88 89101 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Why wouldn't it? The vaccine rollout is almost done (for 16+), there's no further strategies for covid suppression other than to tell the unvaccinated to stay the fuck away. There's nothing left to do for community health, and Dan knows every major event next year needs to go ahead to hold on to what reputation we have left as a major events hub.

It's more if international arrivals are forced into quarantine for 7 days on arrival. There won't be a race a race if 1000's of personnel, drivers, engineers etc have to spend 7 days locked in a hotel. We've got athletes in the UK waiting for quarantine free travel to start but we've been told it won't happen until Feb/March.

The Australian Open (January) will give us an indication if the GP goes ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd be shocked if that 1 week quarantine still applied next year, particularly for fully vaccinated people. (Sorry PVDM) If it is still in place surely F1 could get an exemption with their paddock bubble anyway. I just don't see the state or federal governments making it difficult for F1 to go here for a 3rd straight year, there would be too much backlash from local business and events.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No support for sprint races and other gimmicks according to F1 Fan Survey
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/survey/202 ... etwork.pdf

Can't wait to see how Domenicali and co. will twist the results to do absolute reverse of everything. :roll:
When money speaks, you shut up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fans 35+ support a return to refueling

What idiots. IE "This was the way the sport was when I came to it as a child, so it should always be this way, I have never watched a race from the 80s or early 90s to see how much better the racing was before Refueling was introduced"

Refueling is a red line for me, if they bring it back, I'll let you know where I'll be. I'm out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I'd be up for refuelling if that meant cars with shorter wheelbase

which is not going to happen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

We haven't actually seen how refueling would work with DRS. Couldn't be worse than what we have now. :think:
The effect of DRS has been vastly more detrimental to racing than refueling ever was. Yes, there are statistically more overtaking now, but who cares about drivers passing each other on a straight? It's the battles that count. At least during the refueling era we saw genuine battles that lasted more than 1 lap, even though the overtake would never materialize.

It hurts my heart every time when a top car just flies past an inferior car. I wanna see them get stuck and suffer like Coulthard behind Bernoldi or Alonso behind Petrov :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

JJ wrote:

It hurts my heart every time when a top car just flies past an inferior car. I wanna see them get stuck and suffer like Coulthard behind Bernoldi or Alonso behind Petrov :twisted:

Why is DRS seen as an easy pass, yet someone with a full tank of fuel being overtaken by someone with half a tank or less of fuel somehow more preferable?

And that's best case scenario. They all went with the exact same strategy 99% of the time, leading to less strategy divergene and tyre life is also taken out of the equation because when you have fresh tyres, you have full fuel and when your fuel burns off, you've ruined the tyres

Also, extra cost and safety concerns, nah fuck it, it's not coming back

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only problem with DRS is the easy no effort passes. But I suppose that's still better than no passes and just riding around until the pitstops.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
We haven't actually seen how refueling would work with DRS.

I expect it would work exactly how it worked last time we had it. Drivers wouldn't bother trying to overtake in most cases and would just wait for the stops. Races would go back to being chess matches between strategists on the pit wall.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The years before the refueling ban, drivers didn´t try to overtake. They just waited until the guy in front pitted, tried to squeeze one extra lap on empty tanks, pit and come out in front. End of race, no excitement, yet praises all over the place about brilliant tactics. Schumacher mastered this game and won everything, but it was boring as hell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did you see this crap:

Nice split points. Not misleading at all. Why not have just 2 categories, < 1 and > 1? Then you get 100% support for ever growing calendar.
Also also >4 means same as 5-12 and 13+. :slaphead:

At the end of the report:
"Survey questionnaire construction & testing, data analysis and results interpretation were conducted by industry experts.". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Refueling is a red line for me, if they bring it back, I'll let you know where I'll be. I'm out

I wouldn't worry too much about it. As millennials and zoomers don't want it there's no chance Liberty will push for it.

And that graph is choice. I assume the ">4" is a typo but the grouping together of all the numbers above 12 is not, considering that the last time they did one of these the results for the calendar question were grouped together in 2s and 3s.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The 16 race season was always optimal to me. But it also had in season testing that kept the appetite wet.

As a fan I would love for them to go back to that 16-18 races a season but have one or maybe two, two day tests after a GP, have it televised to make up those lost races. With all the restrictions on wind tunnel and CFD coming into place it would provide the teams with actual real world running. But you know, more races means more money.

Didn't Bernie once say that he didn't want F1 to be like NASCAR with a race every weekend? Oops. American owners.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:42 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

RtN wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. As millennials and zoomers don't want it there's no chance Liberty will push for it.

And that graph is choice. I assume the ">4" is a typo but the grouping together of all the numbers above 12 is not, considering that the last time they did one of these the results for the calendar question were grouped together in 2s and 3s.

The gimmicks that will do it for me are standing starts after red flags, sprint qualifying and refuelling. We already have to deal with 2 of them. Only one more to go :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
As a fan I would love for them to go back to that 16-18 races a season but have one or maybe two, two day tests after a GP, have it televised to make up those lost races. With all the restrictions on wind tunnel and CFD coming into place it would provide the teams with actual real world running. But you know, more races means more money.

Genuine question here, because I really don't understand this at all. Why do you want races replaced with tests? And on weekdays when no one can watch, if they even wanted to?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I personally am pro more tests. There are hardly any test days before the season. Drivers don´t have time to adapt to the new car, less time to try things, if your car is bad at the start of the season, you´re fucked. More testing during the season seems better. I wouldn´t watch it on TV, but having them would be a bonus. I went to see the test days in Spa 2007, was able to sneak in the paddock, great fun.

Fewer races would work for me as well in the sense that with 23 races, it feels like it is F1 all the time, and no race is special anymore. It is just one of the many.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

mclaren2008 wrote:

The gimmicks that will do it for me are standing starts after red flags

I don't get it, didn't we always used to bitch about that after red flags/SCs in wet races that there was zero need for a sc restart when a restart on the grid would work?

TBH That's one of the best things Liberty have brought in, always used to annoy me when it was a single file restart when the incident/weather wasn't an issue any more

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:15 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

RtN wrote:
Bruxelles is an interesting name because it seems to be the only holdover from the very first races with the new circuit (pre-Bus Stop), where every new corner was named after a European capital with the exception of what is now Stavelot, which was named Liege.

There is a map from Motorsport Magazine showing the names here; https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2134 ... try8864852

Amazingly underrated comment; no-name corner clearly was blessed with a name at one point :p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EsbenT wrote:
RtN wrote:
Bruxelles is an interesting name because it seems to be the only holdover from the very first races with the new circuit (pre-Bus Stop), where every new corner was named after a European capital with the exception of what is now Stavelot, which was named Liege.

There is a map from Motorsport Magazine showing the names here; https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2134 ... try8864852

Amazingly underrated comment; no-name corner clearly was blessed with a name at one point :p

Petition to rename 'no-name corner' to 'had-name corner'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Genuine question here, because I really don't understand this at all. Why do you want races replaced with tests? And on weekdays when no one can watch, if they even wanted to?

Because I feel like Vettel. They just don't have any real meaning anymore, and the ones that get added to the calendar are at tracks and places that feel the same and don't interest me.

Believe it or not, but it is also the anticipation of races that excites me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 185 86 87 88 89101 Next