TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is exactly why Lewis will never be rated as highly as the likes of Senna, Prost or Schumacher.

He has a car that is the best by a large margin. A teammate that can’t even match him on his best day. Already a big lead. Yet still throws a tantrum when he messes up.

Just stfu, minimize the damage and get max score again next weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:12 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

micha wrote:
This is exactly why Lewis will never be rated as highly as the likes of Senna, Prost or Schumacher.

He has a car that is the best by a large margin. A teammate that can’t even match him on his best day. Already a big lead. Yet still throws a tantrum when he messes up.

As opposed to all the times where Senna, Prost and Schumacher had the best car and actually drove into people deliberately on the circuit?

But yeah sure, complaining is worse than intentionally crashing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the problem is that Hamilton competition or it's either retired or having a tough time as compensation for cheating, while his team mate is not even capable of a third that he's capable of

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

micha wrote:

The only difference is that Senna, Prost and early seasons Schumacher didn't have their team radios broadcast to the world during the race.
Not only that, but team radios that are curated by FOM to help form the opinion you think you're coming to all by yourself
It's no coincidence only Lewis' negative messages get broadcast and his messages where he jokes with Bono, congratulates the team on a good pit stop or shows concern for another driver etc arem#t broadcast while other drivers positive ones get broadcast and the ones where they're furious about some injustice aren't
Danny Ric isn't ALWAYS the happy go lucky chap, even today he probably swore about ocon after the incident happened because Ocon made it needlessly stupid to get by him.
But only the part where he seemed to be level headed about it was broadcast as that fits with the already established image as the madlad.

Grosjean and Max are the angry sweary ones, every race they get some team radio played with them furious at someone else, even if it's just losing a lap in Free practice
Any time they show anything positive, laugh or jokes etc, no dice. It doesn't fit.

I learnt this in the early days of Twitter when there was a cool twitter account who typed up EVERY team radio message they could get their hands on, not just the ones selected by FOM. It was glaringly obvious what FOM were doing as a result, but sadly it got shut down by Bernie, as anyone who was trying to bring extra F1 content to the fans did back then (not that F1 was offering an alternative either)
Now you can torrent full race onboards from each driver with the radios included, which is an illuminating thing to do.
It's not gonna make a hater suddenly turn around and like Lewis, lol, but it does show you how FOM manipulate things to create an image of a driver.
And since 90% of all F1 viewers are casuals who tune in for the parade lap and are done by the Victory lap, it WORKS dammit :whistling: :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

James B wrote:
micha wrote:

As opposed to all the times where Senna, Prost and Schumacher had the best car and actually drove into people deliberately on the circuit?

Imagine how furious Senna would've been on the radio AT ALL TIMES

Even Prost would become even more of the whiny Frenchmen if we could hear him bitching about backmarkers etc

Man, we missed out on that era of not hearing the drivers complaining, didn't we lol

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:14 pm 

Well, this is why I think we hear too much radio these days. But then I watch old races and a lot of the time I think "we could do with proper graphics and some team radio to fill the air time"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
James B wrote:
micha wrote:

Imagine how furious Senna would've been on the radio AT ALL TIMES

Even Prost would become even more of the whiny Frenchmen if we could hear him bitching about backmarkers etc

Man, we missed out on that era of not hearing the drivers complaining, didn't we lol

I imagine Jean Alesi would have been bitching on the radio 24/7, at least in his Ferrari days. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
for me radio should be like push to pass, they can only use a given number of times during a race. this is no oval racing where you need a spotter at all times, go race for yourself and stop whining

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
The other thing that made me laugh was Bottas giving an 'F You' to his critics. I feel like he should have saved that for a race that he won on outright speed. I doubt he would have beaten Lewis without the penalties. Still, it was good to see him actually be aggressive and try to take the lead at the start.

Totally agree. You see that radio without watching the race and it looks like it was the race of his life and not a race that just fell onto his lap by a silly mistake by Lewis. At least the guy has some self esteem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

About Hamilton and the radio, I think it's totally normal for someone who is totally comitted to win every race. Don't see much different of his complaints we see very often to someone like Michael Jordan who was obsessed with excelence. Guy wants to win every race, expects to win every race and will get pissed when lets a race slip away by an avoidable mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It’s not just the radio message. Also playing the victim card after the race. Boohoo they are out to get me waaah waah.

No Lewis. You and the team messes up. Again. Take it on the chin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

EAS wrote:
About Hamilton and the radio, I think it's totally normal for someone who is totally comitted to win every race. Don't see much different of his complaints we see very often to someone like Michael Jordan who was obsessed with excelence. Guy wants to win every race, expects to win every race and will get pissed when lets a race slip away by an avoidable mistake.

Exactly this, it's that entire mindset that makes him so good behind the wheel in the first place

I'm sure 90% of the grid would be cock-a-hoop with 3rd place, but to Lewis that's a bad result and that shows he has a rare drive indeed.

Nothing but perfection is good enough for him and indeed the best drivers in the sport....Schumacher, Senna, Clark, Lauda, they were all the same too.

Now that I think about it, hearing Lauda's radio during the races would've been pretty funny too :lol:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The whole "They are out to get me" blame every body thing has been Hamilton pretty much his entire career. The recent BLM issues are probably amplifying things for him where simple things like he and his team ballsing things up makes him feel even more slighted.

But agreed with the selected team radio thing. But it is what it is. I'm pretty sure though that if there was an outburst by say Ricciardo then it would get played as it would be very out of character. So while yes I agree team radio is very selective I do believe though they are consistent with the character of the driver.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

sounds like you're not an alfa male

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you think Hamilton or any F1 driver is whiny, try listening to Kyle Busch...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/2161 ... ish-media/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:04 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Yeah I knew Hubert was dead by how Salo communicated in broadcast with phone call... apparently with someone from race directors. He then left the Booth but sounded like he handed a note to Juusela, which made Finnish commentator end The broadcast nearly immediately, announcing that race will not continue. There was still half an hour of scheduled time left. Announcement came later.

So yeah, Salo is most definitely giving inside information to our broadcast, it's been going on for years already. I don't think there's anything wrong about that and it shouldn't affect stewarding or penalties they give or doesn't.

Letting the broadcast know about fatality is a bit questionable, but he probably did so to avoid scandal that Finnish broadcast had during Senna's death. We had commercials and replays and speculation while cpr was performed. Sensationalism at it's worst.

The most contoversial thing Salo does is he sometimes critisize other stewards rather heavily for giving easy penalties for minor incidents. Can't remember the exact ra6ve, but I think it happened once when an Italian ex F1 driver (Nannini I think) handed out penalty on Vettel when fighting against Hamilton and penalty effectively ended the race. 2017 or 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:

So yeah, Salo is most definitely giving inside information to our broadcast, it's been going on for years already. I don't think there's anything wrong about that and it shouldn't affect stewarding or penalties they give or doesn't.

It does put the "impartial" thing under question. Is the communication only one way? Has any Finnish receiver of said messages contacted him back questioning the penalty?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Gaara wrote:
If you think Hamilton or any F1 driver is whiny, try listening to Kyle Busch...

Haha true

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:54 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

micha wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:

It does put the "impartial" thing under question. Is the communication only one way? Has any Finnish receiver of said messages contacted him back questioning the penalty?

It's one way conversation, mainly sounds like he gives his opinion. If questioned about the call he quotes what the rules says and how he sees situation. I don't think he breaks the rules or integrity.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next