TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:02 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Stroll even outqualified by the stand in Hulk.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Confirmation if anyone still needed it that Hulk deserves to be in F1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

BOTTAS great job!
HULK amazing, just troll stroll!!
I like stroll but man he got all the resource, but I hope he can do better!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the gap between mercedes and the rest is the proof they're ruining the sport

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:12 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Schumifan wrote:

He looks a lot more like a Ferrari driver than one of the actual Ferrari drivers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:12 pm 

chetishappy wrote:
HULK amazing, just troll F1!!

fixed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
the gap between mercedes and the rest is the proof they're ruining the sport

And that was probably without full juice of their party mode. Must be a cozy feeling for Hamilton to show up every weekend knowing no one else is able to compete with you and you can just cruise to P1/P2 without breaking a sweat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
I can’t be the only one that’s very impressed by russel and Williams and the progress they made

Indeed. Even Latifi has beaten the Alfas today.

Schumifan wrote:

For me this makes the likes of someone like Steiner looking idiots. He had the chance to bring Hulk and preferred to stick with KMag and Grosjean.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm so glad Nico is being given this chance, I just wish Merc weren't there, imagine how fcken epic this championship would be

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wish Mercedes problems were more than Lewis complaints on the radio about the tires or on how tough he race is

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
I wish Mercedes problems were more than Lewis complaints on the radio about the tires or on how tough he race is

And how blessed he is. I just hope the 2022 rules shoves those blessings where the sun don't shine and he has to deal with a shitty behind-the-curve car like everyone else. Now I love F1 and I know these sorts of dominations are par for the course when you have an open rulebook to encourage innovation and all that but this has been a very hard period of the sport to follow. And I've been through the Ferrari domination, which was at least broken up by Renault and Alonso those two years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This period of domination is unlike any other, no other team has even come close to matching Mercedes and it's going on far longer than any other period and I can't see it ending anytime soon. I've actually stopped watching the races because it's so predictable who will win

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:11 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The Main difference between this era and all the other eras of dominance (including stuff like Audi in Le Mans and Penske,Ganassi and then Newman Haas in CART (then Penkse again in Indycar) ) is that when people posted stuff about how it was bad for the sport, the prevailing opinion was that they'd earnt their place at the front of the field through hard work, determination and persistence and it was not their fault they were making the racing boring, more the other teams who couldn't challenge them who needed to buck their ideas up.
Now the attitude is Mercedes have waltzed into the dominant position with no effort on their part, they could lap the entire field if they wanted to it's so easy for them and they're not even trying hard. Bottas and Lewis are sub Lance Stroll level drivers who just have to point the car in the right direction in between updating their social media through Eau Rouge (actually, I meant Radillion) and occasionally pressing the radio button to shout back at the pits to make it seem like they're racing hard.

The one thing Mercedes lack in that regard is the whole creation myth that built around Ferrari when they were at the most dominant. The whole "Jean Todt and Micheal Schumacher built the whole team around the best people and brought order to the chaos of 90s Ferrari"
Yet the Honda to Brawn to Mercedes story is just as chaotic and took that team just as long to get success but those who made it happen, getting the best people into the right positions to make for the juggernaut we have now, don't have as much of a mythos as the Todt/Schumacher/Brawn/Byrne etc story

We do know Niki Lauda phoned up Lewis one day and said "this might be good for you...we might have an ok car in a couple of years, come and gamble your future on a team that can't get through a race without chewing through its tyres and falling to the rear of the field, good plan yes?" but that's about it

And I am sure those in the FIA and especially Liberty are praying to whatever god they believe in that the 2022 rules will shake up the grid in the way the 2009 and 2014 rules did and the 2017 rules spectacularly failed to do so.
But since Ferrari are self destructing, we only have the option of Red Bull and potentially the money pit that is Racing Point are going to shake things up.
Obviously Vettel is hoping his move to RP is going to be the "Lewis to Mercedes" moment for his career.

Speaking of which, great result for Hulk today, but the way the team treat him tomorrow will be a dry run for how they'll handle Seb next year.
Will he be given the preferential strategy? Will "somehow" Stroll be ushered through, either in the pits or via direct team orders? Or will the team just take the potential his starting 3rd offers and support the faster driver in the higher position, regardless of who is related to who?

Acid Test for Seb, I think

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Now the attitude is Mercedes have waltzed into the dominant position with no effort on their part, they could lap the entire field if they wanted to it's so easy for them and they're not even trying hard. Bottas and Lewis are sub Lance Stroll level drivers who just have to point the car in the right direction in between updating their social media through Eau Rouge (actually, I meant Radillion) and occasionally pressing the radio button to shout back at the pits to make it seem like they're racing hard.

Seriously, no one here has ever said that but you keep repeating it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The issue unlike previous dominations is that Merc have somehow for all intents and purposes shadow written the rules.

Which is odd, considering it was basically Renault that forced these regs on us in the first place, only for them to completely shit the bed. Thanks Reanult.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:13 am 

codename_47 wrote:
The Main difference between this era and all the other eras of dominance (including stuff like Audi in Le Mans and Penske,Ganassi and then Newman Haas in CART (then Penkse again in Indycar) ) is that when people posted stuff about how it was bad for the sport, the prevailing opinion was that they'd earnt their place at the front of the field through hard work, determination and persistence and it was not their fault they were making the racing boring, more the other teams who couldn't challenge them who needed to buck their ideas up.

Were you not on the internet around the time of Schumacher winning 13 races in a season or Vettel winning 9 in a row?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Juihi wrote:
This period of domination is unlike any other, no other team has even come close to matching Mercedes and it's going on far longer than any other period and I can't see it ending anytime soon. I've actually stopped watching the races because it's so predictable who will win

I think tonight's race will be worth watching as we have 3 different cars capable of third (Red Bull, tRacing Point and Renault).

If Verstappen takes 3rd early though I'm with you, I won't bother watching.

Long gone are the days of me staying up to watch the races, especially when they changed the start time to 1am NZ time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the problem is that mercedes have the power to fix the races to make championship battle more interesting and they choose to dominate and keep the races boring

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lol @ Sky in all their 50s gear... they look like the only guy at a party in fancy dress

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next