TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Norris with a socket, removed to avoid the Twitter bug

I really like Lando, and I suspect so do his mechanics. Some dolt was on Facebook claiming that this picture was 100% staged because - according to Steve Matchett's 1995 book - mechanics just want to do their job and go home without drivers messing with the car :slaphead:

Fortunately, plenty of people pointed out that the teams are purposely low on numbers at the moment and so the mechanics are probably grateful for an extra pair of hands and compliant ears...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Mclaren has a nice looking car, but that t-shirt is appalling, looks like something you wear to work in traffic in the night

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wouldn't doubt this is exactly the function of that chevrons - glowing to make people visible while they are in the pits at a time there is lots of machinery around and natural light is gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

From what I've seen, a crew will bend over backwards and do damn near anything for a driver who's willing to jump in and get dirty alongside them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

one interesting fact about this race is that in 2008 or so we would have been calling this a good Hungarian GP, despite the domination and so we had some good moves on the track. I guess the main issue was that they raised too much our expectations with the promise of rainfall, but Rainkiller 3000 (trademark by Max Mosley) did its job of killing the fun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Gaara wrote:

I really like Lando, and I suspect so do his mechanics. Some dolt was on Facebook claiming that this picture was 100% staged because - according to Steve Matchett's 1995 book - mechanics just want to do their job and go home without drivers messing with the car :slaphead:

i think they're fine with it as long as he's just helping disassemble and not trying to "improve" anything, lol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
one interesting fact about this race is that in 2008 or so we would have been calling this a good Hungarian GP, despite the domination and so we had some good moves on the track. I guess the main issue was that they raised too much our expectations with the promise of rainfall, but Rainkiller 3000 (trademark by Max Mosley) did its job of killing the fun

Yeah, it was better than any dry late 90s/2000s Hungarian GP but we expected 2006/2011 craziness and it just didn't come

Has anyone gone back and worked out the dates on the original calendar we lost to COVID and if it rained at the track at that point?

Willing to bet we'd have had about 5 wet races this year, just because life sucks :lol:

gkmotorsport wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Fortunately, plenty of people pointed out that the teams are purposely low on numbers at the moment and so the mechanics are probably grateful for an extra pair of hands and compliant ears...

It crossed my mind, because if he didn't want it to get out, why is there a picture of it?

But it was probably more likely the social media guy desperate for some content after a bit of a downer race so they snapped a pic while Nando was working...More improvised than some sinister plan

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:05 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Lando's made it very clear in the past how much he values the team. I don't think he's the sort of guy who'd do a publicity shot like that - as much as anything, it'd soon get out among the community that that's what he's like

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

about a driver tweaking his car at the garage I remember one of the stories told by Roberto Moreno back when he went to race on the F-Ford festival and had to make his car faster despite being on disadvantage. He sawed off the roll hoop to make it lower right when Ron Tauranac entered the garage and said "stop right there! this is a safety device, if you saw off you might die in a crash". He stopped sawing and went back on as soon Ron left

he also tweaked the suspension setup and loaned the wheels from a Ford of a mechanic to reduce width. managed also to find a pic from that time, although it might not be from Festival
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
Lando's made it very clear in the past how much he values the team. I don't think he's the sort of guy who'd do a publicity shot like that - as much as anything, it'd soon get out among the community that that's what he's like

Another pic surfaced of him helping the team to pack away after the Singapore GP last year. Seems he is just a selfless person who values what the other people in the team do. I think McLaren (as a team) really need someone like this after the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:08 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Fabs wrote:
Showery weather all weekend long. So unlike last weekend where a massive front moved through, this will be a lot more hit and miss.

Mostly miss then :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19