TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
Podium robots performed better than Ferrari today

How long until a driver decides to ride on these robots?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
Any more performances like that and Daddy will have to fire Perez and hire someone worse to prevent his boy being shown up

I would suggest Latifi but I guess 2 rich kids in the same place can't work out

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

James B wrote:
"Red Bull are looking closer to Mercedes than in recent years" - wtf is Crofty smoking? Mercedes could clean up this year

They're just clutching at straws to create a false sense of entertainment and uncertainty, so that their viewers will happily keep paying £40 a month to watch Mercedes lap everybody else.

Change my mind: FIA ruling Ferrari's engine as illegal has been the worst decision since the start of the V6T era. They should have just swept it under the rug, as most likely Mercedes is pulling similar borderline tricks anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:04 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Schumifan wrote:
Podium robots performed better than Ferrari today

Send Sir Killalot to hand out the trophies or nothing.... :innocent:

Still, 4/10 race.

1 point for Perez around the outside of T6

1 Point for Max outside surprise re-pass of bottas

2 points for the final lap drama-rama

Still needed some action from lap 10-60 but we'll take what we get.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I blame Ferrari for being responsible to bring SC too early and thus disallowing a potential for further cautions

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
and yet Hamilton says it was a very difficult race

I'm surprised he didn't include anything about missing the "best fans" at the circuit. I set my alarm but fell back asleep after lap 1. Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot, another Mercedes 1-2 snoozefest.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Top 3 was dull, even though Bottas needed the whole race to get past Verstappen, who fought really hard to concede the position. But there was always some battle happening inside the top-10. Nothing remarkable anyway.

The crashes between the Ferraris and the last-lap mayhem are what we can take from this race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:09 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Presumably protesting the Pink Mercedes' Pink Mercedesness

EDIT: Uhuh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stewards have deemed it admissible. Parts of the Racing Point and Mercedes cars will be sealed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:39 pm 

Gaara wrote:
Stewards have deemed it admissible. Parts of the Racing Point and Mercedes cars will be sealed.

To clarify, this is the 2019 Mercedes - specifically the brake ducts

I still think it won't go anywhere, mainly because it would potentially implicate Mercedes - unless the FIA are keen to level the playing field...

Worth remembering that it was Racing Point who successfully protested against Renault's brakes last year

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

James B wrote:
Gaara wrote:

To clarify, this is the 2019 Mercedes - specifically the brake ducts

I still think it won't go anywhere, mainly because it would potentially implicate Mercedes - unless the FIA are keen to level the playing field...

Worth remembering that it was Racing Point who successfully protested against Renault's brakes last year

Probably be a fine and Racing Point told to make their own.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That IS a 2019 Mercedes, no doubt. It has the same problems with tyres sometimes,and same speed and advantages.
And it should be illegal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Albon already 15 seconds behind Verstappen...

Albon, Sainz, Kvyat are not as bad a driver as that car makes them look
When you have all these drivers doing the same thing in your 2nd car, maybe the problem isn't the drivers, its on you.

This is something I can't work out. In the past, Red Bull have been able to produce two decent cars. Webber picked up a lot of wins in the Vettel era. Ricciardo did very well against Vettel and Max. It's only the last couple of seasons that one of their drivers has been massively off the pace. Either the team is so focused on Max and the second car isn't as competitive, or Max is just incredibly fast.

I have to admit that I didn't like Max when he first came into F1. More recently, I think he genuinely has developed into one of the fastest drivers on the grid, and Albon or Gasly wouldn't be able to keep up whether they had the same car or not. (I could be wrong; the second car may just suck).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 am 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Albon already 15 seconds behind Verstappen...

When you have all these drivers doing the same thing in your 2nd car, maybe the problem isn't the drivers, its on you.

This is something I can't work out. In the past, Red Bull have been able to produce two decent cars. Webber picked up a lot of wins in the Vettel era. Ricciardo did very well against Vettel and Max. It's only the last couple of seasons that one of their drivers has been massively off the pace. Either the team is so focused on Max and the second car isn't as competitive, or Max is just incredibly fast.

I have to admit that I didn't like Max when he first came into F1. More recently, I think he genuinely has developed into one of the fastest drivers on the grid, and Albon or Gasly wouldn't be able to keep up whether they had the same car or not. (I could be wrong; the second car may just suck).

I was listening to the Beyond the Grid episode with Heikki Kovalainen this week and he basically dismissed any idea that there was favouritism towards Lewis in McLaren in 2008-09. I get the impression this might be a fairly frequent occurrence - if you've got a super-fast driver like Lewis and Max, they're just plain faster, and then that erodes the confidence of the second driver so it ends up just spiralling. You see it with Bottas too, who is by all accounts a very quick driver but just lacks the confidence and consistency to reach a high level in every race like Lewis. I don't think he or Albon are receiving substantially worse treatment in the garage - I think it's more that Lewis and Max are just incredibly talented. For what it's worth, I was a bit disappointed with Albon's pace but at the same time, it's easy to forget that Gasly was all over the place in most of his races for Red Bull last year - 4th is a solid result by comparison

It's funny but through learning all of this and with Lewis' successes in his career continuing to mount up, my opinion of Rosberg has gone much higher. It just underlines what an incredible job he did in being so consistent while driving in the same team as one of the best drivers ever. He must have had incredible resilience to keep coming back race after race and somehow still be somewhere close to or even above Lewis' level. It just shows how massively underrated he is

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a can of worms the FIA have opened with letting that Stroll move stand. Yes, the second last lap but he clearly took the other driver off the track (by going off the track himself) and disadvantaged him dropping him behind another car, not just Stroll. How on Earth have they justified that and let that one go?

Did the Renault protest come before or after that non judgement? And yes, the protest clearly was in spite after Japan last year. After all Renault's system last year was deemed perfectly legal under one regulation and illegal under another at the same time, even though they had been running it for close to two years.

But this protest is dead on arrival. If it is a copy then Racing Point will have to either be excluded from constructor points ala McLaren 2007 (drivers can still keep theirs) or told to build a new car. None of those is going to happen. Shit, they sealed up the agreement and investigation with a clearly illegal Ferrari.

Also as stated above if it is a copy that would implicate Mercedes and hahahha you think they are going to be draconian on them?

Will racing point pull out the Ferrari Malaysian GP 1999 card and take measurements from a different reference point and say see.....its different!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DinoMarko93 wrote:
That IS a 2019 Mercedes, no doubt. It has the same problems with tyres sometimes,and same speed and advantages.
And it should be illegal.

Well, the claimed they just studied pictures of the Mercedes very closely and made the designs from that. Any idiot knows thats utter bullshit as pictures wont show the fine details needed to make the design work.

And if it was that easy, RBR and Ferrari already copied it by now.

The interesting part is, will only Racing Point be found in breach of the rules or also Mercedes for providing the designs?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1/10 race, that 1 is because it was a a unique grand prix name

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:14 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Let's just hope for a second covid wave so that this season can be cancelled already.

Thank god I didn't stay home to watch this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

James B wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I was listening to the Beyond the Grid episode with Heikki Kovalainen this week and he basically dismissed any idea that there was favouritism towards Lewis in McLaren in 2008-09. I get the impression this might be a fairly frequent occurrence - if you've got a super-fast driver like Lewis and Max, they're just plain faster, and then that erodes the confidence of the second driver so it ends up just spiralling. You see it with Bottas too, who is by all accounts a very quick driver but just lacks the confidence and consistency to reach a high level in every race like Lewis. I don't think he or Albon are receiving substantially worse treatment in the garage - I think it's more that Lewis and Max are just incredibly talented. For what it's worth, I was a bit disappointed with Albon's pace but at the same time, it's easy to forget that Gasly was all over the place in most of his races for Red Bull last year - 4th is a solid result by comparison

It's funny but through learning all of this and with Lewis' successes in his career continuing to mount up, my opinion of Rosberg has gone much higher. It just underlines what an incredible job he did in being so consistent while driving in the same team as one of the best drivers ever. He must have had incredible resilience to keep coming back race after race and somehow still be somewhere close to or even above Lewis' level. It just shows how massively underrated he is

Another reason as to why Ferrari is screwed. Their #1 driver is completely demotivated and just wants the season to be over with so he can get a fresh start and Leclerc has to carry the workload.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

But hey, their ineptness gonna provide entertainment for us.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 327 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 17 Next