TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official statement....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not envious of how Codemasters are going to replicate this season in the official game, lol. Maybe have a "what should have been" and a "what was" championships?!

Maybe they should just eSports the races and televise them

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The good news is that we now have at least a month to figure out who is responsible for letting it get to this point.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What a fucking mess. They couldn't have handled this any worse. What a pain in the ass for all the fans who arrived from all over and queued up at the gates this morning. The writing was on the wall since last week, they didn't have to wait until the morning of the event to cancel it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
Finally, they've officially cancelled it. Common sense prevails

Several weeks too late

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:20 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ferrari have done a good job covering for the shit/illegal car they probably would've dropped to 4th place in the championship with

Grazie Raggazi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

IT BETTER NOT FUCKING RAIN ON SUNDAY NOW :8:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So... Minardi wins a Grand Prix with their 2-seater?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
IT BETTER NOT FUCKING RAIN ON SUNDAY NOW :8:

It won't.

By the way, the 1000's of people queued up outside the gates have probably already transmitted it to each other.

You have to wonder what cancelling the event at this point is going to do, since any potential health damage has probably already been done by flying everyone here and pulling a massive crowd. All they're accomplishing now is costing all parties in F1 and the event organisers a massive amount of money, which some impacted parties may not come back from.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Usual F1 dumbfuckery, go figure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can I point out that just like Ferrari's illegal engine it was a team that prompted them to do something.

F1, own goals and face palms go hand in hand. Just like Indy 05 this is an embarrassment. Wait....whoa....who was the guy that was the main sticking point in that cluster fuck? Oh yeah Jean Todt. And who is the limp dick supposedly in charge of this sport? Oh yeah Jean Todt. Coincidence????

Maybe he was too busy intervening in secret deals with Ferrari to notice that this should have been called off before the cars left for Australia.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
Corona virus is a myth, created by Jean Todt to distract us from Ferrari's cheating scandal

Interesting Tactics From Ferrari....

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds Mercedes was about to withdraw before the decision to cancel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"The lowest low on a shambolic day for Formula 1"
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/03/ ... formula-1/

Quote:
Formula 1 has had plenty of low moments in its 70-year history but the inaction, confusion and sheer lack of authority across 24 hours in Australia was its lowest.

This was not a situation caused by an unexpected accident or a weather event but instead a virus that has been spreading rapidly in recent weeks, causing travel delays and widespread concern.

Formula 1, along with governing body the FIA, pressed ahead regardless – with little in the way of communication – as those teams based in the worst affected areas (Italy) managed to get out of the country and into Australia.

As early as Thursday there was an air of caution in the paddock as everyone questioned whether the event should be going ahead, given the nature in which some countries were shutting down, while other major sporting events pulled the plug.

That concern had been heightened by the fact that a handful of Formula 1 team personnel self-isolated in case they had the virus, having reported feeling unwell.

Just after 10pm on Thursday evening McLaren Racing issued a statement in which it confirmed that one team member had tested positive for the virus. As a result it withdrew its participation from the remainder of the weekend and immediately threw the event itself into doubt.

From Formula 1 and the FIA there was total silence, as rumours that a statement was imminent failed to materialise, meaning many journalists stayed awake through Thursday night as the situation evolved, chasing contacts and information.

As Friday the 13th trickled through the early hours senior figures gathered in Formula 1 to discuss the matter and a vote was split 5-5 on whether to proceed with the race. Mercedes, Red Bull Racing, Racing Point, AlphaTauri and Williams voted yes, while Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Haas, Renault and the already-withdrawn McLaren said no. As that situation developed five became two, with Daimler instructing Mercedes to pull out, meaning its customers also went.

Even before that development the fact that only 10 cars were going to race meant that there would not be a race, given that the Concorde Agreement states that 12 cars must be entered for a grand prix.

But until the relevant documents were submitted to the FIA – who initially refused to say a word on any matter before relenting – they could not yet cancel the grand prix for the commercial agreements meant they would be liable.

Meanwhile the Australian Grand Prix Corporation pressed on with its own plans and in a matter of moments the situation changed, suggesting that the event would go ahead with the support categories but without any spectators. But by the time this decree had been issued fans had already gathered at the gates, which were due to be opened at 08:45, as they waited to be allowed in. The gates remained closed, information communicated was sketchy at best, before the call was issued by the government not to let any fans in. By which time a large group of people had congregated in a confined space, having used public transport, as well as all manner of other outlets such as hotels, cafes, restaurants etc. Likewise for all Formula 1 personnel, who early on Friday were informed to proceed with the event as usual.

Guidelines were never issued. Advice was thin on the ground. There was no procedure in place. The safety and health of everyone involved was pushed as priority but there was no care for that. They can try to pull the wool over our eyes but we are not sheep. Everyone failed in their duty.

Finally, at 10am local time, a statement was issued by Formula 1 and the FIA, in which the race’s cancellation was finally confirmed. But that should have come at least seven hours prior. And even then the Australian Grand Prix Corporation issued a separate statement revealing that it was Formula 1 that triggered the cancellation. No one individual was quoted in either press release. Cash is king…

What the hell happens next is anyone’s guess.

:tumble:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

With Supercars cancelling, safe to say the other supports will as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am going to bed, but there will apparently be a press conference with representatives from Liberty (Carey), the FIA (Masi), Victoria Health (Dr. Westacott) and the race organisers (Paul Little).

Popcorn is recommended.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
"EVENT IS OFF EVENT IS OFF"

*Secretly holds the race while no-one is looking to fulfil contractual obligations*

bUt wE dIdNt EnDaNgEr aNy LiVeS!!!! :8: :8: :8:

maybe they will sort the race awarded points by a round of bingo in their plane to Bahrain. First one to reach BINGO wins 25 points

VirtuaIceMan wrote:
I'm not envious of how Codemasters are going to replicate this season in the official game, lol. Maybe have a "what should have been" and a "what was" championships?!

you see an issue, they see opportunity. The game will be released without Melbourne and Shanghai, that'll be released later as DLC (DLC: The Coronafest)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
As much as I dislike both of them, credit needs to go to Kimi and Seb, for putting their young families before their ego's. Essentially telling the sport to go fuck itself and that they're not bigger than any one human.

I missed this, what did they do?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Vassago wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Pretty sure most courts would boot the promoters in the arse if they sued F1 over cancelling. Judges can tell that public health > money.

What about the 30 million fee? The cars have passed the Thursday homologation. Therefore the money can't be returned per contract even if there is no race.

It depends on how the race was cancelled. It is quite clearly force majeure here.

If the promoter cancelled it, they have to pay up.

If FIA/F1 cancelled it, then the fee is waived.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:06 am 

Losers!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next