TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1110 111 112 113 114123 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i still think there's a 50/50 chance lewis was paid to take the week off so merc could see russell in the car, lol

srsly tho, hope you feel better soon lewis!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Russell and Bottas 2021 Mercedes line up. This would save Mercedes millions and they still would lock out the top 2 spots. Hamilton doesn't have a contract yet for next year so it's not impossible imo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

No no, people want to see someone new winning. Russell beats Bottas in 2021 for the title, people will love it because it feels like the domination from the past years has ended, finally a new world champion. Then Hamilton makes a comeback next to Russell in 2022, the 2 recent champions in equal machines, in a new technical era of F1, which will generate much more income than Hamilton just continuing his title streak next year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Grosjean won’t start next weekend either. F1 career over but merc offered him a goodbye test.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He would probably still complain over the radio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:14 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

cookie wrote:
No no, people want to see someone new winning. Russell beats Bottas in 2021 for the title, people will love it because it feels like the domination from the past years has ended, finally a new world champion. Then Hamilton makes a comeback next to Russell in 2022, the 2 recent champions in equal machines, in a new technical era of F1, which will generate much more income than Hamilton just continuing his title streak next year.

I dunno, there are a lot of people out there who tune in just to see Lewis win, in the same way a lot of people tuned in just to see Michael win

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:28 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
The replay thing is interesting because who can forget the endless replays of that Vegas crash when it was unclear as to the condition of all involved
No, what's worse was the endless stream of replays RIGHT after it became painfully clear the condition of the most severely involved.

Paul Page had some unkind words about it on his DwR episode.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:13 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

thestig88 wrote:
Mick Schumacher to use "47" as his car number

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/02/mic ... number-47/

Oh ok NVM forgot anything I've already said. GO MICK WHOOOOO! :whistling: :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sergio Perez is only the second driver from Mexico to win in F1, after Pedro Rodriguez last won in 1970. :8:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:00 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

James B wrote:
cookie wrote:

I dunno, there are a lot of people out there who tune in just to see Lewis win, in the same way a lot of people tuned in just to see Michael win

By "a lot of people" you mean "the British only"? :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
cookie wrote:

Never understood this. I am from Morocco, so we don't have a lot of dominating athletes, but there was distance runner Hicham El Guerrouj who smashed the 1500m/ mile/ 5000m for many years in the late 1990s-early 2ks.
I liked to see him win, but it was no fun having him just ditch everyone including the pacemaker by mid-race, and just bolt it to the win, the only suspense left being whether he would break yet another world record.

Some people just aren't like that. It's all about winning to them. They could enjoy a games night even if they're completely crushing everyone and there is no point in playing, no battle or any suspense. I just don't get it, but I guess such people exist. I much prefer a close battle where my team (or even myself) loses, rather than a landslide victory. A close victory being the absolute best on this scale.

And you also have the blind chauvinist like my boss, who doesn't watch F1 anymore.
F1 sucks apprently because "no French driver can battle for the title like the good-old times back when Prost was racing". I was told this literally the very next day of the Austrian race where Max and Charles battled for the win in the final stint, but somehow F1 isn't worth it because your favourites/nationals are not winning. Blows my mind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Everyones loves a cinderella story and a underdog beating the usual suspects. Its about entertainment. Not really related to that but as a Schumacher fan Imola 2005 was great even if Alonso won.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
And you also have the blind chauvinist like my boss, who doesn't watch F1 anymore.
F1 sucks apprently because "no French driver can battle for the title like the good-old times back when Prost was racing". I was told this literally the very next day of the Austrian race where Max and Charles battled for the win in the final stint, but somehow F1 isn't worth it because your favourites/nationals are not winning. Blows my mind.

When you are a Brazilian F1 fan, the sentence you hear the most after people know it about you is "For me F1 was over when Senna died".

So, yes. There are the ones who come to watch it because their countrymen are winning, and there are the ones who who come to watch it because their favorite driver is winning, and there are us, who will watch it regardless of who's winning, even if it is the same guy collecting trophies every weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:

and here we have the shitheads that suddenly are the authority on F1 when Max suddenly managed to win races. :whistling:

Yeah, my preference goes to Max as well. I'll judge incidents with a bias as well. But I wont turn the tv off when he retires. I wont stop watching the day he retires.

I'm beyond the moon to have a Dutchman doing so well and winning races and maybe even titles (although I still feel he's gonna end up like Alonso minus the titles) but at the same time deeply ashamed of the people he brings to the tracks. Those fucktards that think its a good idea to pop orange smoke at the start :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just like to see competition and good races. My dad loves watching Lewis win, because he's British, but I find it incredibly dull to see any driver dominate. I appreciate his talent and was happy to see him doing well in his early F1 years, but now I just find it a bit boring.

I was cheering for George and Sergio yesterday, but it has nothing to do with nationality. Just two drivers that would have been worthy winners and made a great story.

I often go through the same phases with dominant drivers. They come into the sport and you find them exciting, and are so pleased to see them get their first wins and a championship. Then they begin to dominate and you just want to see someone else win. But towards the end of their career when they are no longer at the top, you find yourself cheering for them again when they do have a good result (e.g Schumacher at Mercedes, Vettel at Ferrari). We will probably be bored with Charles, George, or Max, if one of them takes over from Hamilton at the top for too long

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

According to motorsport.com, if Hamilton is not giving negative test today, he's going to miss the deadline when F1 staff must enter the Abu Dhabi bioshpere. Which is today. There's a small chance if he gives negative test later on, he might be able to enter with UAE government special permission.

But since the word is that Lewis has heavier symptoms than Lance or Sergio, and he's been away from the social media for a week, chances are he's not fit to pass the corona test yet alone to drive F1 car.

So Russell should get another chance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I did a quick research. Of the 190 races that Perez started, he finished in the points on 117 occasions. That is a lot, considering he was never in a top team. That guy is reliable!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:29 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Omega wrote:
I did a quick research. Of the 190 races that Perez started, he finished in the points on 117 occasions. That is a lot, considering he was never in a top team. That guy is reliable!

And if you take away technical issues and other drivers mistakes, I'd say with luck of Lewis, he could easily have finished more than 150 races on points, well over 75% of them all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
back when tires had a cliff and suddenly lost performance, Perez was one of those who took more care of the tires and kept it steady

his big mistake was moving to McLaren during its downfall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

And even more impressive considering how monopolized F1 has been in this hybrid era.

LucasWheldon wrote:
his big mistake was moving to McLaren during its downfall

Yeah! But sadly he didin't help himself during this bad spell. I recall he had a terrible attitude in 2013 that did more harm to him than his performances at the time.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1110 111 112 113 114123 Next