TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97123 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would have much less problems with the Mercedes dominance it they just werent such shitheads about it.

Almost every weekend you could hear Wolff say it will be a tough weekend for them blablablabla. And they win it easily again.

Everytime Hamilton cries about his car or tires he sets the fastest lap. Its a running joke everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:09 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

No different to Ferrari in 2002

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
I don't get why they basically let the engine manufactures reach parity in the V8 era but haven't implemented it in this current era.....remember when Merc was allowed to develop up to the level of Renault and Ferrari engines?

The one that was allowed to do catch up was actually Renault. Development isn't totally free now but there is no total engine freeze either, which was the case in V8 era.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I can see Red Bull pulling the plug and starting their own open wheel top tier racing series. Something Ferrari threatened for so many years to have power of bargain, but now is just to show how wrecked F1 is at the moment

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It was mentioned before, but now confirmed; gravel to return to most of the runoff areas at Spa! Also some new grandstands being built. Hopefully this will bring more excitement to the track again!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/spa- ... BorsPjnJIA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's interesting. I thought that Monza's Parabolica had tarmac run offs for bike racing, yet Spa needs gravel traps for the bikes? (I'm not complaining; it just surprised me!).

Generally I prefer gravel because it encourages drivers to stay on track and there's no arguments on track limits. My personal thoughts on the corners that they've chosen:

La Source - The tarmac run off here didn't bother me too much. It gave drivers a chance to run wide on the first lap to avoid collisions, and there wasn't really any time to be gained there. Gravel might make the track feel narrower again, but that's not a bad thing.

Raidillon - This is an interesting one. I assume that Eau Rouge will remain tarmac? I'm guessing this is to try and catch the cars and prevent them flying back into traffic like Hubert did. Changing the tyre barrier to a Tecpro barrier might be helpful as well. Not a bad change.

Blanchimont - Mixed views on this one. There's been some bad accidents since it was tarmac, but Burti's awful accident wasn't really helped by gravel. Any accident here is going to be big regardless of the run off.

Les Combes - Yes! I hate how easy it is to cut the chicane and lose no time. I hope the new run off here will make it more difficult to do that and force drivers to either make the corner or use the longer escape road.

Stavelot - Half of the corner is already gravel. I assume the gravel will continue around the exit? There won't be any margain for error on a high speed corner, but the run off is pretty big so I like that.

The other place I really want to see gravel again is Rivage. I still remember Hamilton almost throwing away the race in 2010 by running wide there and kissing the barrier. Now, a mistake means a driver just runs wide and loses a second or two maximum. The other corner not mentioned is Pouhon. It would look great if it was gravel, but I can see a safety argument for tarmac (although cars have still made good contact with the barrier there in recent years).

TL;DR - Yay, gravel. Yay, no track limits. Start doing this at more circuits. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There wasn't gravel there when Burti crashed, it was just grass.

Edit: Actually there was, just not much of it as he caught the end where the gravel was giving way to the grass. That's why I don't remember the gravel there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Agreed! Pouhon will also feature gravel, but also the same special paint they use at Paul Ricard. I guess it will be a combination of both. Some more info on the exact changes they will be making can be seen in this video, albeit in French:

As for Raidillon, it looks like they won't be using gravel there after all but instead will push the barriers further backwards and use the Paul Ricard high-grip paint instead of tarmac-only runoff they have now

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Wonder where they get the money from?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
Wonder where they get the money from?

It is in the story.
Quote:
The 80 million euro project is financed by 21 million euro of the circuit’s own funds, a 29.5 million bank loan and a 29.5 million investment by Sogepa, the Walloon government’s investment company which also helps fund the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:23 pm 

My question remains: wonder where they get the money? Our government is pretty much bankrupt, I doubt there's space in our budget to fund 29.5 million.

So yeah I don't think this will happen just yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the money source is simple, taxpayers who pay taxes to have health, education, security and so but they are using your hard earned monry on a racetrack

pretty much like what's happening in Rio, despite they say the opposite, the track will be entirely built with public money

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So this stat makes it seem like its been a mega season........

10 of the 20 current F1 drivers have stepped on the podium this year.

Yeah, sometimes stats flatter the reality. It's been a good battle behind Merc and Red Bull but not half of the grid stepping on the podium kind of good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

there's always the BoP option using Ferrari as the benchmark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:28 pm 

Merc have already stopped development on this season's car explaining the reduced gap with the field.

So if Wolff leaving doesn't upset the team, Lewis will end up with 10 titles and Merc will end up with 10 consecutive championships.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:15 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lewis doesn't even have a contract for next season yet.

I dont expect any drama-rama on that front but it's odd they're leaving it so late. I guess he wants to know what Wolff is doing before he sits down with either him or his replacement and discusses his future.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

I dont expect any drama-rama on that front but it's odd they're leaving it so late. I guess he wants to know what Wolff is doing before he sits down with either him or his replacement and discusses his future.

Wolff claimed earlier they didnt even talk yet because of traveling was hard during 'rona. I mean I'm sure Mercedes has heard of Zoom or Skype or similar programs to hold online talks.

Its not like there is any serious option within F1 for him atm unless he wants that 2nd RBR seat which is about as likely as me taking my ex back. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

I still entertain the idea that Lewis will quit at the end of the season if he wins the championship. Apart from an eighth title, he basically has nothing left to prove in this series.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apart from BoP and success ballast, FIA and Liberty could pay the best teams to keep their factories shut to level the playing field

Is not an on track gimmick and it could give opportunity to those skilled workers to do something valuable to the industry instead of creating boredom on the track

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

I still entertain the idea that Lewis will quit at the end of the season if he wins the championship. Apart from an eighth title, he basically has nothing left to prove in this series.

and he is going vegan and green so F1 doesnt really fit into that either.
He is also selling all his petrol cars.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 193 94 95 96 97123 Next