TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93123 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oof, what's worse about that Formula Master video, the driving or the editing?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Formula Master was the one example where at the time I thought "this clearly shows how there are too many junior categories" and yet a decade on I miss those days of actually having other options to get to F1 instead of going down the "standard" route like they're all basically obligated to today. I think d'Ambrosio won the title one year, right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seems like Kimi will do another year at Alfa Romeo.
https://www.suomif1.com/2020/09/lahde-k ... -kaudella/

Article is quoting Blick, no idea how credible a source that is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Italian and Spanish TV reporting that Gio will stay alongside him. Schumacher will be seated at Haas alongside Perez.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Meaning this will be the last we ever see of Mags and Grosjean in F1 ever.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:09 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:

Look out Indycar.....they're quite good at turning around the careers of underperforming Frenchmen :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 pm 

Gaara wrote:

Coincidentally I've been watching Japan 2013 tonight. Didn't see it live at the time and spent the race willing Grosjean to win this time. He was very good towards the end of that year. Shame it's not worked out for him in the long run

As for Magnussen, I really don't see why he (or Hulkenberg) should have to sit while Raikkonen gets another season to moan and do nothing at the back. And I don't see why Giovinazzi should get another year while Ilott gets left in the lurch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

James B wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Coincidentally I've been watching Japan 2013 tonight. Didn't see it live at the time and spent the race willing Grosjean to win this time. He was very good towards the end of that year. Shame it's not worked out for him in the long run

As for Magnussen, I really don't see why he (or Hulkenberg) should have to sit while Raikkonen gets another season to moan and do nothing at the back. And I don't see why Giovinazzi should get another year while Ilott gets left in the lurch

Grosjean and Magnussen are both very solid midfield drivers who are getting a lot of unwarranted shit thrown their way because they're driving a shitbox and Netflix memes. I still think they've both got unfulfilled potential and it'll be a shame to see either of them leave imo.

Giovinazzi is aggressively uninspiring and Raikkonen cba'd. It's Alfa's line-up that needs changing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Magnussen is decent, albeit dangerous on track sometimes.

Grosjean is just too crashy tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
James B wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Grosjean and Magnussen are both very solid midfield drivers who are getting a lot of unwarranted shit thrown their way because they're driving a shitbox and Netflix memes. I still think they've both got unfulfilled potential and it'll be a shame to see either of them leave imo.

Giovinazzi is aggressively uninspiring and Raikkonen cba'd. It's Alfa's line-up that needs changing.

This. I don't think Grosjean is quite as good as he looked at Renault, but it's hard to judge when the car is so bad. He does have more incidents than Magnussen (I think it's highlighted more, because of the whole 'lol Grosjean crashes' attitude on social media). There may be a few better options for Haas, but I also think that several drivers currently on the grid would not be doing any better than the current line up. It's refreshing to hear someone else say it, because I didn't think anyone else would agree :lol:

Pretty much agree with your Alfa summary, although Kimi could still do a decent job if the car was better. It depends how much his experience brings to the team - is he valuable at helping to develop the car? I can't imagine him putting in the hours behind the scenes, but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:26 pm 

My guesstimation is that Grosjean and Hulkenberg both lost out in the transition to the hybrid era and then the big rear wing cars. Hulkenberg said in his BTG interview that the current cars don't suit his driving style - he certainly looked very good in 2012/13 and never quite recaptured that afterwards. Given that Grosjean has also not really lived up to some of those promising performances in 2012 and 2013

That being said, after rewatching a lot of these races, I do also think that the 2012 and 2013 Lotus cars were a lot better than they appeared. If comeback-era Kimi is not as good as McLaren-era Kimi (and I think that's a fair assumption - he's never been the same post-Michelin), there's a case to be made that with a driver like Alonso or Lewis in the car, Lotus could've won the drivers' championship in 2012 and pushed Vettel a lot closer in 2013

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:39 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
Fabs wrote:

He seems to have a habit or crashing or spinning the car, then asking his team "HEY WHAT HAPPENED" completely trying to absolve himself of guilt.

I lost what little respect for him I had when he crashed on his own in Baku then immediately blamed it on Ericsson, as if the very notion of him losing the car solo without any contact was an unkown to him

The Haas drivers aren't given the best machinery but they're a waste of seats atm Imo
They show nothing special and only turn up on the broadcast when they're swerving into someone or tearing up the car.

I'm sure Haas are desperate for a change just for the sake of it really, they've been stagnating for a few seasons now
Even if that change is seemingly their contractual obligation to their engine manufacturer to their engine manufacturer to be a development team for the chosen one, a decision that was probably made about 5 years ago when the script was written in that particular origin story......
Couple that with a big of a cash injection from Perez and his experience of nearly 10 seasons now, at this stage, it can't really be worse for them can it?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Out of the two KMag is the one who should keep the seat, but Grosjean has definitely stagnated. The fact that he seems to be constantly lost on set up and how to drive the car at times suggests that he isn't the person to take the team forward (at least from the outside, it might be different internally).

And that is where someone like Perez springs to mind. He seems to be the kind of driver that will take a team forward. Grosjean just appears lost.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Schumacher with Alfa and Ilott with Haas in FP1 at the Nurburgring.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've often thought that this season would actually be pretty exciting, if you pretended that the Mercedes and Verstappen didn't exist. I came up with a quick calculation of how the championship might look (excluding fastest lap points). The answer is a six way title fight!

1. Albon 125
2. Ricciardo 113
3. Perez 107
4. Stroll 106
5. LeClerc 102
6. Norris 102
7. Gasly 75
8. Ocon 69
9. Sainz 66
10. Kvyat 47
11. Vettel 43
12. Hulkenberg 12
13. Raikkonen 12
14. Giovinazzi 10
15. Magnussen 10
16. Latifi 4
17. Russell 4
18. Grosjean 3

Race wins:

LeClerc - 3
Albon - 2
Stroll - 2
Perez - 1
Gasly - 1
Ricciardo - 1

Podiums:

Albon - 5
LeClerc - 4
Stroll - 4
Perez - 4
Ricciardo - 4
Norris - 3
Sainz - 3
Gasly - 1
Vettel - 1
Ocon - 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you think how bad this years Ferrari is it''s surprising that Leclerc would have the most wins and Mclaren would have 0.

Plus the fact that Norris would lose two spots in the championship without those three.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vettel not even in the top ten still. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
even in that situation Albon would be on thin ice because his car is capable of many many more

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:20 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Fabs wrote:

He seems to have a habit or crashing or spinning the car, then asking his team "HEY WHAT HAPPENED" completely trying to absolve himself of guilt.

I lost what little respect for him I had when he crashed on his own in Baku then immediately blamed it on Ericsson, as if the very notion of him losing the car solo without any contact was an unkown to him

This is a common misconception - it was actually Grosjean's engineer who said that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:44 pm 

Also shows how good a season Leclerc is having with that crapbox Ferrari.

Vettel meanwhile worth nothing without a decent car, story of his career.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 189 90 91 92 93123 Next