TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113123 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Juihi wrote:
Max is apparently pushing for Hulkenberg for the other Red Bull seat

Best thing he's ever said. Hopefully he (Nico) does get it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When/how did the Hulk become this popular? The first half of his career I barely knew what he looked like, then he just grew on us in his late years for some reason and now we're all pumped to see him back and get a podium.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think he's a fast driver who never ended up at the right team at the right time. And then messed up on the very rare occasions when he had a chance of a podium. He is worthy of a place on the F1 grid, but not ahead of Perez, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Juihi wrote:
Mazepin gets one of the F1 Haas seats :yuk: :slaphead:

Shame for Ilott who's a far better driver but unfortunately money talks. Having said that, Mazepin is still far better than your average pay driver. Has decent speed and race craft, just a bit too raw and inconsistent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From this site, who has internal source at Mercedes, Russel will replace Hamilton.

They also said from that source, on a podcast, that Hamilton will renovate with Mercedes for 3 years, but with the option to stop and retire at the end of each year, just giving a heads up so they can find a replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

And in a whirlwind 24 hours, Mick Schumacher is confirmed in the 2nd Haas seat

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Juihi wrote:
And in a whirlwind 24 hours, Mick Schumacher is confirmed in the 2nd Haas seat
Slowest car on the grid and with two rookies. Can't say I'm optimistic for them for next season

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:43 am 

Great for Russell, but it does once again highlight why teams employ "reserve drivers" when they more often than not never get called upon when needed, and who also never even get to drive the car? Its like 1999 when Ferrari put test / reserve driver Luca Badoer in the Minardi to keep him "race ready", yet overlooked him when Michael broke his leg at Silverstone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:51 am 

They were warming him up for that 2009 effort :flag:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

thestig88 wrote:
Great for Russell, but it does once again highlight why teams employ "reserve drivers" when they more often than not never get called upon when needed, and who also never even get to drive the car? Its like 1999 when Ferrari put test / reserve driver Luca Badoer in the Minardi to keep him "race ready", yet overlooked him when Michael broke his leg at Silverstone.

They need someone for the simulator grunt work.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:27 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Thank God Ricciardo doesn't run F1. I'd rather have a ban on his shoey shtick that has becoming boring.

F1 still witheld the replays when it wasn't clear if Grosjean was out of the car. Ricciardo obviously has no idea how TV works.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ricciardo-meet ... 14330.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Thank God Ricciardo doesn't run F1. I'd rather have a ban on his shoey shtick that has becoming boring.

F1 still witheld the replays when it wasn't clear if Grosjean was out of the car. Ricciardo obviously has no idea how TV works.

You obviously have no idea how injuries and having compassion for fellow humans works. Grosjean's family might have seen him get out of the car but that's no guarantee he's not at risk of concussion or permanent disability, and the drivers also don't know the details of his condition and are just getting bombarded by vision of a car exploding much like the cars they're going to have to climb back into in a few minutes. Projected all over a track where the majority of the audience were drivers, teams and track staff.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of being the designated forum dick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:38 am 

Mick Schumacher to use "47" as his car number

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/02/mic ... number-47/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:08 pm 

Philthy82 wrote:
Vassago wrote:

You obviously have no idea how injuries and having compassion for fellow humans works. Grosjean's family might have seen him get out of the car but that's no guarantee he's not at risk of concussion or permanent disability, and the drivers also don't know the details of his condition and are just getting bombarded by vision of a car exploding much like the cars they're going to have to climb back into in a few minutes. Projected all over a track where the majority of the audience were drivers, teams and track staff.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of being the designated forum dick.

Facts? TV glorifies death since it was created. That's a fact. Sky withheld the replays only as long as it became clear Grosjean has survived. And then it adapted regular TV rules. Hell, on this very forum some people were posting "Why no replay yet?" comments. And you sell me some crap about compassion :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:37 pm 

The replay thing is interesting because who can forget the endless replays of that Vegas crash when it was unclear as to the condition of all involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't remember exactly what was the first incident that was not replayed immediately. They showed Kubica's crash replay right away. Also when Massa had his accident they showed plenty of aftermath and eventually the replay of the spring impact. Might be Perez's big one at Monaco in 2011?
EDIT: Nope, even that had first replays in less than 2 minutes (DarcyF1).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Vassago wrote:

I also like facts, so here is one: motorsport is dangerous and inherently holds a risk of death. When you're taking part in (or watching) motor racing, you have to be mentally prepared to inadvertently see it unfold. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The treatment given to TV spectators was adequate. I'm sorry but we cannot base the images on how the family, which are 0.000001% of viewers, might react, even after the driver was seen surviving and sitting in a car, not even on a stretcher. Some viewers want to see, to understand. The others can look away the time of the replay. Withholding the footage would penalize those who want to see, with no solution for them, how would that be more fair than broadcasting the replays?

Perhaps they should have held on displaying the images to the teams and drivers on the paddock screens, but even then, if you don't think that can happen to you then what the heck are you doing in the business in the first place?

We didn't hear other drivers' opinions on this. There were probably a lot who want to know, to understand. Grosjean watched it and said he needed to. Jochen Mass kept watching the replay of Gilles' death on a small monitor by the track, because he needed to understand and come to terms with how it happened. Drivers (veterans usually) always used to sit and describe those crashes and discuss about them, it's important to their very survival and to cross-check that the cars and tracks are in a safe condition to race.

In the meantime, we're here talking about drivers like they're kids in need to be sheltered. And they might as well be... I haven't seen a single driver move their ass to the accident site and check the repairs with Masi before accepting to race, when clearly the racetrack is what caused that terrible development from what should've been a normal hard hit.

All the above reeks of old-school and I understand that. And it's not against you in particular as a member. I just feel a lot of hypocrisy around on the subject of death in motorsports, and sometimes wonder if motorsport with human drivers still has a place in our morbidly risk-averse modern society. I feel that the actual answer is no, but that everyone's doing their best to look away from the dark side of it, and pretend it is still relevant.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JJ wrote:
I don't remember exactly what was the first incident that was not replayed immediately. They showed Kubica's crash replay right away. Also when Massa had his accident they showed plenty of aftermath and eventually the replay of the spring impact. Might be Perez's big one at Monaco in 2011?
EDIT: Nope, even that had first replays in less than 2 minutes (DarcyF1).

Must have been Bianchi, then.

--------------

I notice Alan Jones is not particularly complimentary about Ricciardo's attitude either.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

regarding Lewis and covid:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stroll did actually get it pretty bad himself.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1109 110 111 112 113123 Next