TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 180 81 82 83 84123 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if I was FIA I would just send Mercedes to fuck off and go to their bland road cars and electric racing cars

go dominate Formula E and leave F1 alone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:33 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

LucasWheldon wrote:
if I was FIA I would just send Mercedes to fuck off and go to their bland road cars and electric racing cars

And bring back cheap Cosworth engines!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:48 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

NVirkkula wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

And bring back cheap Cosworth engines!

Put the engines back in front!

Oh, wrong forum.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:57 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Remember that rumour about Turkey coming back on the calendar that was quickly dismissed because the circuit didn't have the grading? Well, it turns out there may have been something in it after all. Good stuff

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15140 ... 2020-races

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:52 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

cool, hopefully 35° and bring the soft tyres.
Should be fun with T8.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Beezle wrote:
I think that's what he wants us to believe. Or does he know that we would think that's what he wants us to believe and says that because it's actually true? Or does he want us to think it's actually true?

Connecting the few dots about Mercedes and their actions related to maintaining the dominance they have.

- They refused to have reversed grid (car is designed to lead the race, not run in the pack)
- They sold their design to Racing Point (buffer customer team between them and rest)
- They criticized Ferrari for not signing the new Concorde and are now the only team not signing it without getting a pull out after 2022.
- They now are upset about losing special engine maps (which I don't think customer teams have access)

I'm thinking FIA found out about their engine maps when going through Racing Point or Ferrari counter-spied on them after what happened last year. No way other teams have time or resources to spy on Ferrari and then rat them to FIA. It was Mercedes. All this has happened long before media got to know about what's going on.

So my summary is that Mercedes is close to lose their advantage, maybe some this season and more next year with new aero reduce regulations and DAS ban. This of course makes them to react and reject every idea FIA is handing and also why they are not signing the Concorde agreement.

Coming up next: The Red Bull domination era 2 - the Max electric boogaloo 2

engine maps dont give more horsepower, they regulate the hp to help preserve the longevity of the engine components. i doubt the "party mode" rule will magically help ferrari and honda with their lack of hp compared to the merc.

as for "spying" as you called it, everybody on the grid knew ferrari was cheating because of the obvious smoke coming from the exhaust of their car occassionally as well as their speed advantage at the end of the straights. if spying had played a role, the fia would have been able to definitively rule against ferrari rather than settle with them under the table. the only advantage merc is worried about losing in the concord agreement is $$$. it seems they are taking offence that ferrari get bonus $$$$$$$ for "historic value" reasons even though those sneaky italians haven't won shit in over a decade. mercedes would argue they have just as much historical clout and much more relavance to the current championship, and think the money should reflect that by either giving ferrari less or giving merc more

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:03 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

The news that I read and what Finnish technical commentator Ossi Oikarinen said was "one team was spying Ferrari and told FIA what they were doing" Mika Salo was basically just nodding to this next to him, so I guess it's what happened.

But yeah, for sure, in the end it's all about money that both Ferrari and Mercedes want to get more from sports.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just thinking out loud here.......Kimi's Mk2 Ferrari stint was better than Bottas's current effort. Max has driven beautifully this year. But he also retired from the first race. Bottas had that zero score in Silverstone. Max has absolutely no right to be ahead of Bottas in this championship. In 3 competed seasons he has finished second once....in arguably the most car dominated era.

To just ram home how really insipid he has been....he has the same amount of wins as Max in the same period. 8 a piece. Lewis 35. Seb........11.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:19 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

webbsy wrote:
Just thinking out loud here.......Kimi's Mk2 Ferrari stint was better than Bottas's current effort. Max has driven beautifully this year. But he also retired from the first race. Bottas had that zero score in Silverstone. Max has absolutely no right to be ahead of Bottas in this championship. In 3 competed seasons he has finished second once....in arguably the most car dominated era.

To just ram home how really insipid he has been....he has the same amount of wins as Max in the same period. 8 a piece. Lewis 35. Seb........11.

Yeah, well, how many times has Mercedes swapped drivers positions and to favor whom? Max is ahead of Bottas this season due that Silverstone puncture alone.

His qualifying form has improved over the time and he can throw a good challenge to Hamilton, who beat Rosberg with bigger margin. So the pace is there.

But with that said, his race form is not always, or often that close Hamilton. Maybe he's having a bit of Trulli in him or something. Bottas seems to have more aggression on clean track for fast lap, but when he needs to overtake or defend, he's sometimes very soft. And what he has said in many interviews last two years, he knows this and is focusing on to improve.

And he's the only Finn who has lead the F1 driver's championship without winning a title. And he has now done it twice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well, if Mercedes could cooperate a bit a take some reliability off Hamilton to spice the championship and Bottas get more in touch with Rosberg on how to win a championship over the best driver you know maybe things could get more interesting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:13 pm 

Everyone signed the new concord agreement till 2025, boring.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:54 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

FIA has asked all engine manufacturers to deliver all their drawings and 3D documents of their ERS unit as the FIA believes one or more are illeagally passing by the rules of how to harvest energy.

Right after Mercedes signs Concorde.

Bring your popcorn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Would love to see Hamilton actually have to fight for wins or podiums for once. Or better yet, trundling in 10th. :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just want to see Hamilton face enough of a challenge to regularly show how good a racer he is. We've seen on the rare instance someone takes the fight to him how good his racecraft is, and to me it's kind of wasting the time we have watching one of the sport's greats if he's in a car so good that he can just coast to a win.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:02 am 

Philthy82 wrote:
I just want to see Hamilton face enough of a challenge to regularly show how good a racer he is. We've seen on the rare instance someone takes the fight to him how good his racecraft is, and to me it's kind of wasting the time we have watching one of the sport's greats if he's in a car so good that he can just coast to a win.

Agreed and I think he wants more of a challenge aswell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

perhaps they could create new rules of the kind "if a team dominates the past season they cannot take part of Q3 in the following season, thus starting only 10th or worse"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:51 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

yes, let's penalise success

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it's what I'm all about in the past years. Maybe then Mercedes could develop a car that could be easier to attempt overtaking and also make following cars slower once they're behind

that or success ballast (on front spoiler to increase front tire wear)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is all about the incompetence of the FIA, failing to create a set of sporting and technical rules that can lead to competivity.

Mercedes are the goddamn masters of F1 now. They do everything right. You can't blame them for that.

But no team can ever match that during a season. The team that gets it right from the start, will most likely cruise to the title, or at least have the upper hand for the entire season.

Rules must be simpler, cost effective. On track testing time should be increased during the season.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 180 81 82 83 84123 Next