TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Coldtyre wrote:
Charles, here's a hint you young gullible sweetheart: want to keep the lead, cover your goddamn inside line at the start like a fucking race driver.

It was a team decision to run the start exactly the way they did. They made sure before the race Charles would give the tow to Vettel to prevent Lewis from getting it (better Leclerc tows Vettel into a 1-2 than end up 2nd to Lewis)

Vettel agreed to this and got the benefit of this strategy, but didn't want to give back the favour afterwards, since we know he has a problem being a team player since the Multi 21 days

I think Ferrari need to get rid of him as soon as possible and focus completely on Leclerc with someone like Mick Schumacher his number 2.
Vettel just won't play the game, and at Ferrari, it's all about the team game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Karan wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
Vettel is such a wimp, he doesn't even know how to retire it properly

fuck Mercedes, fucktards

Vettel made it sure that VSC would be pulled, knowingly ruining it for Charles.

Nah. Vettel was told by Ferrari to stop the car immediately and he did well to pull over next to a break in the barriers. If the marshalls had moved a bit swifter they could've moved the car behind the barriers under double waved yellows.

Was it safe for them to touch the car though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
Someone else who was really screwed by the VSC was Norris, who was really going well behind Sainz and then lost a lot of places to cars who could put on fresher tyres and stay in front

VSC really is the worst.

They should ban pitstops during a VSC. Drivers got too much (dis)advantage for stopping during a VSC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Charles, here's a hint you young gullible sweetheart: want to keep the lead, cover your goddamn inside line at the start like a fucking race driver.

It was a team decision to run the start exactly the way they did. They made sure before the race Charles would give the tow to Vettel to prevent Lewis from getting it (better Leclerc tows Vettel into a 1-2 than end up 2nd to Lewis)

Vettel agreed to this and got the benefit of this strategy, but didn't want to give back the favour afterwards, since we know he has a problem being a team player since the Multi 21 days

I think Ferrari need to get rid of him as soon as possible and focus completely on Leclerc with someone like Mick Schumacher his number 2.

I have to respectfully completely disagree with this post. While it was a team decision to run the start the way they did and it looks like Leclerc followed through with the plan, Vettel didn't need any tow from Leclerc to get by Hamilton. Vettel aced his start so well that he was ahead of Hamilton in the initial phase itself. As Di Resta pointed out, you lose such a huge amount of time while swapping positions, Leclerc never really showed the kinda pace needed to get by Vettel with minimal time lost and at that point it was the wisest choice to try and gap Hamilton as Vettel rightly pointed out. And on the contrary I think Vettel has proven to be more of a team player than Leclerc, as he said himself after Singapore, no one is above the team, no doubt a thinly veiled comment back to Leclerc who's developed an extraordinary sense of entitlement. Just my $0.02 though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
fuck the strategy, Ferrari was fucked on the moment they told Vettel to stop while they could find a better place to stop and not let the VSC on

now is that disgrace we must stand with Toto smiling like a prick and Hamilton saying it was a hard job while it was sheer luck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
I mean, it's not even like a driver can pull a Senna and fuck off to the win anyways. That would be fun to see at least and fuel the rivalry.

Actually, someone did exactly this move this season. It was Leclerc himself in Bahrain, who ignored the order of Ferrari to wait and simply got past Vettel.

And I think this is a good hint for Leclerc right now. He has the right to get pissed off by Vettel's antics, but he cannot fully focus on that. He has to ensure he is the fastest guy and gives no room for discussion.

In the end, he overheated his tyres trying to catch Vettel for the swap - which Vettel did have a point in not doing it so early because it could put Hamilton in the game. And God knows if Vettel didn't break his MGU-K by pushing hard in the early stages of the race.

Ferrari's decision of creating a set of scenarios to control the situation got it totally out of control too. They must think of a better way to manage these two.

codename_47 wrote:

Totally agree. Vettel has had a status at Ferrari that even Hamilton with a much better performance at Mercedes has not earned. And Vettel isn't in the position to lead Ferrari and I don't think his shady way of doing things is the thing you want for someone in his shoes.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vettel never cleared LeClerc on the run to the first corner, so I'm pretty sure LeClerc could have kept the lead by actually defending the inside line. Not sure why he didn't, unless that was also part of the agreement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

in the early 90's Williams started to win everything and they cutted their electronics away to level up which happened briefly

in the 00's Ferrari dominated and they changed to level it up, took a while but it happened

until 2014 Red Bull was dominating and they changed everything and they finally stopped winning

but now FIA is doing fucking nothing to slow down Mercedes, no changes to the points system, no changes to qualifying, no scrutineering, is just that, fuck Mercedes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Regiotap wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Someone else who was really screwed by the VSC was Norris, who was really going well behind Sainz and then lost a lot of places to cars who could put on fresher tyres and stay in front

VSC really is the worst.

They should ban pitstops during a VSC. Drivers got too much (dis)advantage for stopping during a VSC.

Nah, we need more random factors to spice things up, not fewer

I mean we spent the first half of this season complaining about how boring F1 is. And now things are interesting again, they should change the rules to get rid of one of the few variables out there? No way

If anything, I'd love to see the old American-style rule back banning pit stops under the safety car until they've all lined up behind the SC. That created some really memorable races and great overtaking, and nearly gave us Nelson Piquet Jr winning a race. Who cares that it's "not fair"? There are plenty of rules that "aren't fair" already, that are there for the sake of the show

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd say to ban VSC and close pit stops until everybody is bunched. Since they don't stop for fuel anymore there's no matter to not do it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

VSC is good for things that can be cleared up quickly. We need it because we know how little drivers respect double waved yellows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

James B wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

VSC really is the worst.

I mean we spent the first half of this season complaining about how boring F1 is. And now things are interesting again, they should change the rules to get rid of one of the few variables out there? No way

If anything, I'd love to see the old American-style rule back banning pit stops under the safety car until they've all lined up behind the SC. That created some really memorable races and great overtaking, and nearly gave us Nelson Piquet Jr winning a race. Who cares that it's "not fair"? There are plenty of rules that "aren't fair" already, that are there for the sake of the show

But that's the point, the VSC is unfair AND makes the show WORSE.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Past 4 races Ferrari have had the faster car, the only reason they didn't win today was bad luck. I'm not sure FIA need to do anything about Mercedes, seems pretty competitive to me

EDIT: That was meant to be in response to LucasWheldon but the quote didn't work

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ah I'm pretty sure they're obliged to do. nobody can't stand another year of domination, waking up in the sunday morning hoping things can be different, but no, always those devilish silver cars winning without deserving

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:42 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
James B wrote:
Regiotap wrote:

But that's the point, the VSC is unfair AND makes the show WORSE.

It made the race a lot more interesting today

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:05 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Scotty wrote:
Pitting under safety car or virtual safety car should be banned full stop.

It's not like in 2009 where running out of fuel can be an issue if the lane is closed.

Using Liberty presumed logics these kind of swaps under VSC actually make the races more exciting so that works for them IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Expect there to be 'fan boost' anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

races were so much better when there wasn't live radio broadcast. I watched the whole race on mute and only saw that Ferrari was doing their shit after the race haha improves a lot my racing experience

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Close the pits under SC or VSC. Change the pit stop rules to 6 guys in the box (Front/Rear Jack, one on each tire), each car has its own pit box and crew.

Or, just close the pits under the SC or VSC. Only green flag stops allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

or do it pit stops like the one in super formula

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next