TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

rate f1
0 2%  2%  [ 17 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 17 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 17 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 17 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 17 ]
0 2%  2%  [ 16 ]
0 3%  3%  [ 22 ]
Total votes: 778
 Post subject: Re: rate f1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
My football team sucks

And just like F1, the Dees occasionally flatter to deceive with a strong game and even a competitive season, pull you out of the house of low expectations you've built with the faintest hope maybe things will get better, then immediately shit all over those hopes with a string of absolutely shameful performances.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure may of us painstakingly clicked every single zero on that poll. I sure did.

The problem is that, holy crap this had the ingredients to be a classic for the good reasons. There was a goddamn battle between the two top guys! On track! for the the lead! On a track with actual passing opportunities and where it's easier to follow!

That's why you're all still watching F1 you dipshits. It delivers some classic battles and moments. It just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that people running the show (and teams) actually want to deliver to us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:44 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Coldtyre wrote:
I'm sure may of us painstakingly clicked every single zero on that poll. I sure did.

The problem is that, holy crap this had the ingredients to be a classic for the good reasons. There was a goddamn battle between the two top guys! On track! for the the lead! On a track with actual passing opportunities and where it's easier to follow!

That's why you're all still watching F1 you dipshits. It delivers some classic battles and moments. It just doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that people running the show (and teams) actually want to deliver to us.

The thing is Hamilton would have never passed Vettel if he had to as Ferrari was way quicker on the backstretch and it sort of carried over into T1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
but Hamilton could force Vettel into a mistake and crash into wall of champions right into the flag and there it goes, a classic for eternity. Lewis Hamilton gets his greatest career win, but instead he finished 2nd and got the winner trophy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

The thing is Hamilton would have never passed Vettel if he had to as Ferrari was way quicker on the backstretch and it sort of carried over into T1.

Vettel had the advantage on straights- Something incredible in the DRS era. But Hamilton had a much better car on hard tyres. Not sure if Vettel could keep it together with the tyres getting more worn. But it could have been a proper battle anyway, and Vettel could fail again too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I've always had this philosophy:

Don't like F1 atm? Wait 5 years and it usually changes for the better

Liking F1 atm? Wait 5 years and they'll probably do something to fuck it up...

I've gone through the Late 90s Refueling/grooved tyres/early 2000s driver aids/late 2000s high df/2010s refuelling ban/mid 2010s tyre degredation low df/2017 higher df regs and hated/liked/hated/liked/hated/liked it many times over

We all have special eras where we thought F1 was tast and we still think F1 should be like now, but you can either learn to like what is served up to you and try and squeeze some sort of enjoyment out of your passion even if it is surrounded by many elements of the sport you don't like, or just find something else to do

Since we're all here debating it, I think we're all addicted enough to weather this storm and come back next time and enjoy the 2 or 3 minutes per race where the cars race closely/there's a start crash/safety car restart/underdog win/wet race or whatever else keeps us coming back race after race.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
I've always had this philosophy:

Don't like F1 atm? Wait 5 years and it usually changes for the better

Liking F1 atm? Wait 5 years and they'll probably do something to fuck it up...

I've gone through the Late 90s Refueling/grooved tyres/early 2000s driver aids/late 2000s high df/2010s refuelling ban/mid 2010s tyre degredation low df/2017 higher df regs and hated/liked/hated/liked/hated/liked it many times over

We all have special eras where we thought F1 was tast and we still think F1 should be like now, but you can either learn to like what is served up to you and try and squeeze some sort of enjoyment out of your passion even if it is surrounded by many elements of the sport you don't like, or just find something else to do

Since we're all here debating it, I think we're all addicted enough to weather this storm and come back next time and enjoy the 2 or 3 minutes per race where the cars race closely/there's a start crash/safety car restart/underdog win/wet race or whatever else keeps us coming back race after race.

In other words, we're all torment fiends.

Anyway, now looking back at that race (and ignoring the penalty), it was a pretty good last few laps. Lewis had nothing on that Ferrari though. Unfortunately, Vettel didn't realize that and fucked up as usual.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
If you people are so disenchanted with F1, why do you keep watching it?.

well in all honestly, at least F1 don't have competition cautions to sell more beer, and to bunch the field up hoping for restart shenanigans :whistling:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

This might blow your mind, but a good battle does not need an overtake to actually take place at all.

When it is close and tense enough, and there is a real possibility for passing (which there is in Canada!), anything can happen and I call that an entertaining battle. That's what racing is about, following for laps and you'll get maybe one or two opportunities on the whole race that you have to take. If the car behind is too far up your ass in every corner (Bottas vs Daniel), it usually ends way too quickly. People who like racing love to watch these seemingly impossible battles because there's a lot more going on even when the cars are not side-by-side. There's a lot tactics, alternative lines, observation and planning, lap after lap, corner after corner that are just as enjoyable as the pass itself (if it happens).

Otherwise, fast cars would always just blow by the slow cars and take off in the distance. It never happens that two cars/drivers are exactly evenly matched and are able to pass/repass each other (it happens once a decade, ala Rosberg/Hamilton 2014). A pass means the fun is over, in general. A car close but finding it difficult to make an attempt, means it's still ON.

I'm being ranty here but I'm not pissed off at you, I am at the sport because it keeps promising and not delivering. Literally every other series out there delivers regularly to fulfill our expectations (well, maybe not Nascar but hardly a good example now is it?), and surpass them even. For F1, we lower and mute any anticipation so as not to be disappointed, yet it keeps finding ways to still disappoint in new clever ways. Fuck you, F1.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
As shitty as this sport is, I'm holding out hope that surely someone at the FIA, has an IQ above their shoe size, will realise that the poorly adjudicated rules and severe lack of competition isn't sustainable for the sport, and that within the next 2-3 years it will change.

I remember MotoGP being really, really poor like 2010ish (don't quote me) maybe a bit after that, but then I remember after a few years of no real racing and competition it came back with a bang, and really has gone from strength to strength since.

Same with F1 in the mid 2000s, then a huge rule change for 2009, further tweaks for 2010 and 2011 and bam, a good few years of competitive, wheel to wheel racing (even if one team did rise to the top as always happens in F1)

I don't really see Mercedes sticking around for too much longer tbh, if they leave for 2021 then all our problems will be over. 18 cars but Ferrari and Red Bull would theoretically be closer and maybe Renault will have their shit together by then too....?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:51 pm 

Coldtyre wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

This might blow your mind, but a good battle does not need an overtake to actually take place at all.

When it is close and tense enough, and there is a real possibility for passing (which there is in Canada!), anything can happen and I call that an entertaining battle. That's what racing is about, following for laps and you'll get maybe one or two opportunities on the whole race that you have to take. If the car behind is too far up your ass in every corner (Bottas vs Daniel), it usually ends way too quickly. People who like racing love to watch these seemingly impossible battles because there's a lot more going on even when the cars are not side-by-side. There's a lot tactics, alternative lines, observation and planning, lap after lap, corner after corner that are just as enjoyable as the pass itself (if it happens).

Otherwise, fast cars would always just blow by the slow cars and take off in the distance. It never happens that two cars/drivers are exactly evenly matched and are able to pass/repass each other (it happens once a decade, ala Rosberg/Hamilton 2014). A pass means the fun is over, in general. A car close but finding it difficult to make an attempt, means it's still ON.

I'm being ranty here but I'm not pissed off at you, I am at the sport because it keeps promising and not delivering. Literally every other series out there delivers regularly to fulfill our expectations (well, maybe not Nascar but hardly a good example now is it?), and surpass them even. For F1, we lower and mute any anticipation so as not to be disappointed, yet it keeps finding ways to still disappoint in new clever ways. Fuck you, F1.

Right, tell that to all those guys who are lambasting current F1 on this very forum and take extra pride in watching it on some lousy back stream because OMG Drama Super Racing BTCC is on at the same time 8) I'm pro-F1 even when it's boring and lacks overtaking. When I say Hamilton wouldn't have passed Vettel even if he had to, that's my opinion based on the weekend's facts and the fact Ferrari was much faster on the backstretch, like they said, even with DRS Hamilton was only as fast as Vettel without it. I knew he wasn't getting passed unless Vettel made an error in the final chicane that would have left him vulnerable into T1.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I hope all manufacturers leave F1 in favour of Formula E and let F1 focus more on racing and less on development

Post subject: rate f1
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

kals wrote:
None of you will stop watching. Quit kidding yourselves. You'll all be back discussing, debating and reviewing the next incident that comes along.

I disagree. I’ve seen only 1 race live this season and missed 3 of them. I really don’t care about it anymore.
I never thought that would happen though as I used to watch every session.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:56 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

I'm in the same boat. Yes I work, but I still have the opportunity to watch the races live.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
kals wrote:
None of you will stop watching. Quit kidding yourselves. You'll all be back discussing, debating and reviewing the next incident that comes along.

I disagree. I’ve seen only 1 race live this season and missed 3 of them. I really don’t care about it anymore.

same here

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fabs wrote:
kals wrote:

I've only watched Bahrain and Montreal this year (both live iirc). All the Euro races are on too early in the morning so that's a no go.

I'll probably watch Japan and Brazil, and maaaybe Mexico but that's it for this year...live or not. I really miss Sepang. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
Fabs wrote:
kals wrote:

I've only watched Bahrain and Montreal this year (both live iirc). All the Euro races are on too early in the morning so that's a no go.

I'll probably watch Japan and Brazil, and maaaybe Mexico but that's it for this year...live or not. I really miss Sepang. :cry:

I don’t agree with the logic you’re both attempting to use. Whether you’re watching live or not is irrelevant, you’re both still watching. Which means you’re proving my point.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
iks wrote:
Fabs wrote:

I don’t agree with the logic you’re both attempting to use. Whether you’re watching live or not is irrelevant, you’re both still watching. Which means you’re proving my point.

Yup, it doesn't matter whether it's live or not. But still, compared to 2013 when I watched almost every race for example, I rarely watch any F1 now. If it continues like this I will stop watching altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I always stop watching F1. Until the next race weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I used to watch every race live, or at least record it and watch it as soon as possible. Now, I'm starting to miss a few races here and there, including Canada this season. The sad thing is that I didn't really care about missing it. I still have a love for motor racing, but F1 is terrible at the moment. The only encouraging thing is that we've witnessed some terrible seasons in the past (2002, 2004), and it didn't last forever, so I really hope that things will improve again. Probably not until the regulations change, though.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next