TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 177 78 79 80 81 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:01 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

lol Kimi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
there was also that time in Indy where he crashed coming out of the pits and stumbled into a track marshall because of "boiling water leak"

"You're not on fire Ricky Nigel!"

Sent from my Umidigi One Max using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:55 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

EAS wrote:
The team principal voted and here is their Top-10 drivers of the season.

1: Lewis Hamilton - 169
2: Max Verstappen - 146
3: Charles Leclerc - 124
4: Valtteri Bottas - 68
5: Sebastian Vettel - 58
6: Alexander Albon - 57
7: Carlos Sainz - 55
8: Daniel Ricciardo - 49
9: George Russell - 41
10: Lando Norris - 38

Kubica robbed :whistling:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:48 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I don't know what Russell has done to be considered 9th, higher than Lando, who performed very well in his rookie season against a highly rated Spaniard (wait, where have we heard this before... :whistling: )

It's hard to judge Russell at all atm, of course. He wiped out Kubica, yes, but then Robert got the point so *shrug*

I'd at least be swapping those 2 around, if not putting Lando a couple of places further up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:32 am 

:whistling: :whistling:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tick ... e/4614118/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:28 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well, we were just talking about "Our Nige", he has all the hallmarks of being a new Mansell tbh

Except the whole competitive at the front of the field thing....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whoever his new manager is is very good at turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

Doesn't seem to be any FP sessions thrown into the bargain, so no extra SL points.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least Nigel jumped from one average team to the top notch and despite starting to win lately in his career he took great advantage of it

now Ticktum is just trying to jinx any driver to get his spot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:14 am 

Hanoi update

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:31 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Meanwhile at Zandvoort:
Construction is actually ahead by quite some margin. They removed all of the gravel around the track in order to put in new fresh stones, which is not mixed in with sand and other garbage. They're finishing the construction on two new tunnels (as pictured) and currently they're working on creating sandbanks for the two banked corners they're planning. Also some new fencing is being added around all parts where grandstands will be. Just under half of the track will receive fencing. Also as it turns out Masters-corner (the one where I usually film crashing F3 cars) will receive a little bit of tarmac run-off, but it looks like it will be placed in a bit of a strange way. Should make the corner a little bit faster, but when you go off you will still end up in the grass and most probably the barrier too. Also the pitlane exit will be moved to after Tarzan. Meaning the inside of Tarzan will have a curbstone directly followed by a concrete wall in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Leclerc extended his contract to 2024.

Bye Vettel...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Contract expiration for current drivers

Leclerc - 2024
Perez - 2022
Ocon and Russell - 2021
All other drivers - 2020

Next silly season can be quite interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that's something unusual, Ferrari making a right decision regarding one of their drivers

now they only need to get the management right, the car right and give the right for Vettel to quit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah until they do something stupid like signing Lewis causing Leclerc to have a crisis of confidence or do a Sainz.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

specially if Mercedes folds away after 2020 and Ferrari starts hiring everyone valuable from there under Toto and starting another domination era

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

found out this old 1993 interview with Nelson Piquet for Grid magazine and decided to share with you (translate by me)

Quote:
GRID: Do you still hate journalists?

PIQUET: Well, ain't I giving you an interview? So, here's the deal: you cannot figure how much pressure, annoyance I have to stand. I can take talking with specialized media, but with those who doesn't know, doesn't understand nothing, is really annoying. Since I stayed the whole time in Europe, when I returned there was about 500 guys in the airport. I gave interviews to each one of them. Then I arrived in Brasília and there was another bunch. At home, another bunch waiting for me at the front door. I was already wanting to have a break and ask them to do a press conference. I gave them the press conference and had to answer to the same questions a dozen times, because everyone wanted an exclusive material. At night, some random guy from a random TV station would come up saying “Look, I don't understand anything about, just say anything”. Then I just sent to go fuck yourself, because there are a lot of lazy ass journalists out there.

GRID: But you must admit there are a lot of ass drivers either…

PIQUET: Ah, and there is a lot…

GRID: So which one is the greatest ass of them all?

PIQUET: Mansell is by far the greatest idiot in motorsport history. Now he's playing the diva. Shows up tachycardia, it faints. When we raced together, used to copy everything I did, inside and outside the track. But it isn't just me who thinks that of him. The italians disclosed that he liked to suffer in double. Besides getting married with a damn ugly woman, that Rosanne, still odered a statue of her to place in the yard.

GRID: Did you ever made fun of him??

PIQUET: I did everything I could. Once, in Mexico, he tried to be a fool and ate all those spicy foods. Had the “Montezuma's Revenge”, a bad case of diarrhea. During practice, ran some laps and stopped on the boxes to run to the bathroom. I just noticed on the third stop. So I went there and hide the toilet paper. When he stopped again and went to check, then he was really howling like a lion (laughs).

GRID: And what about that controversy around Senna's sexuality? Only annoyed you, right? Five years later, what is your relationship with him?

PIQUET: It was a pain in the ass, Senna even sued me but then backed it off. Relationship? Never had back then and I don't have now. He already entered F1 holding a grudge against me, claiming that I vetoed his signing with Brabham. Who knows Bernie Ecclestone is quite aware that he doesn't care for the drivers he signed. Who was I to go against the will of those who paid my wages?

GRID: Today you admit that Senna is really the best driver in the history of Formula One?

PIQUET: Fuck no! At Formula One, buddy, what counts is the result, the rest is bulshit. So the best is really Prost, who won more than 50 races, on his way to a 4th championship win...

GRID: You lived in Monaco, on a tacht, had a jet, helicopter, lived in a sofisticated reality, full of women. To return to Brasília and "drive" an office desk doesn't anguish you?

PIQUET: Look, I swear I don't even remember. I'm totally into Autotrac (a satellite tracking system for cargo trucks), that, for me, is like racing in Formula 3. I'm on the beggining but I look forward to turn into a Formula 1.

GRID: Some say that you got into a bad deal. That Autotrac will fail…

PIQUET: Wanna bet? Ninety nine percent of brazilian logistics are run by roads and efficiency is the keyword, the best proposal of Autotrac. We're beggining and we expect great results from this business. I invested almost all my money in this project and there is a real Formula 1 in this venture. You'll see. [Lucas note: Autotrac was the pioneer in a business that secured Piquet more money than the one he earned by driving]

GRID: Nelson, once you said that men was born to breed. How many children do you have?

PIQUET: Humm… (wondering) I have five: Geraldinho, Nelsinho, Laszlo, Kelly e Julia. From three different women: Maria Clara, Silvia e Catherine. [Note from Lucas: two of his sons were born years after the release of this interview, so he's father of seven]

GRID: Looks like you're closed for business…

PIQUET: Are you insane? Is just the beggining (laughs).

GRID: Is it true that in Formula One no drivers can be friends?

PIQUET: Kinda. With some drivers I had a good relationship. Eddie Cheever was and is a good friend, Sandro Nannini either.

GRID: At the last Indy 500, some journalists said that you were there just to grab the money, race 20 laps and then stop. And you stopped after 30 laps…

PIQUET: Fuck! Any idiot knows that I fat from ideal shape, but it wasn't because of that or the money that I said I would run only 20 laps. I said because Menard made different settings on the chassi and it didn't worked out. They compromised engine cooling. We blew seven engines during practice, why would be different on the race?

GRID: What about that court case agains Menard to get the money owned still from 1992?

PIQUET: The really owned me US$ 500.000. I sued the guys and was paid in March. We kept being friends. That's how it works in America.

GRID: How it was your expericnce at Indycar after the crash?

PIQUET: The whole experience was shit. Menard is such a weak team, I was fooled into it, doesn't do that anymore. After our US$500.000 settlement they invited me to race this year. I agreed and when I was at Arisco [former personal sponsor of Nelson Piquet, now a brand of Unilever], to advertise Autotrac, they asked me if I was going to race. I answer that I would if they backed me up. They agreed and I returned.

GRID: One big curiosity of everyone: how has your life been ater the crash?

PIQUET: Fortunately the bang didn't affected the thing I like the most, that is sex. But I cried a lot of pain, locked in my bedroom, bit this time wasn't for pain. Walking limp is nothing, neither having to wear different sizes on each foot. Hard for me was to know that I'll never be able to do things that I loved, like running, play tennis, waterskiing. Do you know how I buy my shoes? I ask for a lot of pairs, in different sizes, and when the salesman gets distracted I change the pairs on the boxes. Otherwise I would had to pay one 39 and another 41…

GRID: What about the eternal comparison between Formula One and Indycars?

PIQUET: I had enough of comparisons. I know they use my opinion to build controversy. But they're different like heaven and hell. Emerson deserves all my respect, but he pisses me off when he claims that Indy is more car. That's sheer insanity. Formula One is technology, avant garde. Indycar is a game for old retired men like me. Just see this year: I was idle and doing physiotherapy, sitted on the car to qualify and right on the seventh lap I was about less than 4 miles from pole's average. Can you believe it? Imagine the opposite, the best driver from Indycar on the first practice session doing the same times as Prost. Not even in his dreams, right?

GRID: Which driver do you root for at Indycar?

PIQUET: For Raul Boesel, surely. Emerson already has and did everything. But not Raul. He's leaping forward now, but had to come through tough shit for a long time.

GRID: So are you going back to race?

PIQUET: I'm already racing karts here in Brasília. Autotrac is my priority. I wanna race sporadically, preferentially earning a good money. I'd like to race the next Indy 500 and, who knows, try NASCAR. There are some talks, but those cars must be a hell to drive.

GRID: How it happened that story of "your karting championships" in Brasília?

PIQUET: First, they're not "my championships". When I arrived, my idea was to make a racing series for the old buys, just for fun. The mess was so big that I ran away. One day, one guy from the federation went to my home and asked for sponsorship aid. I thought that weird because they charged US$70 for the entry and they still needed more money. I got the money with Arisco, with the condition of no entry charges. But they kept charging the same US$ 70. I went mad. Didn't wanted to talk. The kart drivers asked me to keep up with them, no federation. Since I felt that they were united, I prompted them to go to the federation and tell them to fuck off. Based on the legislation they went on to make a new league, not tied with federations or confederation, arranging their own championsip, sponsored by Arisco. Surely that the federation retaliated by suspending almost 100 drivers. But, just to you know how the scam was, in the first league race each entry was about CR$ 600,00 [about US$10 at the time] and with that money they paid trophies, prizes, security, organization, everything.

GRID: After that are you planning to run for office? Maybe the presidency of the Brazilian Motorsports Confederation?

PIQUET: No way. I don't have time or experience for that. What pisses me off is that the same ones holding power for 29 years. The turn the sport into a dirty business. Unfortunately that's the sheer example of motorsports supremos.

GRID: Let's get back to Formula One. At the gird, the numbers are on the millionaire scale. What Williams has that no other have?

PIQUET: Probably a lot of work and humility. Patrick Head and Frank Williams are associates and work in the same address in the last ten years. That's a factor. Other thing, Gordon Murray (former Brabham designer), for an example, only accepted to work where he could express all of his creativity. Patrick takes a bit this, another bit of that and comes up with his conclusions. Looks like a japanese. He is so humble that when we tested the active suspension, I jumped off the car and said: “The car looks like a Cadillac”. Then he opened a big smile. Only to complete to him: “Looks like a Cadillac, a big piece of shit, the car whips constantly”. He could had got pissed, but my complaint compelled him.

GRID: And in 1994, will Formula One get more balanced?

PIQUET: I really doubt it. At Silverstone, on the tests without traction control and active suspension, Williams was faster than McLaren. The difference is that they didn't ceased the work on the car without aids.

GRID: Are there any teams that breack consciously the rulebook?

PIQUET: Never knew about it. There are some who reads the rulebook between the line, like when Gordon did with water cooled brakes, when I raced for Brabham. The car needed only one liter, but after the race the container had 20 liters to reach the minimum weight. We won the championship.

GRID: But Prost said that you won that championship using illegal fuel...

PIQUET: Pure bulshit. Just lame claims. So why haven't they appealed against Brabham?

GRID: Speaking of that, what was your most embarassing moment on track?

PIQUET: Humm… (thinking) It was a Formula 3 race. I started on the first gear and when I was going to put second I engaged the reverse gear. It was total mayhem, they even wanted to beat me up.

GRID: And your best moment?

PIQUET: It happened at Hungary, in 1986. Senna overtook me and in the following lap I got it back on the braking zone. He got very scare. I enjoyed that moment so much that I put my arm out of the car and told him to fuck off.

GRID: Just to finish: what about “Itamar's Beetle”? Is it truth that you liked it? [Note from Lucas: in late 1993, brazilian president Itamar Franco signed a law conceding tax rebates for air cooled engines as long the VW Beetle went back into production as a low cost model)

PIQUET: I thought it was great (ironic). It'll become super modern when they fit a new 16 valve engine.

GRID: 16 valve in a Beetle? What the hell is that engine?

PIQUET: Don't you know? It'll be eight valves in the engine plus eight on the stereo… (laughs)

I hope you guys enjoy, took me a while to translate all that

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks man this is stellar, lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It seems that Orlen is going to be the main sponsor of Alfa Romeo for the next year, probably replacing Shell. It would mean that the team's name will be Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen. Kubica should be confirmed as their test driver.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yup, been confirmed
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... or-f1-2020

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:33 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 177 78 79 80 81 Next