TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't buy the conspiracy thing either, rather it could be an issue of preparation. Maybe they are giving more time to prepare Max's car? But then again Dan also had 6 DNF's last year as well, so I would definitely say it's a preparation thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
From what I've seen Ricciardo is done with RBR. Even goes as far as saying he couldnt be bothered to drive the last 2 races.
I dont think it will come that far after he cools down but you never know.

I hadn't seen or heard his comments during the race, but... this. I'm surprised Marko hasn't turfed him out already. I can see why he'd feel like this by now, but speaking out like this is definitely not something Red Bull drivers are known to do without there being consequences.

I don't think there's any conspiracy, like others have already pointed out in terms of reliability. I do definitely think he is being given the cold shoulder by the team's management. The team (and Dr Marko in particular) have never tolerated drivers who look out for themselves before the team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:10 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for Dan's career sadly unless he gets a top drive after his 2 years at Renault.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, can see him ending like Alonso minus the world titles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
judging by how Red Bull treat their engine suppliers I believe Danny will stay longer in F1 than Red Bull

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:40 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I don't buy into them not wanting him to finish, but it's probably Max is getting the brand new parts and Danny the stuff they're questionable about

They also won't want him knowing about any other developments either, so I doubt he's getting all the data and updates Max is, and its showing

There was a reason he was so damn exuberant after gaining pole, he probably didn't think it was even possible

That said, he threw away a chance of a win all by himself at the start, after that it was racing for 2nd.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for Dan's career sadly unless he gets a top drive after his 2 years at Renault.

But, but... Hamilton Mercedes 2013 never forget

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bottas has one last season at Merc. He'll be out once his contract is up.

RB would have to nosedive badly for Max to leave, or they leave and he's on the market. Ricciardo's the master of his own destination, he just has to put in the performances.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Unless Cyril can crowbar open Ghosn's wallet, I can't see where any dramatic improvement from Renault will come from. Their driver costs will have gone up at least tenfold and there'll be much less revenue from selling engines as their most profitable partner (sale of engine + sale of naming rights) is leaving. And look at what they accomplished with their current budget - a c-spec engine that is so unreliable the works team won't touch it.

Maybe there's a eureka moment around the corner but after 5 years of the same engine formula (and the same pattern of development) it seems unlikely.

Whether there's a spot at Mercedes or Ferrari will depend on how their young drivers elsewhere perform. If Tony G tonks Kimi over the next 2 years, then you would assume that he'd be first in line to replace Vettel. And there was the scuttlebutt that Ferrari rejected Ricciardo this year because of his attitude, but it could be made up or exaggerated, or it might be true but it was the opinion of a man who is now dead and whose opinions won't matter so much 2 years from now.

Mercedes would be more difficult. Toto is nursing a semi over Max and has been for years (it's part of the reason why Red Bull offered him a very expensive new contract a year ago) - if Honda go backwards again he will take that opportunity. Toto also clearly feels at least partially guilty over Ocon's situation and may want to promote him as well. And then if George Russell starts dragging the Williams into the points on a regular basis...

And of course Lewis might not be in any hurry to leave either, if he really thinks 8 titles is achievable.

The door back to the top isn't shut for Dan, but a lot of dominoes will have to fall his way to make it feasible.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
And there was the scuttlebutt that Ferrari rejected Ricciardo this year because of his attitude, but it could be made up or exaggerated, or it might be true but it was the opinion of a man who is now dead and whose opinions won't matter so much 2 years from now.

This is the first I've heard of that, what was that about?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:48 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Scotty wrote:
RtN wrote:
And there was the scuttlebutt that Ferrari rejected Ricciardo this year because of his attitude, but it could be made up or exaggerated

That surprises me. Ricciardo's dad is Italian, his mother is 2nd generation Italian. He'd be a perfect fit for Ferrari.

He'd have to start pronouncing his name the Italian way again for that to happen
(TBF I've always said "ricky-ard-o" and never got used to "Rick, ard, d'oh", so that'd suit me and my laziness in learning other people's names just fine)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anything can, and will happen. After the season we've just had in terms of transfers and team performance variation, anything is just speculation disguised as informed/educated analysis.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

webbsy wrote:
RtN wrote:
And there was the scuttlebutt that Ferrari rejected Ricciardo this year because of his attitude, but it could be made up or exaggerated, or it might be true but it was the opinion of a man who is now dead and whose opinions won't matter so much 2 years from now.

This is the first I've heard of that, what was that about?

If it's true***, then the story I read was that the management thought he was too jokey and not straight-laced enough for Ferrari's image.

I think it was confirmed that he did talk to Ferrari, and obviously there was no contract forthcoming (or he would have signed it), but as I said I can't speak for how true the story above is. The other rumour is that Seb vetoed him, which IIRC was denied in some capacity.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
If it's true***, then the story I read was that the management thought he was too jokey and not straight-laced enough for Ferrari's image.

Which is funny because Ferrari is a joke.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
RtN wrote:
And there was the scuttlebutt that Ferrari rejected Ricciardo this year because of his attitude, but it could be made up or exaggerated

That surprises me. Ricciardo's dad is Italian, his mother is 2nd generation Italian. He'd be a perfect fit for Ferrari.

He'd have to start pronouncing his name the Italian way again for that to happen
(TBF I've always said "ricky-ard-o" and never got used to "Rick, ard, d'oh", so that'd suit me and my laziness in learning other people's names just fine)

If they were going to pronounce it the Italian way, it would actually be "richie-ar-doh".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Scotty wrote:
RtN wrote:

actually Ferrari's history with italian drivers are quite hideous, considering the last italian in a Ferrari reaching the podium was Nicola Larini

they always put the italian one as the final choice and even when they put a driver above than average (Fisico) results didn't arrived

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm 

Vettel was shown at one point as clocking 366 km/h (228.75mph) on the onscreen telemetry during the GP!