TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:50 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

That was a fantastic race to see in person today, does anyone know where I'd be able to find a downloadable version of the whole race preferably with english commentary? I'd love to watch the broadcast in good quality if it's around!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Give it a day or two and there will be one up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe my standards are lowering but I would be willing to give this race a 7, despite of the boring first 2/3rds and the top three care being unable to follow each other within DRS distance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is how a good battle looks like. It has to be just hard enough to keep at reach that everyone is at the edge, and getting that bit closer after a good sector gives you juuuust about the edge (even with DRS) to make an attempt rather than breeze by. Fantastic, nail-biting stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
This is how a good battle looks like. It has to be just hard enough to keep at reach that everyone is at the edge, and getting that bit closer after a good sector gives you juuuust about the edge (even with DRS) to make an attempt rather than breeze by. Fantastic, nail-biting stuff.

This.

I thought that Lewis may be able to breeze by Max and Kimi with DRS, but glad to see it turned out into more of a battle.

Happy to be proven wrong about Ferrari's strategy. Like many others, I couldn't understand why they didn't pit Kimi under the VSC with Lewis.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Incredibly, something unexpected happened in this race.

And Ferrari didn't fail, Vettel did though so that didn't change.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Given the race pace of the Ferrari this weekend, that was another sure win thrown away by Vettel with the silly red flag infringement and the clash with Ricciardo. I know they called it a racing incident and it looked pretty innocent but he could've been more cautious there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Given the race pace of the Ferrari this weekend, that was another sure win thrown away by Vettel with the silly red flag infringement and the clash with Ricciardo. I know they called it a racing incident and it looked pretty innocent but he could've been more cautious there.

No, it was just a bonehead move.

Where they where trashing Verstappen earlier this season they should be treating Vettel the same for his current form.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

This.

I thought that Lewis may be able to breeze by Max and Kimi with DRS, but glad to see it turned out into more of a battle.

Happy to be proven wrong about Ferrari's strategy. Like many others, I couldn't understand why they didn't pit Kimi under the VSC with Lewis.

I think I heard Kimi explaining that they were going to do the opposite of Hamilton. Which is difficult when you are ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if I was Ricciardo quite possibly would take a rage quit and if that wasn't possible I was just park the car in the farthest runoff area from the pits

they're treating him like shit, so he should act like shit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And Hamilton said he gave Verstappen enough room, he definitely did not want to risk contact.

Quote:
These other guys they want to win the race probably just as much as me but they are willing to go and risk it for the biscuit," said Hamilton.

"I don't need to be in that mindset. I just need to accumulate points and think of the long game.

"There's a part inside me that wants to take all the risks to get the win but there's the other side of me that wants to get the job done.

See Sebastian, THAT's smart driving.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
if I was Ricciardo quite possibly would take a rage quit and if that wasn't possible I was just park the car in the farthest runoff area from the pits

they're treating him like shit, so he should act like shit

He punched a hole in the pitbox wall :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did you guys saw the Red Bull mechanics with the car, before it was even taken back to the pits?

Pretty sure they were deleting some software gremlin that made the car to shut itself down at a random moment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***

didn't payed attention to that haha maybe I was at the bathroom, was it quite before Ricciardo dnf?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gabriel wrote:
Did you guys saw the Red Bull mechanics with the car, before it was even taken back to the pits?

Pretty sure they were deleting some software gremlin that made the car to shut itself down at a random moment.

Wouldn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gabriel wrote:

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd, but maybe it was just me. Don't they usually wait until the car is brought back on a flatbed?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
And Hamilton said he gave Verstappen enough room, he definitely did not want to risk contact.

Quote:
These other guys they want to win the race probably just as much as me but they are willing to go and risk it for the biscuit," said Hamilton.

"I don't need to be in that mindset. I just need to accumulate points and think of the long game.

"There's a part inside me that wants to take all the risks to get the win but there's the other side of me that wants to get the job done.

See Sebastian, THAT's smart driving.

Well...yeah slightly different situation for Lewis given his massive lead. I would imagine his default mindset these days going into most wheel to wheel situations starts with a position of caution. Whereas for Sebastian it's a total 180 and being cautious is only a minor afterthought. However, I agree this would've been the smart approach for Sebastian to take back in Paul Ricard.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:

didn't payed attention to that haha maybe I was at the bathroom, was it quite before Ricciardo dnf?

I think it was about lap 8-9, so yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really didn't think it was that great a race. I had to watch it in parts which didn't help, and it was nice that Kimi won, but I didn't think anything was that special. Yes it was good that the top 3 closed up, and Hamilton's attempt on Verstappen was exciting, but there wasn't that much action otherwise. Maybe I just didn get into it that much but it didn't feel like a 10/10 race to me.

I did really like Hamilton's nose cam as he was closing up on Kimi early in the race - it was great to see the cars bouncing around on the bumps and they looked much faster than the other shots normally used, they need to be using shots like this more.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next