TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

SB83 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
This race was really enjoyable, nail-biting almost end to end.

Vettel is disappointing though. I really think that Hamilton deserves the title better as a driver, and Mercedes as a team because they really play their cards beautifully race after race.

Sure they "sacrify" Bottas from time to time, but they always seem to do it sensibly and only when he isn't a contender for victory anymore, not disgustingly like Ferrari does with Kimi. My heart was with Ferrari this season for some reason, but I admire what Mercedes, Hamilton and Bottas are currently doing. Masterclass F1 stuff, from driving to strategy to race tactics, in an arguably slightly slower package.

Yea, I agree with this completely. It's gotten harder to support Ferrari anymore and I'm entirely convinced now that Vettel simply lacks composure under pressure that Hamilton has in spades by this point and thus deserves the title.

#MeToo, just do not agree with the statement that Bottas "helped" Hamilton. Bottas was slow the whole race, could not overtake Red Bull! We all know that a slower car - Bottas - can not hold a faster car - Kimi - in... Monza! Nobody can. Kimi was slow even, "per se."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Zorba wrote:
SB83 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
This race was really enjoyable, nail-biting almost end to end.

Vettel is disappointing though. I really think that Hamilton deserves the title better as a driver, and Mercedes as a team because they really play their cards beautifully race after race.

Sure they "sacrify" Bottas from time to time, but they always seem to do it sensibly and only when he isn't a contender for victory anymore, not disgustingly like Ferrari does with Kimi. My heart was with Ferrari this season for some reason, but I admire what Mercedes, Hamilton and Bottas are currently doing. Masterclass F1 stuff, from driving to strategy to race tactics, in an arguably slightly slower package.

Yea, I agree with this completely. It's gotten harder to support Ferrari anymore and I'm entirely convinced now that Vettel simply lacks composure under pressure that Hamilton has in spades by this point and thus deserves the title.

#MeToo, just do not agree with the statement that Bottas "helped" Hamilton. Bottas was slow the whole race, could not overtake Red Bull! We all know that a slower car - Bottas - can not hold a faster car - Kimi - in... Monza! Nobody can. Kimi was slow even, "per se."

But exactly, Mercedes knew Bottas was slower than Kimi so they kept him out so Kimi would be slowed down too. That allowed Hamilton to catch up to Kimi and then to hold off Hamilton, Kimi would have to abuse his tyres which were older than Hamilton's. I guess you could say Bottas being so slow helped Hamilton, but it did undoubtedly help Hamilton.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:45 pm 

..."But exactly, Mercedes knew Bottas was slower than Kimi so they kept him out so Kimi would be slowed down too. That allowed Hamilton to catch up to Kimi and then to hold off Hamilton, Kimi would have to abuse his tyres which were older than Hamilton's. I guess you could say Bottas being so slow helped Hamilton, but it did undoubtedly help Hamilton"...

Think. If Bottas was slower than Kimi, why in hell Kimi not overtake him in MONZA!!!??? Dãããã, because Kimi in that time don't had a faster car, right? Is the only way to don't overtake a slower car right?... Where is Bottas's support? There are NO Bottas helping Hamilton in MONZA, was an amazing victory, a self made victory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:17 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

I'll do the TBK Awards this year and you can vote for that. Just remind me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
Zorba wrote:
Think. If Bottas was slower than Kimi, why in hell Kimi not overtake him in MONZA!!!??? Dãããã, because Kimi in that time don't had a faster car, right? Is the only way to don't overtake a slower car right?... Where is Bottas's support? There are NO Bottas helping Hamilton in MONZA, was an amazing victory, a self made victory.

I declare this post has the won the 2018 TBK Light Post of the Year. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Scotty wrote:
kals wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I declare this post has the won the 2018 TBK Light Post of the Year. Congratulations.

Spell/grammar checking posts is for nerds.

You know where you are, right?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:26 pm 

Try to write in Portuguese (Portugal portuguese). Do as I do with "my" Google/english. I bet it gets much worse. Correcting people's grammar is more positive than trying to be funny by being ironic. It turns out to be just lack of education. (Google translate)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
portuguese classes are a bitch in school

english language classes were better even though I suck at writing and pronouncing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Zorba wrote:
Try to write in Portuguese (Portugal portuguese). Do as I do with "my" Google/english. I bet it gets much worse. Correcting people's grammar is more positive than trying to be funny by being ironic. It turns out to be just lack of education. (Google translate)

We're not making fun of your grasp of the English language, which is excellent. It's just that one post of yours, it is a word salad. Which is funny.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
Zorba wrote:

We're not making fun of your grasp of the English language, which is excellent. It's just that one post of yours, it is a word salad. Which is funny.

As a native Portuguese speaker as well, I agree. It was pretty funny.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13