TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:00 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
great race, too bad the penalty on Kimi was too harsh, he was just doing a great job keeping Mercs away from victory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
great race, too bad the penalty on Kimi was too harsh, he was just doing a great job keeping Mercs away from victory

Too harsh? Huh? It was the right penalty. If anything, it shows that Vettel's penalty at Paul Ricard for doing the same thing was too lenient. Which is exactly what most people were saying after that race.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just approve anything that takes the victory away from Mercedes :p

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

kals wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

Too harsh? Huh? It was the right penalty. If anything, it shows that Vettel's penalty at Paul Ricard for doing the same thing was too lenient. Which is exactly what most people were saying after that race.

Like I said before, they probably took the calls of too light about Vettels penalty into account when they gave it.

Which of course has now led to moaning about inconsistency.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Both Hamilton and Wolff suggesting that Ferrari somehow convinced Kimi to take Hamilton out on purpose. Good job Hamilton helped them by leaving hardly any room for a small lockup and slide from Kimi...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:35 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Penalty on Kimi was too harsh. Didn't need anything more than 5s. You can't add 5s because it was Hamilton that got spun!

It was a penalty though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Both Hamilton and Wolff suggesting that Ferrari somehow convinced Kimi to take Hamilton out on purpose. Good job Hamilton helped them by leaving hardly any room for a small lockup and slide from Kimi...

What did Hamilton and Wolff say? I’ve seen comments from James Allison.

As for the incident itself, Lewis gave Kimi enough room. Just enough. But Kimi’s lock up was minor, almost identical to Vettel at Paul Ricard. These things happen and it’s time to move on. To suggest there is a premeditated plan from Ferrari after just two incidents is absurd.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

gkmotorsport wrote:

Yeah, because every race driver in the world can make it Senna-Prost Suzuka 1990 on demand. :slaphead:

Kimi did brake late, noticed that it was too late and tried his best to avoid a contact. It was wheel on wheel, same thing with Verstappen in Austria but with higher speed difference. Therefore Kimi knew it was a mistake from him, accepted the penalty and apologized. In the end it probably didn't change the podium trio as much as Mercedes strategy not to pit their drivers. Bottas might have been able to defend Vettel's attack more aggressively to help Lewis, but he didn't. Might have been the real game changer if he did.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

but now seriously, maybe they forced that much on Kimi because he wasn't up for victory and to say "hey, we can call harsh penalties too against Ferrari"

so is quite good for FIA (but not for Kimi and Ferrari obviously), but I still think they are worser than VAR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:06 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Another race where the boredom is only saved by a sc.....but will be praised as a classic due to 10 laps of reshuffling on restarts

Listening to the team radio via Hamilton's onboard, it was a revelation. Radio was pretty constant but only the ones where Lewis reported on damage or his position down the field made the tv.
Only the ones that fit the pre-created image of him as a diva were played out.

Same with Fernando, he sounded like was actually enjoying himself out there, particularly after he passed the torro Rosso on the last lap.
Didn't fit the image of him as being pissed off with his team and their performances so they weren't played.

But the fia team radio guy only sees emotions if they're negative or angry it seems.
Oh well, he had enough to work with from Kimi today :whistling:

Amid everything else, I think we've overlooked the overtake of the season too.
max around the outside o f Kimi at luffield was a beautiful move and i hope we see that again on the top overtakes of the season video as I don't even think they replayed it..

And will we be seeing the drs zone through a corner next year?
Somehow I doubt it, unless the fia know the only way to have a great race is via the sc and they're creating ways to bring it out via crashes :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:10 pm 

lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

funny that Hamilton was complaining early about possible damage on floor but it was a wheel contact, was amazed that both got away with no damage

also Ferrari had trouble with medium tires, while Mercedes was catching, SC pratically killed their chances

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have some facts to share here. Sure race was good and everything what happened.
Why did Kimi get 10sec for same crash like VET in France? What was the difference?
VET punctured Bottas tyre and he had to do a full lap to the pits, damage was to both cars, here in GB no damage just spin and HAM just rejoined...

2nd:
FIA wants safety ofcourse but adding DRS in super fast corners is not the way to go. Top 3 teams can go with open wing but we have seen others dont. Did the extra DRS bring/contribute anything to the race? No, except the crash.... way to go in 130R then hopefully

3rd.
Bottas is a p....
You could see from Mars that he was close enough and Vettel will attack him. I really hate when someone surprises you on overtaking, and then you wonder how,why?
It never happens to me when im racing online, i know my tyres are dead, but at least i tried if nothing else.
Why didnt he close the door. Like Max always does, even if he (VET) still overtook him from outside or whatever, but at least he tried. Instead he leaves the door open and says "no after you sir"

And HAM even if i cheer for him, but he behaved like an ass after race,he says they are the best fans and today he crawls in his hole after VET defeated him, very bad looser today. Not the way to go for him.
Accept it and move on, there are still races to go

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
What did Hamilton and Wolff say? I’ve seen comments from James Allison.

As for the incident itself, Lewis gave Kimi enough room. Just enough. But Kimi’s lock up was minor, almost identical to Vettel at Paul Ricard. These things happen and it’s time to move on. To suggest there is a premeditated plan from Ferrari after just two incidents is absurd.

Lewis wrote:
Our team did an amazing job this weekend, we have so much support and so much pressure for us all. Interesting tactics I would say from their side, but we will do what we can to fight them and improve in the next races.

Fairly subtle...

Toto wrote:
A racing incident. Unfortunate because Le Castellet first time we got taken out and now it is the second time we got taken out.

It is a lot of constructors' [championship] points. In [technical director] James Allison's words, 'do you think it is deliberate or incompetence?', so this leaves us with a judgement.

...a little less so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yeah I watched this on C4, Lewis had a direct question put to him about the chance Kimi did it on purpose and said outright no, they wouldn't do that

"interesting tactics on their side" could be interpreted many ways, but probably was more to do with coming in for tyres under sc

Even toto's is leaning more towards incompetence isn't it?

alex1369 wrote:
I have some facts to share here. Sure race was good and everything what happened.
Why did Kimi get 10sec for same crash like VET in France? What was the difference?
VET punctured Bottas tyre and he had to do a full lap to the pits, damage was to both cars, here in GB no damage just spin and HAM just rejoined...

It's the FIA's way of saying they screwed up in France and 5 seconds isn't enough for this kind of thing.

alex1369 wrote:

And HAM even if i cheer for him, but he behaved like an ass after race,he says they are the best fans and today he crawls in his hole after VET defeated him, very bad looser today. Not the way to go for him.
Accept it and move on, there are still races to go

Well that's the problem with us fans isn't it, we want our drivers to show emotion, but we punish them when they do, because negative emotion is still emotion.

Basically, you either like or hate a driver and if you like them, they can do no wrong, and if you hate them, everything they do is wrong.
Sometimes it's better to take yourself away from the spotlight to prevent yourself saying or doing anything that will cause more people to chastise you, better to calm down, take a breath and come back when your adrenaline levels have returned to normal.

Lewis is passionate and obviously losing his home race hurt him. But then he is a human being, dealing with things in a human way.
Better that than a PR robot that never gets emotional at all.

As for your other point, I agree, Bottas choked today. He should've defended Vettel's move like he did a few laps before.
Or at least made him go all the way around the outside.
He was asleep on that lap.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
max around the outside o f Kimi at luffield was a beautiful move and i hope we see that again on the top overtakes of the season video as I don't even think they replayed it..

FOM is dramatic this season. We are missing a lot of action, and fun replays. Today we only saw replays of Hamilton DRS overtakes I think. They are missing a lot of action in the midfield this year. We miss a lot of pitstops. Only focus on Ferrari and Mercedes and some angry radio messages.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Basically, you either like or hate a driver and if you like them, they can do no wrong, and if you hate them, everything they do is wrong.

Sports in a nutshell.

F1, Wrestling, Football, every other sports would be boring as hell if you have nobody to hate.
It's not funny if you like every athlete, only Marge Simpson would enjoy such a thing.

I am a Michael Schumacher fan, and every opponent to him was a "enemy". I used to insult Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve, just because they were Schumacher's rivals. Now, I dream to meet them, Damon looks to be a very interesting man.
Is it a swap teams"? No, the things are just different outside of the track.

When Lewis got his 4th title, I said something pretty simple: I like hating him, and I hate him because I have no reasons to hate him.
I'm a Ferrari fan and so, I'm never happy when Lewis wins, and he's the "always lucky guy with no merit". This is why I'm still watching F1.
A victory had no value if it's not versus your best opponent. It's not funny if nobody has bad faith! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Regiotap wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

FOM is dramatic this season. We are missing a lot of action, and fun replays. Today we only saw replays of Hamilton DRS overtakes I think. They are missing a lot of action in the midfield this year. We miss a lot of pitstops. Only focus on Ferrari and Mercedes and some angry radio messages.

I thought so too, like when Verstappen spun, we suddenly had a camera showing nothing, not even a car, while we had the battles for P1-P4.

On top of that, the halo graphics hasn't worked since its introduction but I felt in Silverstone it was particularly wrong, almost 1s off and now it's half time and they still haven't fixed it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:49 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I never look at those Halo graphics lol
My eye just isn't trained to look at it, for some reason. If I'm watching from an onboard i'm looking more down the track than looking at the Halo

I Spend more time looking at the timing tower on the left, which seems to be ahead of even the feed that goes into the Sky commentary box because they always seem to read it off their timing screens which ends up telling them the wrong gap vs the more accurate and up to date on on the graphic on the left hand side.

Twitter:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next