TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EAS wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
What has happened to stewards issuing serious penalties for dangerous driving, who castrated them? Seems like a different world from the days when Maldonado and Grosjean were issued race bans, and to be honest Pastor and Romain hadn't built up half the history of truly dangerous incidents that Max and Kevin now have.

Not only the standards for penalties on dangerous driving but their standards in general.

One decade ago and even less we were easily complaining about how stewards were too strict. Any slightly daring move would at least be investigated. Now we are worried because they are too lenient and leaving room for a serious incident to happen.

It looks like stewards have a hard time tuning their bias to judge incidents.

Montoya's penalty in Malaysia has to be one of the worst ones ever applied. That HAD to be a case of "someone hit Michael when Michael was being a dick" penalize the other guy. Video includeds the infamous Schumi start line chop as described by codename.

Nowdays most of the grid would be licking their lips and saying yes, that's how its done. Chop across at the start, understeer and take the other guy off...but what's that...my front wing got ripped off? PENALTY PENALTY!!! he just turned in on me once I oversteered and missed the corner.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:41 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Montoya got a penalty for understeering into another car :lol:

The next race in Brazil, Schumacher chopped and got nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I'm always up for crashes and so, as long they happen at low speed and scramble the whole thing

about driving as a lunatic, they should do a therapy like A Clockwork Orange with those kids displaying how was the behaviour back when the cars were tin cans filled with fuel and roaring V8 behind

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think that only an airborne crash with live graphic deaths in the grandstands/pits will get the FIA to sort itself out and start actually doing its job of running the field.

All has been said already here but I encourage you all to read the FIA stewards statement regarding Max : car 33 did two moves, and its actions originated the caccident, but those moves were deemed minor anf both cars are at fault since car 3 also moved to the left too late (wtf? Obviously if there was only one car no accident would occur...)

I don't know in which universe a whole car width is considered a minor move. Andy Gavin and Jeff Krosnoff died on live TV because of less than half-a-car change in direction. FIA, fucking get your head out of your ass. They've covered their ass legally by imposing the HALO, and are now completely giving up their duties of enforcing safe and respectful racing, driver's lives (heck, mechanics/public's) be damned. Stewards sounds weirdly afraid of significantly penalizing any top team drivers for some reason. But yeah, they did have the courage to get Sirotkin to start 20th instead of 19th the next race for a minor bump :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has there ever been a penalty for a car changing lines twice, or making a reaction block? The move that Max pulled on Kimi, down the Kemmel straight at Spa, was one of the stupidiest things I've seen, but I can't remember him being penalised?

And as mentioned, Schumacher was never penalised for his start chops, or dick moves like these.

Maybe he received a penalty for driving Rubens into the pit wall at Hungary?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
back in Schumacher domination years there wasn't team radio whining (good ol times)

imagine back when he made those moves if team radio was available, a whole lot of swearing

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:32 pm 

Did laugh at DC's "Christina Aguilera" faking an interest in F1" quip prior to lights out lol.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13