TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They have to do something to create drama, there's virtually none on the track.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

No rate the race threads this week?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The FIA are going to put forward the stewards reasons for the Verstappen penalty in about 10 minutes.

Also Sky just showed the replay to Lewis who said “Well he was off the track” & seemed to agree with the penalty while also talking about how he isn't fond of modern runoff which is something I think we can all agree on.

If they want to have tarmac fine, But the area between the kerb & the runoff should be real grass or at least something that drivers won't want to run over due to it costing them time.

And for anyone who wanted to know who wrote the driver introductions for Michael Buffer, It was Will Buxton.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 pm 

Ayrton S. wrote:
Too bad that Lewis is too much coward to accept a real driver as a teammate.

:slaphead: :slaphead: :slaphead:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm glad I didn't waste my time at home watching this. Went out for some fun with friends instead. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

iks wrote:
I'm glad I didn't waste my time at home watching this. Went out for some fun with friends instead. :D

I switched the race off at about lap 23 and went back to bed

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I missed the race, wasn't going to get up at 4am for a bore fest. FOM have put the Verstappen pass up with all the angles. How in fucks name is everyone saying this was poor form from the FIA? Verstappen CLEARLY cut the corner to get the move done, and bloody hell what kind of crazy message would that send if they DIDN'T penalize him????

For the love of god, that was the kind of move i'd expect from youngsters in Formula Ford trying to pull off.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... konen.html

Oh and on a related note, the laughable comment from Bernie that Liberty aren't doing anything different is highlighted by this video, which has gone up just a couple of hours after the race with multiple angles. Would have taken a week, if at all with Bernie still in charge.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's more that others got away with things, FIA are inconsistent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just another product of modern F1... beating a horse that died fucking years ago but it wouldn't be a problem if new tracks were designed properly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well the FIA said so themselves, unless someone complains they don't look at incidents. So maybe no one else complained lol.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I missed the weekend and then half of the race due to a delayed flight so it was kinda hard to follow. But regarding Verstappen, to me, it just looks like he completely cut the corner and I'm wondering whether he might have actually made the corner, with that speed, not cutting it. I don't know about other stuff during the weekend or so, but I wouldn't say there was something wrong with this penalty. But in the end, it once again boils down to the runoffs, just look at Suzuka :metal:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 am 

webbsy wrote:
IHow in fucks name is everyone saying this was poor form from the FIA? Verstappen CLEARLY cut the corner to get the move done, and bloody hell what kind of crazy message would that send if they DIDN'T penalize him????

I agree he should be penalized, but thats not the issue here; every driver had been cutting several other corners during the race the same way, but no penalty. Then Max cuts this one corner and a penalty is issued. The inconsistency in dishing out penalties is fast becoming legendary...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
Also Sky just showed the replay to Lewis who said “Well he was off the track” & seemed to agree with the penalty while also talking about how he isn't fond of modern runoff which is something I think we can all agree on.

Never thought I'd highlight Hamilton's opinion as the best take, but here we are. He passed by cutting a corner, that's questionable even in Mario Kart. But yeah, the track design allows it and they've all been doing it, so...

Gary Anderson has the best idea here - utilize the GPS systems they already use, and let a computer do the work in the background. If a driver cuts a 'cuttable' corner, flag it to a steward with a replay. If it wasn't a clear error, warn the driver.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

With GPS or cameras or other detectors you can check if a driver has left the track. What none of these can show, is if a driver was forced off the track or not.

Bottas went with 4 wheels off the track on many occasions in a fight and used it to stay ahead of his attacker (Ricciardo, one of the Ferraris). Other drivers overtook the car in front because they dived into the corner or exiting wide, leaving the other car no choice but to leave the track with all 4 wheels. A lot of cars used the runoff as part of the racing line. I don't think any driver managed to stay on the track for the entire race. Only Verstappen was penalised.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I enjoyed the race, one of the best this season. But the Verstappen penalty is ridiculous, everybody ignored track limits all weekend. Why is there a red border all round this track? Just put gras ffs. Problem solved

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
is always a bitch when I cut the corners like that in Grid Autosport and they issue a 5 second penalty on low speed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't really get the complaint about Verstappen getting a penalty. Should it be allowed to just literally take a shorter, straighter route through a corner to pass a driver? Because that is what happened.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BrainPain wrote:
I don't really get the complaint that Verstappen got a penalty. Should it be allowed to just literally take a shorter, straighter route through a corner to pass a driver? Because that is what happened.

Niki Lauda seemed to be suggesting that this should indeed be allowed :slaphead:

Quote:
The triple world champion insisted that drivers should be allowed to use all the available road surface.

"Charlie argues all the time there's white lines and you cannot drive over them," he said.

"Why cannot you drive over white lines if it is possible? Build a wall there if you want.

"As long as there is normal circuit, you can use it. A white line is not a limit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Okay, build a wall and Lauda will be first to bitch about it being unsafe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

BrainPain wrote:
I don't really get the complaint about Verstappen getting a penalty. Should it be allowed to just literally take a shorter, straighter route through a corner to pass a driver? Because that is what happened.

Because the criticism isn’t about the penalty itself, it’s about the FIA handling the same “breach of rules” in different ways. For instance Sainz also cut the corner with all four wheels off track while overtaking a Force India, but nothing happened to him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next