TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Patrick Stewart for every podium interview pls

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

BrainPain wrote:
How i would love to be a fly on the Wall in the FI post race briefing. Perez potentially cost the team a podium today.

Skickat från min SM-G870F via Tapatalk

I believe so too. Force India should have moved him past Perez right after Kimi pitted, then I'm certain he would be on the podium now. I'm curious how this story pans out.

I loved the podium ceremony. Actually, the entire weekend was great in terms of openness and entertainment. F1's on the right way :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perez did what he needed to do. There was no guarantee Ocon would have passed Ricciardo. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

He might have and if he didn't then he'd have let Perez back past.

Perez is driving for a team, not himself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

iks wrote:
Perez did what he needed to do. There was no guarantee Ocon would have passed Ricciardo. :roll:

I don't think he did himself any favour today. He ended up barely in front of his teammate, but I doubt he will end up in a top car again. Ocon was on the much quicker tyre and clearly held up. Apparently he also wasn't allowed to turn up his engine behind Perez. If he couldn't have made a pass, he should have let Perez through again, simple as that.

I'm curious on the statements by Ocon, Perez and the team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did Perez get an order from the team to let Ocon past? If not, there's nothing to discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They told it on the radio, let ocon try and if he fails we switch back

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:

Thanks for that. That didn't get mentioned on the NBCSports broadcast, only that Perez was begging the team to allow him to continue to fight against Ricciardo.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sir Patrick Shoert.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:37 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Verstappen has some rotten luck of late

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Really impressed by Ocon today. This kid some remarkable self confidence and swagger for his age. His post race comments and that cheeky finger wag at Perez after the race were awesome. Future race winner for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
cookie wrote:

Thanks for that. That didn't get mentioned on the NBCSports broadcast, only that Perez was begging the team to allow him to continue to fight against Ricciardo.

They weren't that direct. It was worded more like a heavily hinted invitation, rather than a formal instruction, at least from the radio comms broadcasted on TV.

Perez drove like a dumb stubborn dick, but let me be clear here: not because he defended his position.

He has all the right to. But doing it in a way that makes them both lose 3 seconds to Daniel, and defending beyond harshly against his faster teammate, getting him under attack by Vettel and almost causing them to collide and take out the three of them? If it had been anybody less talented and less reasonable than Ocon in that car, all of this would've ended much more badly for Perez at different occasions. I mean, what the hell was he thinking, putting up the same defense that caused him and Massa to crash there just two years ago?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Coldtyre wrote:
kals wrote:
cookie wrote:

They weren't that direct. It was worded more like a heavily hinted invitation, rather than a formal instruction, at least from the radio comms broadcasted on TV.

Perez drove like a dumb stubborn dick, but let me be clear here: not because he defended his position.

He has all the right to. But doing it in a way that makes them both lose 3 seconds to Daniel, and defending beyond harshly against his faster teammate, getting him under attack by Vettel and almost causing them to collide and take out the three of them? If it had been anybody less talented and less reasonable than Ocon in that car, all of this would've ended much more badly for Perez at different occasions. I mean, what the hell was he thinking, putting up the same defense that caused him and Massa to crash there just two years ago?

And one lap later, he pretty much issued a formal invitation to Vettel to pass him, he didn't defend at all against him. But he almost ran his teammate off the track.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, because defending against Vettel wouldn't have prevented the pass and would've lost him a great deal of time, putting him under Ocon's pressure again and.. oh wait :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hang on a second. My original question was whether Perez was given a direct team order. First you say he was, then he wasn't exactly. Which is it? If the team didn't issue a firm instruction then there is no real discussion.

I agree his defense against Ocon was a little overly firm versus that on Vettel. It's akin to what happened between he and Button in Bahrain in 2013. The senior driver trying to stamp his authority over the new boy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was very surprised at how aggressive he was against Ocon. I also thought that Magnussen pulled a couple of ludicrous moves on Kyvat, which seemed to get overlooked (I wondered if that was what Kyvat was swearing at on the radio, or was it just because of the penalty?). Fantastic action to watch, but only some superb reactions prevented a couple of monster accidents.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
(I wondered if that was what Kyvat was swearing at on the radio, or was it just because of the penalty?).

Autosport.com wrote:
Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat described Formula 1 stewarding as a "stupid circus" after he received a double Canadian Grand Prix penalty.

Kvyat's car failed to get away at the start of the Montreal formation lap, but he then contravened F1 regulations by reclaiming his 11th position on the grid.

The rules only permit a driver slow away to return to their grid slot if they can recover all the positions by the first safety car line, otherwise they must start from the pitlane.

Kvyat was initially given a drivethrough penalty (pictured) but the stewards later announced it should have been a 10-second stop/go penalty so made him take that too.

Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost said Kvyat was only prevented from overtaking all the cars because "as all the drivers use the complete width of the track to warm-up their tyres, it was difficult for Daniil to overtake them in order to get back to his position without taking any risks" and that it was "too late for him to go into the pitlane".

"They have a job to do which is not so difficult in my opinion and they cannot do the job properly," said Kvyat.

"They were clearly sleeping today in their office, so maybe they needed some coffee there.

"They should cancel this stupid rule. Who is this rule for? Are we taxi drivers here or Formula 1 drivers?

"I don't understand this. It's a circus, a stupid fucking circus.

"I will go and talk to Charlie. It's annoying me, it's really annoying me.

"A simple job, and he can't even do that job properly.

"Maybe it's better to go in the back room because now the heat is up for me I will not want to say anything wrong to any of them and I'm not really sure it's Charlie.

"I want to understand first of all who does this job.

"All I know is our team manager was for 10 laps arguing with the FIA that we shouldn't get another additional penalty and they said 'no, sorry, we have this'."

When Kvyat took the extra 10s penalty, a wheelnut problem caused a severe pitstop delay and prompted his subsequent retirement.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so was he dicing through the field during formation lap?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

So when will Pirelli start making softer tyres again? These tyres are so hard, you can do an entire race distance on super softs, that's a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
So when will Pirelli start making softer tyres again? These tyres are so hard, you can do an entire race distance on super softs, that's a joke.

Pirelli should rename the 2017 tyres "Bridgestone".

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 14 Next