TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 am 

RtN wrote:
Monisha busy digging for Tony G's mobile number.

yup, replace Ericsson with a another mediocre crash-happy driver :lol:
codename_47 wrote:
10 place penalty for Alonso next race? :lol:

don't give ideas to Charlie
Ayrton S. wrote:
Damn, dat Kimi's face !

I don't remember seeing Kimi so downbeat/angry/frustrated before. He usually doesn't give a fuck about any result/outcome

His pace on fresh SS was equal to Vettel's on used US(mid 1.15s). It was really the traffic that allowed the switch. Vettel definitely had better pace but Ferrari made sure that Kimi would get overtaken. On that note, I prefer the "Let Michael pass for the championship" or "Fernando is faster than you" because at least it's more honest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCFGQGX8eQ
:lol: Apart from Vettel/Ferrari celebrations, only comedy gold there

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:04 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Artur Craft wrote:
Vettel definitely had better pace but Ferrari made sure that Kimi would get overtaken.

I don't want to be naïve and think that Ferrari didn't have anything to do with it, but the same thing happened with Verstappen and Ricciardo and no one is mentioning that this could have been Red Bull's intention.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mika Kimi wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
Vettel definitely had better pace but Ferrari made sure that Kimi would get overtaken.

I don't want to be naïve and think that Ferrari didn't have anything to do with it, but the same thing happened with Verstappen and Ricciardo and no one is mentioning that this could have been Red Bull's intention.

I don't think these incidents are directly comparable. Red bull was in a direct fight with another team and had to set them under pressure by choosing two different strategies. Ferraris were racing themselves within the team. The lapped drivers before and after the stop cost Kimi a lot, Ferrari released him directly into traffic. But then again, this is Ferrari, that's how they operate and have always operated. I'm sad for Kimi, I'd have loved to see him win.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess Ferrari has no room for two top drivers

so Grosjean next year?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Kimi will have two, maybe three races in a year where he is faster then Vettel. If he was fast enough, he would have stayed ahead of Vettel. Undercut, overcut, whatever.

Grosjean? Please, no. Just no. I never understood any Ferrari connection, or is Todt junior his manager or something? Sure he is talented, but he is never at fault, always whining about others and still has the occasional brain-dead moment. He will crumble in a top seat. A bit like Perez. Great in a mid field car, but just not enough for a top seat.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
judging by the way Ferrari doesn't use their reserve and young drivers quite possibly they'll try to hire Sainz or any other one just to play 2nd driver

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
I guess Ferrari has no room for two top drivers

so Grosjean next year?

Alex Wurz said that Perez was in talks with a few teams and he mentioned Ferrari as one of them. That could be interesting... :)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
A bit like Perez. Great in a mid field car, but just not enough for a top seat.

I don't agree with this. Perez went to McLaren at the wrong time, neither fitted with each other. Perez was too young and still too inexperienced. McLaren were on the decline and handled Perez very poorly. Besides that moment with Kvyat on Sunday, Perez has been very consistent these past 2 years and come on extremely well since working with FI from 2014, performing very strongly against someone of a supposed higher calibre (Hulkenberg). The Perez of now is different/better to that of 2013 and better suited to a team that is not Whit(less)marsh lead and managed.

I may be entirely wrong though and if Perez goes to a top team he may completely flop.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perez would fit in like Bottas has at Merc. He wouldn't be a scene stealler but he would be there or there abouts when it counts.

Agreed with you Kals, the way McLaren handled him that year was utter crap (and to be fair Perez didn't exactly endear himself to the team). I can't help but feel that a lot of it stemmed from Button's behavior/opinions in Bahrain and then Monaco.

If Ferrari plumb for someone other than Kimi for next year, and they can't entice Ricciardo away from Red Bull (or convince Seb) then it has to be Sainz they go for. I rate that man at just about the same level as Verstappen.

I feel the boat has sailed on Hulkenberg for a top flight seat at Red Bull, Ferrari or Merc. It will be his 8th season in F1 next year. And despite how good people might think he is, 8 years in F1 without a podium in cars that have been capable of getting to the podium is a pretty big blotch on his reputation.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:46 am 

Mika Kimi wrote:

If Max have had a great stop, maybe he could've passed Bottas, which was the target, but RB was again slow. Then, both got stuck on traffic and Ricciardo came back way ahead. After seeing the lap times, it's difficult to blame any team for whatever. Kimi was stuck on 1.17.0 on his old US. When he changed to new SS, he was able to do 1.15.5, so he gained a lot of pace on the fresher harder tyre(apparently, he only lost 0.8s due to traffic). The problem for him was that Vettel was too fast on old US and so was Ricciado who may have reached the podium even without the backmarkers holding his rivals.
LucasWheldon wrote:
so Grosjean next year?

He makes way too many mistakes for a top team. Charlie is the way to go.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Something that bothers me is the damnation of Button and Perez for their failed overtakes. I mean, they were able to move their car alongside their competitor's. Both of them didn't get there by a hair raising move, but in a very controlled manner. Therefore, Wehrlein and Kvyat would have been obliged to give them space. There would have been no contact of the guys on the outside acknowledged their presence. Why did the drivers on the inside line get punished? The rules say that if a part of your bodywork is alongside the car in fron, the car in front must leave space.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:
Something that bothers me is the damnation of Button and Perez for their failed overtakes. I mean, they were able to move their car alongside their competitor's. Both of them didn't get there by a hair raising move, but in a very controlled manner. Therefore, Wehrlein and Kvyat would have been obliged to give them space. There would have been no contact of the guys on the outside acknowledged their presence. Why did the drivers on the inside line get punished? The rules say that if a part of your bodywork is alongside the car in fron, the car in front must leave space.

Button said it's really hard to see behind you in these cars and almost absolved Wehrlein of turning in on him intentionally.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with JustinTime, good racing etiquette is to avoid losing control or sliding off your line and spearing into the car on the outside. None of these moves included that, so these overtakes, while falling short of getting completely alongside, should be considered as reasonable moves that ended bad. Especially on a track like Monaco.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:28 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Coldtyre wrote:
I agree with JustinTime, good racing etiquette is to avoid losing control or sliding off your line and spearing into the car on the outside. None of these moves included that, so these overtakes, while falling short of getting completely alongside, should be considered as reasonable moves that ended bad. Especially on a track like Monaco.

Yeah, that's my point. How else would you be able to overtake in Monaco (apart from the very rare out-braking at the nouvelle chicane). I don't understand why these drivers were punished. It was at least a racing incident, if not incidents actually caused by the outside car by causing an avoidable collision (I guess that's the legal term they use).

SB83 wrote:
Button said it's really hard to see behind you in these cars and almost absolved Wehrlein of turning in on him intentionally.

Okay, I can see that. Speaking of that, Stoffel said the same thing when he crashed in T1 in Barcelona. Seems like they have to modify the technical regulations to make the stuff in the mirrors more visible.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:51 pm 

The new F1 had big tv ratings on Germany and Italy, even on this boring Monaco race. 1/3 of share in both countries and nearly 6 million people in Italy. That's huge cause, afaik, they were dropping under 1 million in the previous seasons.
https://f1broadcasting.co/2017/05/29/ho ... the-world/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14