TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Its not just the race's though, he's not exactly been tast in practice or qualy too

I've yet to see anything in his entire career than convinces me he's anything more than a pay driver who hasn't earn his place (all the paid for promotion "journey to f1" documentaries aren't going to sway me either. I've seen adverts for the lance stroll story during nascar and v8 supercar coverage as well as on Canadian tv, which both sky and channel 4 have repackaged into a pre-race feature too, that's a lot of paid tv sports daddy is buying!)
If he comes good and starts winning it won't matter but at the moment I just wish he'd have the grace to have debuted with manor and saved that team from bankruptcy and made his rookie errors there instead of thrusting himself into a midfield team where he's over his head

Can you blame him though? Hey Lance do you want to drive for Manor or Williams??? Hmmm, yeah let me think about that for a second....The only instance I can think of of a driver turning down a better rookie drive was Senna choosing Toleman over Lotus in 84.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I also love that any driver who isn't the son of a billionaire gets a free pass, when really, once you're past local karting level, you will need some serious daddy/mommy support before you even start making money or breaking even with sponsorship in single-seater series.

Motorsports is a rich guy's sport. Get over it. Some way richer than others, some more talented than others, but all richer than all of us here arguing about it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am 

If everyone here had the fitness level of an F1 driver, I bet at least a handful would be able to do better than Stroll or Palmer...but we dont lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have the fitness level of an elderly and retired F1 driver who let himself go. Does that count?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
at least Stroll doesn't drive paying more attention to the steering than the track

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15