TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Just cut off the front and rear wings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest, It wasn't great but I didn't think it was too bad either.

As to the more durable tyres & drivers been allowed to push harder for longer, Don't mind that at all because I hated the way the tyres were been artificially made crap the past 6 years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:51 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Soul Reaver wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Welp, that sucked

No doubt everyone will be piling in here now to tell me how wrong I am, or we should give it time and how with Ferrari winning it is a great new dawn for the sport blah blah blah

We all saw it coming: Adding downforce ruins racing

There was about 3 on-track passes all race. The lead only changed hands during the pit stops. There was no tyre degradation to make things interesting and the cars couldn't follow closely to pass.

This will be the way the sport is for the next 3 years, barring the odd wet race or one where Charlie actually puts the SC out at a random moment to screw strategies

2/10, goodbye overtaking.

Wait 1 year for proper degrading tyres, but then theyll probably add a super Drs and we will be back to boring pre 17s overtaking style again.

Anyway, they can and will do much better than today this year. Just wait.

Last year at least featured mid-field racing.

This year had the entire field spread too far out to do anything about passing.

That's the trouble when people moan about something that's ok, Mercedes were dominant, but the cars could follow and pass.

Now the cars cannot follow, cannot pass, tyres do not drop off at all, but because Mercedes didn't win, it's celebrated as Brilliant?

Brundle was saying how the new rules were a great "Tonic for F1"
He was raving how it was a great race because there was a new winner and the drivers could push so hard they could set fastest laps near the end of the race.

...gimme a break.

Hell, there's a chance if they'd left the rules the same Ferrari could've caught Merc anyway, they've been building up their tech team through the years of Merc dominance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:52 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I was excited at the beginning but that quickly vanished. What a tedious race to watch. Just ask yourself how you would have liked the race if a Mercedes won, then you know what a boring race it was. It only didn't suck as much because we had a different winner. Bravo F1, you fucked it up again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Eventually development will bring the midfield closer together, and closer to the front, which may set the tone for more overtaking.

Things will improve. This is the result of just 2 weeks of testing prior to the weekend. Teams will catch up. If they don't change the rules every year, of course.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:58 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I Just Wake up to a beatiful Sunny sunday.
And i Read now that it was a borefest so im Happy that i chosed my bed instead of sleepng trough the day and feeling gutted that i waisted my Time in the morning.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I liked for the pre-2009 nostalgia

at least we had legit overtaking, DRS is useless haha

EDIT: actually Ferrari winning made my day so I'm not a good standart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

Last year at least featured mid-field racing.

This year had the entire field spread too far out to do anything about passing.

That's the trouble when people moan about something that's ok, Mercedes were dominant, but the cars could follow and pass.

Now the cars cannot follow, cannot pass, tyres do not drop off at all, but because Mercedes didn't win, it's celebrated as Brilliant?

Brundle was saying how the new rules were a great "Tonic for F1"
He was raving how it was a great race because there was a new winner and the drivers could push so hard they could set fastest laps near the end of the race.

...gimme a break.

Hell, there's a chance if they'd left the rules the same Ferrari could've caught Merc anyway, they've been building up their tech team through the years of Merc dominance.

Sorry but last year was a shitshow for me, I hated those cars and the engine. Now at least the cars are much better. Oh, overtaking last years also were a fucking freaking farce. Even worse than having Trump as US president. Gosh I hated overtaking on that DRS. Like it should die and be killed on fire. There was no competition. You say the field was close? Might just be racing rally time trials that it wouldn't make a difference. They all just passed by as the other car didn't exist. Finally some challenge for the drivers again. Might be too much on the other side, but I certainly prefer this way.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:10 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Have to admit, it's a real pleasure to see Toto pissed. How about that!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LuckyStrike FAN wrote:
Seven technical retirements. It's been a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's once again 0 retirements in Baku or Monza. There goes the unpredictability factor.
And probably mixed results will become more rare, so that teams will be in their pace order (i.e. team A takes P1-P2, followed by team B P3-P4, followed by team C P5-P6 an so on).
Hopefully I'm totally wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
LuckyStrike FAN wrote:
Seven technical retirements. It's been a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's once again 0 retirements in Baku or Monza. There goes the unpredictability factor.
And probably mixed results will become more rare, so that teams will be in their pace order (i.e. team A takes P1-P2, followed by team B P3-P4, followed by team C P5-P6 an so on).
Hopefully I'm totally wrong.

I was looking forward to see how they did at Malasia next, and the sun at Bahrein, but....

Still, lot's of rookies midfield and DNFs surely didn't help the midfield race. And Sauber old engine.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:30 am 

Decent race.

It's stupid to expect many passes on Melbourne, no matter the regulations, as the track's straights are too short. We had a couple of brief battles, the race unfolded in a nice way with different strategies being played out. I was never really bored.

The frustrating thing was seeing Mercedes treat Bottas as a second driver already this early as they should've put SS on his car given he almost went half distance on US. But then, they obviously didn't want him challenging Hamilton. Even as it was, Bottas was clearly instructed to back off in the end

Last edited by Artur Craft on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 am 

DinoMarko93 wrote:
Hamiltons tryes were dead so they had to pit him, but Verstappen ruined his race. Bad call, seems like they lost the race.

Correct. It was a bad call from Merc but Lewis' tyres were gone as they were expecting him to be doing 1.28.0 but the best he was being able to do was 1.28.5

I think they got it quite okay with the tyres. They still degrade quite more than on Bridgestone/Michelin days, but not in a artificial way. It's a decent wear

codename_47 wrote:
cambridge wrote:
Oh my, some good racing actually there

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Where?

May I ask you something? Why did you start watching F1, in the first place? The "boring" thing(no stupid cheese tyres, no DRS, no passing fest) has always been F1. What you like is very recent in the history of this sport.

Albeit this wasn't an awesome race, I'm sure it was better than the average 2014 race or the only 2015 race that I watched.

There will be more passing and battles on China and Bahrain people. It will always be difficult in some places. For instance, it's daft to expect overtakings, if any at all, at Monaco.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:46 am 

Tobias wrote:
Highlight of the race was that giant Sauber going off on the formation lap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

High downforce kills the racing. What else did they expect?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

meh race. Melbourne is always hard to overtake on, so China could be a lot better. Some more pitstops and strategy would have made it better for sure, so I don't like the new tyres. And the gap between the top 2 and the rest is huge so we are not going to see many upsets I think. If Mercedes had won I would feel depressed probably, now I have some hope there could be a decent championship battle when the races are going to be boring. To have both in 1 season is rare, only 2012 in recent memory had a great championship battle and good races.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:47 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Weird to see fans almost touch F1 cars.
https://streamable.com/5prnt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:58 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

As expected, back to crappy high downforce & durable tyres F1

We'll have to pray for rain a lot this year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I agree with the previous page. Race was watchable because it wasn't Lewis or a Merc winning. I have a bias because I don't mind Vettel at all. Had Hamilton won I'd have regretted even taping this damn thing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Soul Reaver wrote:
I was looking forward to see how they did at Malasia next, and the sun at Bahrein, but....

Still, lot's of rookies midfield and DNFs surely didn't help the midfield race. And Sauber old engine.

Bahrain is at night, so heat will not be an issue

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24 Next