TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ian-S wrote:
That's what they do in most winter and athletics sports isn't it?

Yeah, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I'd watch it in a hearbeat if it's entertaining, just like I watch women's cycling or cyclocross. It's different, but it really has it's appeal, the racing is different. So I don't think there's a shame in creating separate categories.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The double standard is a bunch of males debating, suggesting and deciding what women should do within motorsport, and then judging them for what they’ve done and are trying achieve.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
The double standard is a bunch of males debating, suggesting and deciding what women should do within motorsport, and then judging them for what they’ve done and are trying achieve.

This is what you’re reading from my statements? :lol: I’ve said nothing to that accord

You’re insinuating stuff I’ve never even in the remotely said. But that’s how discussions nowadays go. When someone runs out of logic and arguments, deduct something that’s completely out of context but mirrors your world view, add some implications (sexism, racism, any kind of -ism that fashionable) et voila, you’re on top again. That’s ultimately why Trump is president. Assumed moral superiority on autopilot without engaging the brain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Justin Time wrote:
kals wrote:

This is what you’re reading from my statements? I’ve said nothing to that accord

You’re insinuating stuff I’ve never even in the remotely said. But that’s how discussions nowadays go. When someone runs out of logic and arguments, deduct something that’s completely out of context but mirrors your world view, add some implications (sexism, racism, any kind of -ism that fashionable) et voila, you’re on top again. That’s ultimately why Trump is president. Assumed moral superiority on autopilot without engaging the brain.

It wasn’t aimed at you, hence why I️ wrote “bunch of males”. Rather it was a sweeping statement about all of us and the points raised / suggestions within this conversation. I️ just used your point about double standards.

I’ll ignore the latter half of your post and the insults aimed at me, considering you didn’t understand the premise of my point originally.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
kals wrote:

This is what you’re reading from my statements? I’ve said nothing to that accord

It wasn’t aimed at you, hence why I️ wrote “bunch of males”. Rather it was a sweeping statement about all of us and the points raised / suggestions within this conversation. I️ just used your point about double standards.

I’ll ignore the latter half of your post and the insults aimed at me, considering you didn’t understand the premise of my point originally.

Oh I perfectly understood it, but that doesn’t make it relevant or true or even simply coherent. It’s more like virtue signalling and an easy way out, claiming the moral high ground and dismissing the discussion with accusatory blanket statements instead of actually participating in a discussion. The „bunch of males“ statement in itself is beautifully sexist. :lol: :yes:

And I stand by it, I’d love to watch an all female racing series that’s entertaining and I believe that with such a system women could advance quicker, get more attention and reach more people then by them starving in the lower categories. If a woman doesn’t want to compete in this series, she’s free to compete everywhere else. I don’t get why this would be a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So let me get this straight... my comments are irrelevant, incoherent, sexist, attempting to take a moral high ground and the reason why Trump is president... that’s a good lot of assumptions you’ve made about me. Thanks. Keep it going. The next insults should start with “yo mamma’s so fat....”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
well another proposal is make an exhibition, pick a good F1 driver and a capable female driver (like Simona de Silvestro), put both in an old racing car (like those 80's Minardis" and give them a face off, start side by side, no practice or qualifying or setup at all

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
So let me get this straight... my comments are irrelevant, incoherent, sexist, attempting to take a moral high ground and the reason why Trump is president... that’s a good lot of assumptions you’ve made about me. Thanks. Keep it going. The next insults should start with “yo mamma’s so fat....”

And yet another post that just tries to play the man instead of engaging in the argument. You’re quite skilled at that. Well done.

Yeah, you pretty much got the first part spot on, now you only have to make the mental connection as to why your comments on this subject have said attributes. Since you came up with „yo momma“ I’m sure you can do that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Justin Time wrote:
kals wrote:

And yet another post that just tries to play the man instead of engaging in the argument. You’re quite skilled at that. Well done.

Yeah, you pretty much got the first part spot on, now you only have to make the mental connection as to why your comments on this subject have said attributes. Since you came up with „yo momma“ I’m sure you can do that.

Hilarious, please keep it going.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
well another proposal is make an exhibition, pick a good F1 driver and a capable female driver (like Simona de Silvestro), put both in an old racing car (like those 80's Minardis" and give them a face off, start side by side, no practice or qualifying or setup at all

Tennis had a similar idea about 20 years ago. It ended about as you would imagine.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

one of the problems is still the disdain and the high chances to become a shit show

unless they put motorsports in the olympics for men and women. Is a win/win situation for racing fans as they could see racing on the olympics and men and women can compete

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Women are women...men are men. Who cares if it's an all men series, all women series, or a mix of both genders. Racing is racing...let's get back to reality guys. :wave:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:41 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I think the first thing motorsport should do is look at the attitudes to women across the sport and start making racetracks a place females would want to hang out at, instead of almost a gentleman's club where the only female presence is in decoration or the media

Imagine you're a young girl who is taken to the racetrack by her dad, exactly the same as her brother, probably dragged to the track but there's potential there for a new fan of the sport to be created.
Her brother will see older males not only as the on track heros, speeding around, overtaking, crashing, etc, but also the older men with all the power, running the teams, running the track, running the series itself.

The Girl will see older females used as decoration, grid girls chosen solely due to how attractive they are.
They get to stand holding a sign, or stand in front of the podium being sprayed with champagne. So inspiring

As much as I've not been a big fan of Danica, if she's inspired even one other girl to take up the sport, we'll be in for a better future
The Same for Pippa, Katherine, Suzi, Lyn St James, Courtney Force, Phoebe Wainman or any of them.
Especially Courtney force, she seems to win a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

simply we need more cars on the track, no matter if it's a woman, an indonesian or a venezuelan who drives looking at the steering wheel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
simply we need more cars on the track, no matter if it's a woman, an indonesian or a venezuelan who drives looking at the steering wheel

What about a robot? ;)

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

only if they drive like this

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Not sure where this should go, so here:

Number 9 is my favourite. I know number 1 is multiple passing, but you just can't beat a bit of surprising outside action

Strange lack of Max in this too, maybe he's getting his own top 10 next week? :?

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Scotty wrote:
iks wrote:
let's get back to reality guys. :wave:

Did you just assume my gender?

haha, I'm glad someone picked up on that one. :p

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I finally saw the images of the Red Bull and Mercedes hypercars. All I can say is 1998 called and wants its Merc back and the Red Bull looks hideous.

But I would take the Red Bull. Its hideous but bonkers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 pm 
Eddie Jordan

Williams came to their senses:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13352 ... iams-drive

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141 Next