TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4765 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Isn't he a millionaire already? Why does he need more money?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

JJ wrote:

Settle down Karl Marx.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:50 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It's still stupid because it's just as likely the ferrari team would make a mistake with their stupid traffic light system which was wired backwards to give a green when the operator LET GO OF THE CONTROL PAD under green than it was under SC conditions, so any judge worth their salt would say "well, sucks but you can't prove beyond resonable doubt it wouldn't have happened no matter what Briatore told Piquet to do

But people gotta keep their name in the spotlight, I guess.... :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Probably a good thing that that isn't going to be their argument, then.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:02 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
JJ wrote:

Settle down Karl Marx.

:lol:

codename_47 wrote:
It's still stupid because it's just as likely the ferrari team would make a mistake with their stupid traffic light system which was wired backwards to give a green when the operator LET GO OF THE CONTROL PAD under green than it was under SC conditions, so any judge worth their salt would say "well, sucks but you can't prove beyond resonable doubt it wouldn't have happened no matter what Briatore told Piquet to do

But people gotta keep their name in the spotlight, I guess.... :roll:

Don't worry, Lewis won't lose his WDC. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:27 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

amq55 wrote:
Massa is going through with the legal actions against the FIA over Crashgate. It seems he only wants compensation over lost earnings and not to invalidate the race and give him the championship, though.

The championship was not lost at Singapore. What about all the other unforced errors he made in the first half of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A team cheating in a big way is very much different to mistakes and reliability.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Massa is going through with the legal actions against the FIA over Crashgate. It seems he only wants compensation over lost earnings and not to invalidate the race and give him the championship, though.

The championship was not lost at Singapore. What about all the other unforced errors he made in the first half of the year.

The point is that, if Bernie knew about Crashgate before the season ended, then the cheating was known before it was public. It's a pretty good reason to annull the race.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
haha Massa had become such a pathetic figure after he lost the championship

I'm glad the 2008 championship was won the by the right person. Plus, Bernie loves to pour gasoline into the fire so people can remember he's still alive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had forgotten that Massa took pole over Hamilton by a whopping 0.6s. How did he manage that? :ohmy: I'm going to have to re-watch the lap now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:51 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

amq55 wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
amq55 wrote:

The point is that, if Bernie knew about Crashgate before the season ended, then the cheating was known before it was public. It's a pretty good reason to annull the race.

Formula 1 wouldn't have done that under any circumstances regardless of the championship

The same reason we had to sit through them delaying and running the bare minimum of laps in Spa 2021, their first loyalty is to their own bank balance and to ensure no-one can ask for refunds

If they annulled the race, maybe the spectactors present would feel they wanted their money back, and that's the number 1 reason Bernie, over anyone else, would want that result to continue standing

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
amq55 wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:

Formula 1 wouldn't have done that under any circumstances regardless of the championship

The same reason we had to sit through them delaying and running the bare minimum of laps in Spa 2021, their first loyalty is to their own bank balance and to ensure no-one can ask for refunds

If they annulled the race, maybe the spectactors present would feel they wanted their money back, and that's the number 1 reason Bernie, over anyone else, would want that result to continue standing

I don't know why you (and others here) get in such a tizzy on this topic over things like it being Massa, Ferrari, their other mistakes that year, who was the deserving champion etc. None of that has anything to do with this. The lawsuit is based on the argument that it been known Renault manipulated the race during the season, under the rules of the time the results would have been annulled (as Bernie has stated), and by simple maths in hindsight that would have given Massa more points than Hamilton. Of course nobody knows how teams would have performed had that race been handled differently, and it's possible Ferrari would have flubbed it anyway. But unlike the above, that is not an argument you can present in court.

Nothing to do with drivers, teams or what us pensioners think about 2008, it's simple rules and math.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:28 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Teams have cheated in many races, and the race results don't get thrown out. Instead, the teams get disqualified. So, if he wants the results amended, then Alonso should lose his win, promoting Hamilton to second and an extra 3 points over Massa.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
plus it has been so many years, is not like it happened last year and they didn't filed an appeal at the time so they blew their chances

is not like Lance Armstrong who cheated his entire career and then they stripped all of his titles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXYRZC ... el=THERACE

As The Race points out at the end of this video, if the normal procedures were followed (disqualification instead of nullification), Renault would have been disqualified from the race. Which would have meant that Hamilton would have won the championship by 3 points instead of 1.

I went even further and looked at what the outcome would have been if Renault were booted out of the whole championship. Hamilton would have won by two points. 102 to 100. There were only two races where either Alonso or Piquet finished ahead of Massa, and four such occasions for Hamilton.

Massa

In the Italian GP he would have gone from 6th to 5th-1 extra point.
Japan - 7th to 5th - 2 extra points.
Thats it. He would have had 100 points.

Hamilton

France - 10th to 8th - 1 point.
Hungary - 5th to 4th - 1 point.
Italy - 7th to 6th - 1 point.
Brazil - 5th to 4th - 1 point.
He would have had 102 points.

In no way shape or form does he win the championship, even if they boot Renault out completely. These are proven facts, not conjecture and unknowns, no could of's or if's. And with provable facts........He lost. He has no case at all and no claim to any monetary compensation what so ever. Because HE DIDN'T win even with Renault kicked out completely.

It is a nice sentiment for people to say that championship was his, but it just wasn't. I would assume that the FIA would be pointing this out. Ok, you want Renault to be kicked out for cheating?... sure thing.....oh what's that? You lose by a bigger margin? Any half decent lawyer would pick that up straight away.

I will be staggered if he wins any form of compensation, cause he is owed fuck all, cause he didn't win it even with expulsion from the championship.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I guess that's why he's not looking for a disqualification but an actual deletion of the race from the records.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bernie says he doesn't remember giving the interview which blew this all up :lol:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie-ec ... ssa-claim/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Gaara wrote:
Bernie says he doesn't remember giving the interview which blew this all up :lol:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie-ec ... ssa-claim/

Bernie's had a chat with his own lawyers lol

Feels like he's the only person really left from that era they can go after anyway, aside from the Renault Management of the time

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They could summon Briatore.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Laugh all you want, even with that body he´s banging hotter chicks that we all will ever do

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4765 Next