TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3540 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh, I guess this is what Bild had on their front page today. Couldn't translate it whilst paying for petrol :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jesus, surely there is a university out there that is using this as a case study in not what to do in their media studies/journalism/pr courses.

Yes we have been over this a million times but there is a need to release information in order to stop disinformation and speculation, that will....shock horror....actually protect the very privacy they crave.

I'm thinking team Schumacher thinks the world wants a Kardashian Instagram and Twitter feed update on Michael. Which actually would ironically be more interesting, uplifting and contribute more to society than those annoying, obnoxious and worthless Kardashians.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does anybody really care about that day to day "progress", except headline-craving tabloids and click-bait websites?

The driver, the sportsman, the childhood hero, is gone and fans have come to terms with that. If everyone could have some patience, one of the two announcements will be made some day, and will not -cannot!- be hidden by anyone: final death, or complete remission including becoming a public figure again.

I feel that anything in-between is irrelevant to anyone but the closest people to him IMO. Knowing how high he can lift a spoon or if he understands language is completely useless info to me as a fan. Then again, it may be just me because I don't usually care about what celebrities are up to, outside of their main occupation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I get the feeling even if those events happen the 'team' will not annouce it formally, and will probably deny it if Bild break it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
for me as a big fan I'd rather stick with the memories of good moments, never cared too much for what happened outside the track, in those 3 years before the comeback I only read a line or 2 about him racing in bikes (and crashing rather than suceeding)

his management team should aware tabloids that Michael might not be the public person that they are expecting, but you know tabloids love disgraces so is a never ending battle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As someone else said this and the Bianchi situations should be held out as examples of how, and how not to handle publicity, exhibit A, you have the Bianchi's, giving an occasional brief update, and generally signing them off as 'if something changes, we'll let you know', any enqueiries were met with a polite, nothing's changed, see last update, as a family, they were generally left alone.

Exhibit B: On the other hand you have the Schumacher's who's stance from the very beginning has been 'mind your own business', 'no comment' and 'it's all lies' (closely followed by a retraction confirming the report), they've suffered a great deal of intrusion, people camped outside their house, people dressing up as doctors trying to gain access, press going through their rubbish, buying medical records etc. always getting grief.

One did thing one way and was left alone, the other did it a different way and has constant hassle, it doesn't take a genuis to work out which way was the better way and as said previously, the open and honest way probably afforded the family more respect for their privacy than the secret squirrel way, one could even wonder how much access the likes of Ralf has to his brother sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumacher was known all over the world, Bianchi only by F1 fans. Just not enough people will have had interest in Bianchi.

But I agree, the Bianchi family treated the news much better. Occasional update and we felt sorry for them. Schumacher management gives nothing, denies everything, even keeps old friends out. Respect for the family, but the management is screwing up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dont understand why do the do this?
Why do they give "false" information about him.

They only news i trust is when his wife says something. If its in 40 years ok in 40 years.
Till then its just pure speculation and rumors, why cant the media see this for sake!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

alex1369 wrote:
I dont understand why do the do this?
Why do they give "false" information about him.

They only news i trust is when his wife says something. If its in 40 years ok in 40 years.
Till then its just pure speculation and rumors, why cant the media see this for sake!!!

The majority do act with respect - any trustworthy Formula 1 site will only stick to the official line, unfortunately some tabloid publications adopt a different approach.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sensationalism works by being absurd and with that breaking news feeling. that's what capture the attention and makes people buy gossip mags and tabloids

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

There is no comparison to be made between the handling of the Schumacher situation and the Bianchi situation.

Jules' accident happened during F1, and thus to expect regular updates was only normal - the level of involvement was much higher as it effectively happened on live television.
Schumacher, on the other hand, was a horrendous accident taking place in his private life after retiring from F1. How they treat the situation, as Michael no longer had any function in F1, is up to the family.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tobias wrote:
How they treat the situation, as Michael no longer had any function in F1, is up to the family.

Then as callous as this sounds the family has only their self to blame.

There is a good reason why people are rooting around in their trash. When a highly public and influential person has a major thing such as this happen, the natural tendency of the media is to want to know what is happening. When the information is being held onto like its some kind of governmental conspiracy cover up, with threats and denials being made, people and the media will just plainly make shit up and in general any good grace they were affording them goes out the window.

The best way to stop people making shit up? Stop giving them excuses to make shit up.

As I said previously we don't need twitter and Instagram updates, but the occasional "We are very grateful to the love and support Michael is receiving from fans all around the world. As of yet Michael's condition remains the same as previously (insert whatever his condition is) stated. Michael continues to fight each day and if there is any change in his condition we will inform all of his fans and supporters around the world"

Not bloody hard to do is it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has Mick ever commented his father's condition? I guess you can't forbid a member of a family from revealing family matters? If I was Mick I wouldn't mind revealing that my dad's in Minimally Conscious State and anyone interested can read from the books what it means. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
Even Bianchi's father told at some point that death would have been more merciful than waiting without hope. I respect him for his honesty. At least he didn't try to hide the seriousness of Jules's condition.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess the family put several people around to make the kid stay quiet and speak only about racing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Latest rumor is that his wife doesn't work even allow his former manager Willie Weber to visit Michael.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 pm 

Not even a rumor - the man himself posted it and is clearly disgusted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What would Michael say if he finds out that even his old friends were disallowed to visit him? I'd be furious. :o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Maybe I should wear a tinfoil hat but could it be his wife doesn't want anyone to know Michael's real status as it would affect sponsor deals if they knew the truth?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Maybe I should wear a tinfoil hat but could it be his wife doesn't want anyone to know Michael's real status as it would affect sponsor deals if they knew the truth?

I think it's more that she is in denial rather than it being a commercial reason, I don't think he has any personal sponsors anyway nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

maybe is like what happened to Bettie Page, she didn't allowed any pics or info on her so people could remember as the 50's pinup

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 3540 Next