TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I believe it was one of F1s finest off-track moments.

The way the organisers dealt with it calmy, no fuzz and not giving tv time to them was ideal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok Greenpeace have achieved one of their objectives in that people like us are talking about them...just happens that most of us don't really like their tactics.

I actually think Greenpeace are hypocritical dirtbags. They generally sprout their peace to the Earth and humanity mantra yet are one of the most militant/sabotaging non military organisations out there who constantly flout and break the law...oh and are set up like a corporation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Because of their very limited mainstream exposure, what really pisses me off is that they are just trying to troll us hardcore fans.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seriously gonna hurt a hippie if this will mean Spa won't be on the calander.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Holy hell Fernando
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD17cX9MvNg&feature=player_embedded[/youtubeidiot]

Surprised they didn't give him a penalty for exceeding the track limits and gaining an unfair advantage, whilst not leaving a cars width for the driver behind him and rejoining the track in a dangerous manner.....I mean come on how blatant was that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Heh FOM have the Greenpeace video from a couple of pages ago taken down, remember all footage at the track is "owned" by them lol

I think as a stunt it was quite well thought out, if rather poorly executed. If they'd had those "remote control" banners pop up from the top of the cowling above or behind the drivers then TV would have had to work harder to block them out. At least no one from Greenpeace tried anything too dangerous like running on the track. The abseiling didn't work at all, but it did get their cause noticed and talked about, so from that perspective it was a success.

Although to be honest I wonder where environmentalists would ultimately stop, if they could make every change that they ever may way to... yeah we shouldn't destroy the world to keep humanity happy, but at the same time if you took it to the nth degree there would be no society, we'd all just live in houses we've built ourselves from sustainable resources, eating our own vegetables (no meat) and only walking (as riding animals is cruel and vehicles pollute). I'm not sure that way of living would be very exciting :-p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Holy hell Fernando
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD17cX9MvNg&feature=player_embedded[/youtubeidiot]

Surprised they didn't give him a penalty for exceeding the track limits and gaining an unfair advantage, whilst not leaving a cars width for the driver behind him and rejoining the track in a dangerous manner.....I mean come on how blatant was that.

If Balestre was still in charge he would have expected Alonso to stop, do a 180 turn, head back down the track in the opposite direction and then rejoin the circuit at the point he left it. Afterall, Alonso didn't complete the full race distance using the circuit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:29 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tobias wrote:

The way the organisers dealt with it calmy, no fuzz and not giving tv time to them was ideal.

I agree. Was there and didn't notice any difference than other GPs, even if after seeing the photos one of the activists was no more than 50 meters away from where I was. In fact I initially thought that the 2 paragliders were some sort of pre-f1 aerial display LOL. Until I zoomed in on them and saw "greenpeace" written all over. The police heli promptly started circling them.

Can't get why this Julia's complaining. Judging by the angry alsatians some of the police had I think she was lucky to escape with just a mouth full of boot.

Maybe next time I can try get over the fence for a better view and complain when they kick me out?

I just hope this doesn't become an excuse to get rid of Spa from the f1 calendar :(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

matthew wrote:
Tobias wrote:

Can't get why this Julia's complaining. Judging by the angry alsatians some of the police had I think she was lucky to escape with just a mouth full of boot.

In any race outside from Europe, she would have got her mouth full of lead...which she wouldn't be complaining of.

Next year Shell should be sponsoring Bahrain, USA and China.

Last edited by NVirkkula on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Did not make the news here.
I think that chick needs to get laid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

IceMan wrote:
Although to be honest I wonder where environmentalists would ultimately stop, if they could make every change that they ever may way to... yeah we shouldn't destroy the world to keep humanity happy, but at the same time if you took it to the nth degree there would be no society, we'd all just live in houses we've built ourselves from sustainable resources, eating our own vegetables (no meat) and only walking (as riding animals is cruel and vehicles pollute). I'm not sure that way of living would be very exciting :-p

You would be surprised how wide spread that view is amongst the couple of 'eco' people that I know. Yet at the same time they wear their Doc Martin boots and North Face wind breakers, and are affronted when I point out that it would be catastrophic to the world and far more dangerous if we carried out their extremist forms of environmentalism. They don't take kindly when I say that they endorse genocide.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 am 

phil1993 wrote:
Holy hell Fernando

I haven't seen the race yet on telly but did they show one of the Force India's having a major moment at the exit of Eau Rouge. It was way worse than this one, I thought for sure he was going to end up in the barriers. The driver rejoined the track via the pit exit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am 

Maldonado had a huge moment out of Stavelot too, on the same lap as he spun his Wheel-Of-Fuck-You.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

webbsy wrote:
IceMan wrote:

You would be surprised how wide spread that view is amongst the couple of 'eco' people that I know. Yet at the same time they wear their Doc Martin boots and North Face wind breakers, and are affronted when I point out that it would be catastrophic to the world and far more dangerous if we carried out their extremist forms of environmentalism. They don't take kindly when I say that they endorse genocide.

They also purchased expensive VIP Tickets to a Shell sponsored event. They essentially helped line the pockets of the promoters who are partnered with shell. It's all so poorly thought out that you think it couldn't possibly be Greenpeace doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:07 pm 

but they have us discussing them now, and perhaps that's what they want.

shouldn't we initiate a 24h ban for anyone mentioning it? :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
dicksplaash wrote:
Maldonado had a huge moment out of Stavelot too, on the same lap as he spun his Wheel-Of-Fuck-You.

That moment was huge, he was so near to end up in the tyres

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:14 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Tobias wrote:
but they have us discussing them now, and perhaps that's what they want.

shouldn't we initiate a 24h ban for anyone mentioning it? :P

If we're discussing how poor it was, then I don't think that's a goal. They want us talking about Shell, and questioning their involvement in our sport. They don't want us discussing just how much of a half arsed effort their protest was, especially given the circumstances they claim to have to operate it on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perhaps all comments on it can now be in the news thread?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
Holy hell Fernando

Just watched some footage from the highlights channel of the Belgian Grand Prix and Sutil had one hell of a save at Eau Rouge during the early stages of the race: he went sideways twice at the exit at Eau Rouge and nearly slammed into the outside barrier.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has anyone ever opened a dry cleaners in the town of Spa?

Might be a good business venture.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 660 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 Next