TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 654 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Did you hear Brawn talk about someone like he did with Montoya. Probably not. This shows that he was scared and maybe impressed at the guy's skill to come out and say a thing like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As if Ross Brawn was the first to say that sort of thing.

James Hunt wrote:
We don't pass on the outside in Formula 1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
so you like the bunch of cheating wankers more than the less cheating more mistake ridden, likeable guys of today?

Yes.

Schumacher/Todt/Brawn brought what was pretty much a joke of team to a point of domination rarely seen in this sport. You don't do that by being a "cheating wanker", you do that through skill. I'm by no means saying they were perfect, but I admire that much more than the fannying around and whinging we're seeing from Ferrari at the moment.

You can carry on telling me who I should like and who I shouldn't as much as you want, but you're not going to get anywhere.

Enlighten me as to where I said you should like X over Y.

Ferrari weren't a joke. They weren't what Honda have been recently or Williams. They were consistently [excluding 1992] pretty much 3rd best constructors behind two of Mclaren/Williams and Benetton. They won races every year bar 92/93. The job they did was commendable and difficult and what they achieved was crazy, the way they went about it was fucking dreadful at times.

Jerez 97, Mclaren Pedals 98, Bargeboards 99, Schumacher Antics in 2000 to get races restarted, Bridgestone development 2001, Austria 2002, Indy 2002, Michelin Saga 2003, "Unclassy" call 2003, Indy 2005.
and those are the ones I can remember I am sure there are more. They were talented. They also cheated and bent the rules more than any other F1 regime I can think of.

If the current regime are whingy then god knows what Ross and co were. Who seemed to battle in the courts as much as hey had too on track.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whether that's all true or not, the fact is I still appreciate the old regime's talents far more than the current one's. Personally I found them far more likeable too.

I think what's majorly pissing me off is that the 'new' team seem to be undoing all the hard work the 'old' team put in to get Ferrari to the top with absolutely terrible decisions, and still whinging and moaning and trying to blame everyone else for it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Magnifico wrote:
They won races every year bar 92/93. The job they did was commendable and difficult and what they achieved was crazy, the way they went about it was fucking dreadful at times.

Not true. 1991. 1986. 1980 etc...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cheeveer wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
They won races every year bar 92/93. The job they did was commendable and difficult and what they achieved was crazy, the way they went about it was fucking dreadful at times.

I was referring to the 90's. Should have said So. My Mistake. Missed 91 :/ I really did think they won that year. Hmmm maybe it was a 2nd with Prost.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Read up to

gpupdate wrote:
Ross Brawn has been heavily criticized by Ferrari's

and stopped.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Magnifico wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:
Magnifico wrote:

I was referring to the 90's. Should have said So. My Mistake. Missed 91 :/ I really did think they won that year. Hmmm maybe it was a 2nd with Prost.

From 91 to 95 they had only won 2 races. Thats bad for such a big team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:

whattabout the last time williams won a race :?

that must be knocking on a few years now eh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

AyrtonSennaGODsPilot wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Brazil 2004, IIRC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tamusz wrote:
AyrtonSennaGODsPilot wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Brazil 2004, IIRC.

And Willimas aint exactly a big team, at least not logistically or financially like Ferrari.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:36 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Yeah, Williams ceased to be a big team in terms of resources almost the exact time that their performance dropped off. Starting around 2003/04 they've been overtaken one by one by the car manufacturers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

I personally still think it's bloody impressive that they are still racing as competitively as they are now considering the amount of money the are up against. Does kinda suck when they almost get kinda blackmailed to run a certain driver in order to get engines etc throughout the season though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ospi wrote:
I personally still think it's bloody impressive that they are still racing as competitively as they are now considering the amount of money the are up against. Does kinda suck when they almost get kinda blackmailed to run a certain driver in order to get engines etc throughout the season though.

Well next year Toyota will give them a better driver.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
And Willimas aint exactly a big team, at least not logistically or financially like Ferrari.

perhaps not - but they are the 3rd most successful team in most areas of the sport - usually behind mclaren and ferrari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

ptclaus98 wrote:
Ospi wrote:

Well next year Toyota will give them a better driver.

And who may this be ?

And on another note, has it been mentioned that Ferrari dropped KERS for this weekend ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:18 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Quote:
Massa: It's not too late for title bid

By Simon Strang Thursday, April 16th 2009, 10:17 GMT

Felipe Massa, China, 2009Felipe Massa says it is not too late for Ferrari to compete for this year's world championships, but accepts that the team has a 'lot of work' to do following the International Court of Appeal's decision to allow the continued use of 'double-decker' diffusers.

Ferrari has suffered its least most competitive start to a season since 1992, and the team has accepted that it must develop a diffuser similar to those used by Brawn GP, Williams and Toyota if it is to fight for race wins in 2009.

"For sure it won't be easy," said Massa in China. "We need to work very hard, we have some teams which have a different car. It won't be so easy to catch them but I think it can be possible.

"I hope it won't be so late. I hope it will be in good time to fight for the championship still or to win some races. But anyway we will not give up. We work very hard and I believe we can improve the car a lot."

Massa added that the recent Ferrari restructure, which has seen Chris Dyer promoted to team manager and Luca Baldisserri moved to a factory-based role tasked with co-ordinating efforts between the race squad and Maranello, was brought about by its need to fast-track developments on the F60.

"Well now with the diffuser is another reason to push very hard at home, to try to anticipate our new parts, and to try to anticipate the diffuser which is a way to improve the car in a big way," explained the Brazilian. "So that's why we changed our organisation a little bit.

"We need more pushing at home, we need also a good organisation on the track, that was the decision.

"The reaction (to the diffuser ruling) is that we need to try to work very hard to anticipate our floor, to try to bring as quick as possible. It won't be easy because it is hard work to do. But the reaction is that we need to work as quickly as possible to improve the car."

Despite his point-less start to the season, Massa said his motivation was as high as ever and that he was determined to help Ferrari get its season back on track.

"The motivation is still there," he said. "The motivation to improve the car, to work very hard together with the team to make the car grow as quick as possible and the motivation to score points and so... I am still motivated to start a better championship."

You've got to admire his hopes :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

possible heavy rain for the race : http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1713

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

TBH I don't want rain this weekend. I think the new cars can pull a good show on dry conditions and i don't want the possibility of having another race shortened.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:48 pm 

Possibly heavy sunshine for this race aswell :o

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 654 Next