TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3038 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

yeah but WTCC sucks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

cambridge wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
I guess if you're guaranteed to meet drivers and get close to the cars then it's a pretty good deal. Just for comparison, I paid about $700 just for a Sunday ticket at Monaco a few years ago. Just for a good seat, no pit lane stuff. And about $700 for a 3 day pass at Spa last year. $500 to go in the pits sounds like a steal, but then your tickets seem amazing value. $60 for the weekend? Yes please!

Although you might be posting in Aussie dollars, and I have no idea how they compare to US. :p

calling this "a good deal" means being part of the total loss of contact with the real world that formula1 has become since so many years.

for 20€ some years ago i went to the WTCC+GT1 race in Monza: 2 wtcc races, 3h of GT1/2/3 racing and more supporting categories, Wonderful Cars, great drivers, a whole day of racing from the morning at 9 to the evening at 18: at that price you can sit wherever you want, you have free admittance to the paddock, a pitwalk, autographs with the drivers, if you,'re astute enough you can enter even the box or the pitlane. I had my book signed by Alex Zanardi, had a little chat with great drivers like Tarquini or Prialux wich seemed everything but annoyed or bored by the contact with the fans. To me this is the essence of motor racing.

So true, but the whole thing around the F1 weekend makes it worth it. I don´t know where you´re from, but should visit the German GP and stay on the campsite near the track for the whole weekend. I always stay from Wednesday untill Monday morning, it´s so much fun. Drink some beer, or maybe a lot :)... And do allmost everything you want to do, as long as you´ll leave other peoples properties as they are, you should be fine ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As I mentioned. I will be going to Silverstone. Which is better, standing or grandstand?

If grandstand then which one or corner would anyone recommend?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This was the view from Becketts from when I was there in 2010, I sat in most of the grandstands throughout the weekend and I felt this one had the best views. Also here's a really handy review my friend wrote from our trip http://trackreviewers.com/countries/uni ... tone-2010/

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:21 am 

Definitely grandstands, Club is one of the best but its fully booked now.
Stowe has quite good views as well as you get to see the cars for a decent amount of time. Hamilton usually does donuts after the race as well there for an added bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

I agree with both above. I had weekend grandstand tickets last year. Spent the race at Becketts and that was a great spot.
I loved club when watching the support races. If I went again it would be to club or Becketts. You want to be covered if possible, it rains a lot. Plus layers, with rain and wind last year it was very cold and miserable when no one was running on track.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Already got my tickets 3 weeks ago, that's early! Can't wait to go to Germany again :) Who else is going to Hockenheim?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll attend the race as well :D

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:15 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

Hello people!

I will be in Singapore from the 20th of September until the 26th. Pure coincidence, the Singapore GP falls exactly in the middle of that! And of course, I am thinking about going! I saw that I could get standing tickets for around 100€, and if I haven't blown all my money by then, I would like to do this once in a lifetime stuff (attending a F1 race is one thing, attending the Singapore GP is another thing!)

I would like to know if anyone ever went there, if yes, did you like it, do you have any recommendations? If not, where could I find informations, reviews and tips? Maybe photography opportunities also, or events during the week-end related to the race? I actually looked on the Internet, but I didn't find anything relevant or really useful, only website with generic info aiming at making me buy tickets...

Standing sections tickets offer access to zone 4 on this map: http://www.singaporegp.sg/ticket/ticket_map.php

More generally, is it worth getting tickets for Friday and Saturday as well? It's only 30€ more, but it might matter if I'm on a tight budget (I'll be spending one month in Australia after that, so I'll need every euro I can save!)...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
Already got my tickets 3 weeks ago, that's early! Can't wait to go to Germany again :) Who else is going to Hockenheim?

Right here ;)

And Spa as well ofcourse, I'm gonna miss it in 2013, so I really hope it's gonna be a cracker ;)

Francorchamps 4 ever ! 8)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:05 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow Singapore tickets exspensive! It's like they charge you for the concerts and other shit in your ticket price.
Some of the grandstands there have poor veiws of the track,the first turns seem like the best but are a few hundred $ more than Mtl.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I will not attend an F1 race in person this year. The same money would buy me a luxurious one-week holiday...

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Going to be at Monza again this year :) Last visit there was that soaking weekend in 2008...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:23 pm 
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion
2012 TBK-Light Fantasy Football Champion

caio89 wrote:
Planning to go to Hockenheim and Spa (but only either Friday or Saturday), maybe even Monza. Depends on what my friends want to do and whether I can arrange that with my exams/work.

Well, that was a bit over-ambitious. Will be going to Spa only, most likely for the Saturday. This time I will sure bring my raincoat and umbrella, can't believe how I went there last year without thinking of that! Guess I was too excited going there for the first time :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Has anyone got the full timetable for tr British Grand Prix at Silverstone?

Just want to sort out my train tickets soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yet to be released.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:44 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I was wondering the same about the German GP. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a timetable availible at the moment. The only thing I found was one from 2 years ago. It includes Formula BMW, a series from which I'm pretty sure it won't run because it doesn't excist anymore. Any information about a replacement? Perhaps the Mini Cooper challenge? Otherwise it's only GP3, GP2 and PSC, which isn't exactly a punishment but an extra addition is always welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:40 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
I was wondering the same about the German GP. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a timetable availible at the moment. The only thing I found was one from 2 years ago. It includes Formula BMW, a series from which I'm pretty sure it won't run because it doesn't excist anymore. Any information about a replacement? Perhaps the Mini Cooper challenge? Otherwise it's only GP3, GP2 and PSC, which isn't exactly a punishment but an extra addition is always welcome.

I think that's pretty much it :) Remember, the support events all have free practice, qualifying and 2 races (except for Porsches) to complete together with 4 hours of F1 free practice, qualifying hour and the GP itself. On Sunday you get the driver's parade and usually some stuntshow or demo with vintage cars, one time even with a dragster :)

It's still enough action to keep you entertained for 3 days ;) Only time there's no track action is between 12.30 and 14.00, but it gives you chance to grab some lunch or a drink or check out the F1 Merchandising Village :) Last year I got up and close with the GP3 and GP2-guys for an autograph, but to get near F1-drivers is nearly impossible and crazy work.

Therefore I sincerely hope they will do the Racetaxi-thing again on Thursday where a racedriver takes you on a lap at the track :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I know, you never get bored at an F1 event! And the reason for the big gaps between sessions if for compensating possible delays etc. At such a big event you have tons of broadcasters and they're not happy when their schedule is messed up.
But like I said before, sometimes there is a 5th like FBMW so it's possible;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:53 am 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
PLAYLIFE wrote:
It will be my 25th Australian Grand Prix, 9 in Adelaide and 16 in Melbourne!

That is awesome! Got any photos from the older races you've been to? :)

It's only taken me more than a year to reply... lol

I do actually, I have quite a few photos from 1985 in particular but have only scanned a handful. Also from 1989 too. I'll try and get them online one of these days.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3038 Next