TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2665 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:57 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Must've been a nightmare for FOM

Because Zhou's car looked so bad with the roll hoop failure, they certainly didn't want to get a shot of it on the broadcast until they knew if he was going to be OK, but also they wouldn't want to be showing this polava at T4 either, leaving them with so much of the track they couldn't film

"Well, WHAT'S LEFT!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They have a big red button labeled "CUT TO PADDOCK". Unfortunately it's also very warm and thus a good place for TV director's coffee mug.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they must be following the same guideline as other major sporting events, to steer away from general shots when streakers enter the pitch/track/court

so those protesters were more up to die for a cause because showing on TV wasn't an option

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What those videos highlight is just how lax the security/marshals were. There is absolutely no way that such a large group of people should have been able to easily breach the fences. A single individual? Yes I can see that, but not 5 people. That is a fail on Silverstone right there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
What those videos highlight is just how lax the security/marshals were. There is absolutely no way that such a large group of people should have been able to easily breach the fences. A single individual? Yes I can see that, but not 5 people. That is a fail on Silverstone right there.

Apparently Silverstone is not the only track with that problem...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/aust ... /10452358/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:43 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Philthy82 wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Apparently Silverstone is not the only track with that problem...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/aust ... /10452358/

A few people is nothing. Mexico in 1970 was over 150 thousand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haha yeah that post aged after one day. I expect next year to have about 1000 police staring down the crowd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So, Massa is thinking of taking the 2008 championship decision into court, because Bernie has come out and said he knew about Crashgate during the season but didn't act on it to avoid a scandal. If it had been publicly known during the season, the race would've been cancelled and Massa would've been champion.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mass ... /10453165/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And it´s hilarious to follow on social media, where Hamilton fans say that Massa should let it rest, or that he lost it in other races so he shouldn´t complain. But apply those arguments to 2021 and they lose their mind.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

is there any statute of limitations applied to motorsport?

anyway, might feel even harsh to Ferrari if he wins, their last title be one with an asterisk from 15 years ago

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Once the championship result is made official at the end of year awards ceremony there isn't. They said that much when Piquet admitted what he did.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For sure, you cannot say for sure (ok, I stop) Massa lost points in Singapore. Without the Crashgate he might have crashed himself and be out of the points anyway. We cannot know.

And if the results would have been nullified immediately after the race, leaving 78 points for Lewis and 77 for Massa, the following 3 race weekends would have turned out completely different, since both Hamilton and Massa (and McLaren and Ferrari) would have been even more motivated in championship fight and probably try different strategies. Maybe Hamilton would have been more careful at the start of Japanese GP and won it. Butterfly effect is unpredictable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder if they find out if one of the world champions were using doping like Lance Armstrong. In that case they get stripped off their titles without a new champion or the runner ups inherit the honors?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pretty sure Fangio was doing blow... Ain't no one coming to take those championships.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I don't understand the crashgate=Massa lost a championship arguments at all.

It was a technical failure to do with their red light system wasn't it? That would've happened if the pit stop was under yellow or green....
Even if it was an itchy trigger finger, again, not like a green flag pit stop is going to be any less pressured, it likely would've happened then too

Plus this ignores all the points Massa threw away on his own at Melbourne, Malaysia etc.

Maybe Felipe should try sueing god for making it wet at Silverstone for how fucking embarrasing he was that day.

Plus, if he gets anywhere with this, Lewis should then take action about the disgrace of the Spa 08 decision and put everything back on an even keel again

No, you can't unpick the thread of time, change one thing and everything else that follows it is different, in its own new universe that doesn't relate to our own.

There's simply no point unpicking this old wound, unless he has a book to promote or something like that....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If the 2008 Singapore GP was manipulated by obvious cheating by Renault, the race should have been cancelled and the results and therefor points deleted. Hamilton scored points, Massa didn´t, so if Hamilton lost points he would be 2nd in the final standings, behind Massa.

That´s the Massa logic. Not mine, just explaining the reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thing is that pitstop was only because of that crash, but there's nothing that say it would/n't have happened at a stop under a green flag stop. It's all what if's.

That 'win' of Alonso's will always be tainted and their reasonings for wanting to make sure they got that win went out the window any way when he promptly won the next race.

Plus it's on what Bernie said about it 'being known' during the season and we all know how much shit he can be full of.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:
Thing is that pitstop was only because of that crash, but there's nothing that say it would/n't have happened at a stop under a green flag stop. It's all what if's.

That 'win' of Alonso's will always be tainted and their reasonings for wanting to make sure they got that win went out the window any way when he promptly won the next race.

Plus it's on what Bernie said about it 'being known' during the season and we all know how much shit he can be full of.

I actually wouldn't be surprised that Bernie and/or Mosley knew about it before the end of the season. It's possible that Piquet tried to turn himself in but was convinced not to before he left.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If the same mistake had been made at the scheduled pitstop, the loss of track position would have been much less severe.

The point of Felipe taking this action is quite straightforward - Bernie has claimed that he and Max knew the race was fixed at the time and said nothing. If he is telling the truth, then the FIA failed to run the 2008 championship according to their own rulebook, probably to the detriment of Massa and Ferrari as a whole. So he is looking for compensation.

Imagine if it were to come out a few years from now that Masi's actions at Abu Dhabi were deliberately targeted against Hamilton and Mercedes? Would anyone object to them suing the FIA in that scenario?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder if Masi's NDA has an expiry date.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1298 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2665 Next