TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2381 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Please show us your credentials in psychology before you venture into any more thoughts about the human mind.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if Fernando Alonso was a finn, he would be seen as the greatest driver in history

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:10 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
Sadly it seems that yes a lot of people latch onto something minor and trivial and get carried away with things.

But at the same time it seems the western world as a whole has forgotten how to process that sometimes some people are just dick heads.

We have all met those people (I'm sure many have thought this about me) that for no particular reason that you can articulate you just think "what a dick head". That is Lewis for me. I'm sure he is probably a lovely guy in private, but I don't know him so all I can go by is what I see.

I am however NOT one of "those" dick heads that say he is shit, or hate him because he is successful. On the contrary the man is stupidly and ridiculously talented. I loved Fernando Alonso but half of F1 fans also just think "what a dick head".

It's OK to just say that you think some people are dick heads. I'm sure many on this forum probably think the same of me....might be a grain of truth to that though haha

I don't see Lewis as being a Dick Head, but I do see him as someone who has put all aspects of his life on hold for his F1 dream, and now he's made it as a driver he is a bit over his head, celebrity wise, and it leads him to making some poor choices
But deep down I sense he's a bit of a dull guy from stevenage who has made it big and doesn't know how to handle himself in the world of celebs

Don't forget (imagine if you could lol) he is Black, in a world where any time he mentions it he gets accused of playing the race card.
But it does mean his reference points and cultural heroes are going to be different to your average nerdy white guy who, unless he wants to sit around talking about why Gilles Villenueve was such a hero in a shitbox ferrari or the data and statistics of the 1983 season, then they're going to react disdainfully when he posts about leaving the house, let alone what celeb girl he's entangled with this time

His Dog's pretty cool though, we should hear more about Roscoe here tbh

In the end, it doesn't matter. He's a driver, all we should care about is what he does from Friday-Sunday of a race weekend when he has his helmet on. I couldn't give too much of a toss what he does as a person so long as he keeps delivering.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Please show us your credentials in psychology before you venture into any more thoughts about the human mind.

I'm a keyboard warrior on the Internet, that instantly makes me an expert.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Whatever the success is it comes with a price, I think you need a bit of a character to reach the necessary goals. Psychopaths are experts in being ruthless and goal-oriented. Maybe nice humble guys with a bit of entrepreneurship could create a winning formula in the past, and probably still can. But when you look around at the succesful individuals regardless of industry, trade or business that's not usually the case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why can't we just watch sport and hate the guy who is always winning? (Or in case of Vettel: hate the guy who is always whining).

I never liked Schumacher again after Jerez 97, I didn't like Alonso in 2005 (It changed in 2006 because he was beating Schumacher), I liked Hamilton in 2007 when he was the fresh rookie beating everyone's ass from the start, I hate him since he is winning everything in Mercedes. I cheered for Vettel in 2009, I hated him by the end of 2010.

But what I really hate is when drivers start to think that they are the best ever, when in F1 you don't win because you are the best, you win because you have the best car. As humble and "team-playing" they like to sound on the radio when they cross the line, they tend to think that they are great and blessed and that makes them arrogant and I don't like that. Stay humble. Yes you work very hard, yes you are in the best car because they wanted you and not someone else, but maybe Sainz or Hülkenberg or Ricciardo is a way better driver than you but we'll never know as they will never be in the best car.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I always support against the last year's champion because the best scenario is the one we had from 1961-1985 when nobody repeated their last year glory

is funny that Vettel revealed to be such a whiner, back when he was winning everything the press was trying to find something bad about him and they couldn't find it, until the multi 21 incident obviously and after 2014 it became clear that he's just like another driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ferrari are beating a hasty retreat over their Marlboro Winnow branding. The name has disappeared from the entry list, the logos have been airbrushed out of the driver photos on the F1 website, and now they have reached an agreement with the Australian GP Corporation not to put the stickers on the car in Melbourne.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Ferrari failing on all fronts then.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Ferrari are beating a hasty retreat over their Marlboro Winnow branding. The name has disappeared from the entry list, the logos have been airbrushed out of the driver photos on the F1 website, and now they have reached an agreement with the Australian GP Corporation not to put the stickers on the car in Melbourne.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with smoking so thats why we are removing it really quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
I always support against the last year's champion because the best scenario is the one we had from 1961-1985 when nobody repeated their last year glory

is funny that Vettel revealed to be such a whiner, back when he was winning everything the press was trying to find something bad about him and they couldn't find it, until the multi 21 incident obviously and after 2014 it became clear that he's just like another driver

He lost it for me in 2010 with the crash with Webber in Turkey, and the crash with Button in Spa. Both rookie mistakes of his, both times denying any blame for it.

And also, nobody's whining as long as they are winning. It's when not everything is going as they want anymore, that the whining begins. Hamilton has his share in this as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:

Vettel picture still features the Mission Winnow

I hope they get rid of that soon. That logo is ugly and make Ferrari look like a small team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The ones on Charles' photos have been. Maybe it's an age thing.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:32 pm 

Apparantly Ferrari and Mercedes refused to take part in the Netflix drive not to fatalz docu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
Apparantly Ferrari and Mercedes refused to take part in the Netflix drive not to fatalz docu

Ferrari was the same old boring team they are. And Mercedes came with a 'OMG WE ARE FIGHTING FOR TITLE SO NO'

It's a shame, but I think they can do a lot with last season stuff. Amazon did something similar with 'All or Nothing' for NFL and it was worth watching even when they followed a mid-table team.

And they are working hard on the series for this season. There was a massive team filming the tests in Barcelona.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:34 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I dunno, the top 2 teams eat up a lions share of the coverage over the season, it's almost better to have a retrospective of 2018 airing now that lets us know what the other teams were up to

If you'd got the 2018 season review, for example, you'd be hard pushed to know there were more than 3 teams in the sport.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Winnow stickers will be back on the car for Bahrain according to Rencken.

With the EU's interest in investigating the branding, I can see it ending up much like the actual Marlboro logos did, with the stickers off the car more frequently than they are on. Which then begs the question - what is the point?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
Winnow stickers will be back on the car for Bahrain according to Rencken.

With the EU's interest in investigating the branding, I can see it ending up much like the actual Marlboro logos did, with the stickers off the car more frequently than they are on. Which then begs the question - what is the point?

well, we're talking about it arent we? They already reached a goal.

Ironically, this could mean that Rich Energy isnt the first big sponsor to be dropped in the middle of this season :whistling:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The point is that tobacco companies currently make most their money in developing countries, not in the "western" world where smoking is declining and out of fashion. Having the ability to advertise even if just for half the season is a win for them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Seems fair enough. Although it then seems odd that they stopped using even the blank chevron and the barcode when they did.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 2381 Next