TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 554 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:09 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

In 2007 the track was supposed to be flattened and ended up being slightly damp so I've not got great faith in the Chinese weather forecasts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

MSN says sunny spells on all three days
BBC say sunny intervals 17-20C

although they don't take smog into account

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1713

Flick the map over to Sunday using the scroller at the bottom and tell me what the weather forecast is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

djomp wrote:
Anyone know what may happen if Brawn/Williams/Toyota are excluded from Australia & Malaysia? Do the results get altered, or do these teams just lose their points? Any precedence set from the past?

If points get changed we'd have
Quote:
1. Alonso 11.5
2. Heidfeld 9
3. Buemi 8
4. Bourdais 8
5. Webber 6
6. Sutil 5
7. Hamilton 3
8. Fisichella 3
9. Massa 2.5
10. Piquet 1
11. Vettel 1
12. Raikonen 0.5

1. Torro Rosso 16
2. Renault 12.5
3. BMW 9
4. Force India 8
5. Red Bull 7
6. McLaren 3
7. Ferrari 3

otherwise if they just lose their points it would be

Quote:
1. Heidfeld 4
2. Alonso 4
3. Buemi 2
4. Webber 1.5
5. Hamilton 1
6. Bourdais 1

1. BMW 4
2. Renault 4
3. Torro Rosso 3
4. Red Bull 1.5
5. McLaren 1

I think it's kinda obvious that the results will stand, and it would be outrageous if they do the opposite, but Toro Rosso leading the championship would be awesome. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 pm 

I believe the results will stand, sinec I believe the cars are legal, but as a matter of point, I always feel that if someone is DQ'ed, everyone should get moved up as the classification is how the legal cars finished and if someone was illegal, I just don't feel it would be fair to say B finished 2nd if A finished 1st, but with an ilegal car.

I know some people don't lie seeing the "wrong guy" spraying the champagne, but I'd rather see the right result, even it means changing the result a few hours later.

I always believe that was part of the problem with Fuelgate 18 months ago. Had it happened earlier in the season, I think the stewards would have probably DQ'ed the cars involved, but it seems that the sport didn't want to change the result because of the greater rammifications it had.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1713

Flick the map over to Sunday using the scroller at the bottom and tell me what the weather forecast is.

red flag anyone? :yuk:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not likely. ;)

What that map is an overall summary of what the weather will be that day. It is going to rain at some point on the Sunday of the race. It is almost certain that rain will fall between 3pm and 5pm local time. How heavy will it be? We can't tell. But it might be nothing more than showers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

djomp wrote:
Anyone know what may happen if Brawn/Williams/Toyota are excluded from Australia & Malaysia? Do the results get altered, or do these teams just lose their points? Any precedence set from the past?

Quote:
1. Alonso 11.5
2. Heidfeld 9
3. Buemi 8
4. Bourdais 8
5. Webber 6
6. Sutil 5
7. Hamilton 3
8. Fisichella 3
9. Massa 2.5
10. Piquet 1
11. Vettel 1
12. Raikonen 0.5

1. Torro Rosso 16
2. Renault 12.5
3. BMW 9
4. Force India 8
5. Red Bull 7
6. McLaren 3
7. Ferrari 3

Quote:
1. Heidfeld 4
2. Alonso 4
3. Buemi 2
4. Webber 1.5
5. Hamilton 1
6. Bourdais 1

1. BMW 4
2. Renault 4
3. Torro Rosso 3
4. Red Bull 1.5
5. McLaren 1

I like these :) either would do, send it to Bernie LOL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

fisher2007 wrote:
Beezle wrote:
I''m going there. Hope the weatehr will be fine. :wave:

enjoy your trip in shanghai :wave:
BTW:This year's chinese GP has no sponsor. Sinopec has pulled out because of the economic crisis.

Thank you, but it's not a trip, it's an internship in a town near Shanghai. :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 am 
thedoctor46 wrote:
djomp wrote:

Quote:
1. Alonso 11.5
2. Heidfeld 9
3. Buemi 8
4. Bourdais 8
5. Webber 6
6. Sutil 5
7. Hamilton 3
8. Fisichella 3
9. Massa 2.5
10. Piquet 1
11. Vettel 1
12. Raikonen 0.5

1. Torro Rosso 16
2. Renault 12.5
3. BMW 9
4. Force India 8
5. Red Bull 7
6. McLaren 3
7. Ferrari 3

Quote:
1. Heidfeld 4
2. Alonso 4
3. Buemi 2
4. Webber 1.5
5. Hamilton 1
6. Bourdais 1

1. BMW 4
2. Renault 4
3. Torro Rosso 3
4. Red Bull 1.5
5. McLaren 1

I like these :) either would do, send it to Bernie LOL

I hope for Brawn,Toyota and Williams that the diffusers are legal. But in my case I hope that they're illegal. Because Renault would make a huge jump then. Look what I've just found on gpupdate :

gpupdate wrote:
Ross Brawn has been heavily criticized by Ferrari's lawyer following Tuesday's hearing in Paris over diffusers. On leaving the FIA International Court of Appeal (ICA), Nigel Tozzi QC explained how Brawn - affectively a former client from Ferrari - has presented his case with 'supreme arrogance'.

With the FIA's ultimate decision on the 'double-decker diffusers' run by three teams due on Wednesday afternoon, eight of the ten teams attended the court on Tuesday morning as Brawn, Williams and Toyota came under fire from Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and BMW as McLaren took an observing role.

"Only a person of supreme arrogance would think he is right, when so many of his esteemed colleagues would disagree," The Telegraph reported Tozzi as saying about Brawn. With the Brawn GP diffusers containing a space in the middle section, the team claims to have taken advantage of the regulations by presenting the component as two parts, as opposed to one singular area. "Anyone with a command of English will tell you it is a hole," Tozzi continued. "Do not let someone attempting to be clever with words defeat the express purpose of the rules."

Ironically, Tozzi is effectively directing the comments at a former client, with Brawn having been an employee of Ferrari during the spy scandal involving the Italian team and McLaren in 2007. "The appeal is not because we have not made the most of an opportunity, but because Brawn, Toyota and Williams have not acted within the regulations," Tozzi went on.

The general feeling remains that, as the devices have already been cleared by FIA-appointed stewards and technicians on four occasions, the sport's governing body will stand by its view; Tozzi, however, continued to express how both the FIA and delegate Charlie Whiting have been "getting it wrong and not understanding the point".

Andrew Ford, legal representative for Renault, also expressed his dissatisfaction over the FIA's conducting of the situation, claiming that Toyota's device closely resembles an outlawed Renault part of 2008. "It is not that Renault missed the boat," claimed Ford. "It is because the FIA said it was illegal - it was at that point the diffuser was abandoned."

The FIA's decision on the diffusers, very much the talking point of 2009, is expected later today; in the unexpected event of the devices being banned, the results of the first two races would be dramatically changed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've usually stood by Ferrari up till now, but my god they really are a bunch of whiney bitches. It's a shame I've pretty much stopped supporting them now, but it's a completely different team from the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:
I've usually stood by Ferrari up till now, but my god they really are a bunch of whiney bitches. It's a shame I've pretty much stopped supporting them now, but it's a completely different team from the Schumacher/Brawn/Todt days.

exactly my thoughts. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

same for McLaren, they also went downhill afther Kimi left (I don't say it has to do with kimi leaving, but that's when the shit started comming for that team)

now I suport... who ever deserves it the most :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:02 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Shaddix wrote:
same for McLaren, they also went downhill afther Kimi left (I don't say it has to do with kimi leaving, but that's when the shit started comming for that team)

performance-wise not. Political-wise yes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If Ferrari where the ones with this diffuser, I'm pretty sure they would have handled it just as Brawn has. Tell everyone tuff shit, suck it up and just admit they weren't as clever as brawn when they interpreted the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tobias wrote:
Shaddix wrote:

performance-wise not. Political-wise yes.

yes indeed

but I rather have a nice midfield mclaren then a frontrow mclaren wich lies and cheats

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumifan wrote:

so you like the bunch of cheating wankers more than the less cheating more mistake ridden, likeable guys of today?

I dont understand how anyone can like Todt/Brawn over Domenicalli. Those two were dreadful competition wise. Do people forget this is the same Ross Brawn who had the audacity to call Montoya "unclassy" because he had the balls to pass and embarass Michael round the outside of a corner he shouldnt have been passed out!

Selective memories some have.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Magnifico wrote:
so you like the bunch of cheating wankers more than the less cheating more mistake ridden, likeable guys of today?

Yes.

Schumacher/Todt/Brawn brought what was pretty much a joke of team to a point of domination rarely seen in this sport. You don't do that by being a "cheating wanker", you do that through skill. I'm by no means saying they were perfect, but I admire that much more than the fannying around and whinging we're seeing from Ferrari at the moment.

You can carry on telling me who I should like and who I shouldn't as much as you want, but you're not going to get anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Brawn was a little bit jealous that he wasn't working with Montoya as I see it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sure :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 554 Next