TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 540 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
Question to US viewers - do ESPN show the full Sky post-race show, or do they cut it off after the podium?

depends on the week

they stayed on air last week after Jeddah & didn't broadcast half of a college basketball game (featuring UNC - which is a major basketball school that typically makes the final four more times than not) last Sunday to show post race coverage. Saw quite a bit of bitching on Twitter (mainly from folks in my region) to say the least

ESPN however has done the reverse to racing a billion times as well (used to joke that they would pre-empt NHRA coverage for tape delayed poker at 2AM; there's been NASCAR races with 100+ laps missed due to post game coverage after a college football game, IndyCar - too many to count)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Omega wrote:
The downside of this championship being decided in the last race, is that after this Sunday until the end of times, people will say that driver X only won it because of what happened in Bahrain/Imola/Baku/France/Silverstone/ Budapest/Spa/Monza/Brazil/Saudi Arabia (1), and that therefore driver Y deserved it more.

(1) Delete where applicable

It will be Spa that decides it. The others have cancelled each other out.

Yeah, no. I made a calculation some time ago that without the controversial things taking place, Verstappen would have been about 40 points ahead. If you count them all. Which fans won't do, because they will only pick one out. Like they did for example in 2016 (Malaysia cost him the title!!!! :cry: ), and which you will do until the end of times with Spa if Verstappen wins it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Breaking news: in an attempt to appease the fans, FIA has decided that the championship will be entirely made of time attack events, with one car allowed on track. You get offered a second run in case of mechanical failure. Track is strictly controlled for wind, temperature and water level to guarantee equal chances.

This way, no controversy will ever happen, and only the truly deserving driver will get the title.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Breaking news: in an attempt to appease the fans, FIA has decided that the championship will be entirely made of time attack events, with one car allowed on track. You get offered a second run in case of mechanical failure. Track is strictly controlled for wind, temperature and water level to guarantee equal chances.

This way, no controversy will ever happen, and only the truly deserving driver will get the title.

Time attack, one car allowed on track...sounds like rallying!
Luckily there's already an event to decide the champion, aptly named Race of Champions :p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:23 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I keep seeing rumours that Channel 4 is negociating with Sky Sports to show this race live on Free To Air, but I can't see it happening

Sky might take the view that enticing new fans for 2022 is a good idea to grow their subscriptions in the future, but when have they ever done anything for the good of the sport? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The French pay channel (Canal+) does that. They aired a few races on one of their free channels: French GP of course, and some of the evening races like Brazil and US.

You don't get the full coverage and the "iconic" commentators (including Monsieur Jacques Villeneuve), but given how spectacular this season has been it probably more than pays for itself in new subscribers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A deal has been reached to show the race on C4. Unfortunately, they will be taking Sky's commentary during the race itself.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:20 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Breaking news, Red Bull and Mercedes disqualified for running illegal cars (actually had V12 engines in them omg)

Now it's a 3 way battle for the championship between LeClerc, Nando Lorris and Carloos. Only 8.5 points separate them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
A deal has been reached to show the race on C4. Unfortunately, they will be taking Sky's commentary during the race itself.
Sweepstakes on how many times Croft will mention how great Sky is during the race?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:28 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:

I mean if this was last year during Ben Edwards' time, I'd be annoyed

Now it's Alex "Question Talker" Jaques and Red Bull company Man DC, I'm not that fussed

Crofty needed replacing about 5 years ago but at least you get Martin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NaturalParadigm/status/1468689712739147789[/tweet]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No way this sequence of events was purely accidental. I'm now 100% convinced whoever was making NASCAR competition decisions 10 years ago has taken a top-secret role at the FIA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"And look at that! How, and no see that's [Hamilton/Verstappen]! That is [Lewis Hamilton/Max Verstappen] and the tyre absolutely shattered, he's fighting for control and you can see what happened, [Hamilton/Verstappen] is out of the race; now this could change and it WILL change the world championship"

RIP Murray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ironic post from F1. Do you think such a battle is still possible nowadays? Or if you're in Jenson's position you just roll off the brakes, cut the chicane, force Vettel to do the same, let the head steward tell you what to do with it, try to strategically play it to stay ahead, cause a collision, get the penalty for cutting anyway, and then bitch about not being allowed to race and this farce being all about penalties rather than "racing"?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Ironic post from F1. Do you think such a battle is still possible nowadays? Or if you're in Jenson's position you just roll off the brakes, cut the chicane, force Vettel to do the same, let the head steward tell you what to do with it, try to strategically play it to stay ahead, cause a collision, get the penalty for cutting anyway, and then bitch about not being allowed to race and this farce being all about penalties rather than "racing"?

Jenson was very gentlemanly there. Highly doubt we'll see that driving standard this weekend. Probably more along the lines of what you described, but with one change. You wouldn't want to cut the chicane after rolling off the brakes. Just brake late enough to force the other guy to cut the chicane and pass you off track, cause you know the position would need to be handed back. If you cut the chicane yourself, very unlikely race control would ask the other guy to give up the position (unless he took a substantial lasting advantage).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NaturalParadigm/status/1468689712739147789[/tweet]

Ohhhh I like it...alot.

The dream scenario......Bottas takes pole, Max tries to biff Hamilton off at first corner, damages car and falls to the back, then spends rest of the race trying to get back into the points and fastest lap. Hamilton's tyre goes kaboom over the curb, limps back into the pits and comes out just infront of Max with 1 lap to go and............

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The FIA doing their level best to ensure that this ends up being decided in a courtroom.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/masi ... i/6866624/

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I want to know who´s the 2021 champion the moment the checkered flag is waved, not hours or days later!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so the 2021 champion will be the asterisk

whoever wins it will have the honor to place one next to his name, just like the 1981 Indy 500

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:

Any word on whether C4 will be showing qualifying live too, or just the race? It's a shame to have to put up with Crofty when Alex Jacques and DC are better, but I'll still take this as a big win.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 540 Next