TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1149 150 151 152 153261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Overheard a couple of interesting things today which I'll tell you guys a bit later. I also have a greater understanding of how a major magazine operates and how foolish the idea of me single handedly reporting from Silverstone for F1Zone was!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

phil1993 wrote:
kals wrote:
Once D'Ambrosio is officially announced I reckon he will do a reasonable job, something akin to Marc Gene at Monza in 2003 when he replaced Ralf Schumacher.

Shameful plug alert:

If you want to read the best and worst F1 replacements, buy this week's Autosport, with that little segment compiled by yours truly.

Can I be the annoying pedant and point out that Hockenheim wasn't Salo's debut at Ferrari. :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Oooh, tell, tell!

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

Silver Member
Silver Member

Oooh, tell, tell!

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

ryan86 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
kals wrote:
Once D'Ambrosio is officially announced I reckon he will do a reasonable job, something akin to Marc Gene at Monza in 2003 when he replaced Ralf Schumacher.

Shameful plug alert:

If you want to read the best and worst F1 replacements, buy this week's Autosport, with that little segment compiled by yours truly.

Can I be the annoying pedant and point out that Hockenheim wasn't Salo's debut at Ferrari. :p

I remember that one. Salo should have won that one. It was sensational to see how good he was. Then followed Hungary where he qualified 17th if I recall correctly and had a stinker of a race. :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:46 pm 

My overriding memory of Schumacher's broken leg was watching the race at a bar in Rhodes. When Schumacher went off all the Germans left. At least my chips came quicker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ryan86 wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
kals wrote:

Shameful plug alert:

Can I also be annoying and point out that Phil has a penchant for the word "rusty"! :p

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 pm 
The most anticipated member

I'm so making a party If Ferrari replaces Massa for Hulkenberg, no doubt one of the happiest news brazilian racing fans may have in a long, long time.

Why? It would even be offensive If we saw Ferrari renewing a contract with Massa!!! The question is WHY renew a contract, like it's a prize, an award to a driver who haven't done absolutely nothing to fight for his place, for his driving and etc. We're not talking about "bad luck" anymore, this phase of "bad luck" has gone away!!! "Ohhh Massa had a bad weekend", bulshit!!!

Massa is permanetly bad, specially on the Pirelli era. You know, people here are in high expectations for this news to be confirmed. Even Globo TV has given its opinion on the "between the lines" during Belgium Grand Prix live coverage and it look like to me they're also convinced Massa must be removed from Ferrari, perhaps from F1! Patience has its limits, brazilian fans are no patient anymore with drivers like that. The question is not winning races or getting podiums, the questions is to be sincere with himself and everybody and say "Look, I'm not good...my time has gone, that's all".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

J.Morelli wrote:
The question is WHY renew a contract.

Ferrari sell a lot of cars to South America (apparently) so until an alternative, better, more marketable guy willing to bend over for his team mate comes along, Massa will likely get the nod.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:14 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I don't see Hamilton taking that big of gamble by leaving McLaren for Mercedes. Suppose Hamilton does end up at Mercedes in 2013. While Ferrari is only looking at short term (1-2 years) replacement for Massa. Any chance of Schumacher to Ferrari?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You're having a laugh right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
J.Morelli wrote:
The question is WHY renew a contract.

Ferrari sell a lot of cars to South America (apparently) so until an alternative, better, more marketable guy willing to bend over for his team mate comes along, Massa will likely get the nod.

I believe Santander is even more interested in keeping Massa linked to Ferrari than the own manufacturer itself. Besides FIAT, the owner of Ferrari, being sales leader in Brazil, this is one of the few places where Santander still holds profits despite the economic crisis.

I'd rather seeing Bruno Senna taking the seat (despite all the wanking that would come from that) but unfortunately that doesn't look likely, even considering the sponsors' logic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If Ferrari keeps Massa because of sponsordemand they should be honest about it.

"We know Massa is utter crap but our Sponsors, looking at you Santander and Fiat, demanded him to stay. Therefor we had to keep him. Also, we negotiated new terms with Santander and Fiat. If we loose another WCC because of Massa's inability both sponsors will still pay the WCC bonus."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Quote:
It's highly probable that Robert Kubica will make a start in the San Martino di Castrozza rally in Italy. As yet, Kubica's co-driver has not confirmed this information, but we have learned that Kubica also had tests in a Subaru Impreza WRC car.

The latest edition of Autosprint magazine has reported that Robert Kubica was recently in Belgium, where he was testing a Subaru Impreza WRC car. The article states that shifting gears and the steering wheel suited him perfectly, although he still does not have full mobility in his right elbow.

Furthermore, Autosprint also wrote that Kubica will probably be driving in the San Martino di Castrozza rally in Italy, piloting an Impreza S12B.

Today it was confirmed by one of Kubica's closest friends that he will take part in the rally in Subaru Impreza WRC.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

Can I also be annoying and point out that Phil has a penchant for the word "rusty"! :p

Most of what I wrote was re-written :(

Right, I'm 90% sure Perez is at Ferrari in 2013, with Massa out. It's done.

Gut feeling means Pic goes to Sauber, Kamui stays and Max Chilton (urgh) to Marussia.

Nothing more on Lewis/Mercedes, but I wouldn't put it past him. Someone suggested that Lewis was bipolar. It seemed an odd thing to say, but these are guys who have seen him a lot. And from my own little bit of experience, it sort of resonates...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

.....and completely out of leftfield I present to you

Autosport.com wrote:
Robert Kubica still hopes that he will be fit enough to return to Formula 1 in the future - but admits he still has a long way to go before he will know if that target is achievable.

The Pole is returning to competitive action this weekend in a Subaru WRC car at the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana Rally in Italy, which he sees as an important step in his rehabilitation programme.

Although well aware that he has not yet recovered enough function in his wrist to be able to drive an F1 car, Kubica has faith that matters will improve in the future.

"Obviously I would have preferred to come back somewhere else, but this is a more active phase in my rehabilitation path," he said in an interview with Italian television channel SkySport24.

"The hope is to be able to return where I was before [F1], and it's already a nice goal for me. But to be here in Biella is obviously emotional after 20-21 difficult months.

"Let's hope we can enjoy ourselves, without looking at stage times because in the end it's a matter of re-establishing the way of driving and helping the arm to recover better.

"Having been a driver for 20 years, my body is accustomed to certain things, and I can feel these things only while I drive, so we'll see."

Speaking specifically about his chances of making a return to F1, Kubica said: "I haven't set any percentages or deadlines for myself. Nowadays, as I said before, I'm happy to be here.

"In life sometimes you have to be content with less than what you would really like; and that time is now. However I say I'm happy to be here, I think it's a fine goal.

"I can't tell you what the future holds because I don't honestly know myself.

"Obviously I will do everything in order to be in full activity next year. These months I will decide what I will do, because I've done various tests on the track with high-performance cars, but I need to decide myself what to do, what I would like best, and see whether the F1 objective is reachable or not.

"For sure what I'm doing next year will be with a view on the future, maybe 2014, but honestly I'm not thinking of it.

"What's certain is that I'm participating here, at the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana, and then there's an 85-90 per cent chance I'll be at the start at San Martino di Castrozza with the same car [next weekend], and then we'll see."

I suppose where there is a will there is a way. Although I'm more of a believer that hope is not a strategy.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He barely moves his right elbow/hand on a video I've seen though, which isn't promising.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Just saw Robin Frijns being confirmed for the young driver test for Sauber. That's good news for the Netherlands :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fermani2 wrote:
Just saw Robin Frijns being confirmed for the young driver test for Sauber. That's good news for the Netherlands :)

Pretty awesome indeed. A team like Sauber would be an awesome start for him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ian-S wrote:
kals wrote:
So I was just thinking, after Sunday's race... which teams has Maldonado NOT hit so far this year? He's pretty much gone through most of the grid so I'm wondering if this is correct...?

- Red Bull - none
- McLaren - Hamilton, Valencia
- Ferrari - none
- Lotus - Grosjean, Australia
- Sauber - Perez, Monaco and Silverstone
- Force India - Di Resta, Hungary
- Toro Rosso - none
- Caterham - none
- HRT - De La Rosa, Monaco
- Marussia - Glock, Spa

Am I missing anything?

He hasn't hit the safety car yet.

He hasn't hit a Williams yet either....

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1149 150 151 152 153261 Next