TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
I don't personally believe that Nico's recovery has been based on his strength. Well, for sure, in Singapore he was dominant, but in Spa it was the penalty what costed Hamilton and in Monza the start. Nico hasn't beated Hamilton in a straight battle since Austin '15 (excluding the mistake), I don't consider that in a face-to-face fight he'll be the one winning. With this said, I wish Rosberg would win this championship.

And how do you see the races where Hamilton won after Rosberg had a poor start? That was a straight battle win for Hamilton?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just wish the whole Mercedes team wasn't such a pussy when it comes to PR and their obsession with displaying that clean image of harmony. Many times, you can feel that both drivers have a lot to say (especially regarding their incidents), but they either smile and say some generality or grit their teeth and move on.

30 years ago, you'd have drivers punching each other in the face right there in the gravel trap, or after the finish, for much less than all that already happened between the two since 2014. I mean, come on, not even a screaming match?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Regiotap wrote:
And how do you see the races where Hamilton won after Rosberg had a poor start? That was a straight battle win for Hamilton?
Nope, that's a win but withouth fight or face-to-face battling. I mean Canada, Austria; the only weakness of Nico Rosberg is when it's time to pull on a lunge.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
Nope, that's a win but withouth fight or face-to-face battling. I mean Canada, Austria; the only weakness of Nico Rosberg is when it's time to pull on a lunge.

In fairness, how many times did Prost beat Senna in a 'face-to-face' on-track fight? Prost was absolutely not a strong overtaker, and we all acknowledge him as one of the greats. Would this really spoil a Rosberg championship?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Like @
Coldtyre
said, they *really* do not like each other. Compared to these two, Schumacher/Alonso or Schumacher/Hill was barely passive-aggressive.

Do they really "not like eachother" or is it just the usual inter-team rivalry turned up to 11? They raced against eachother through the feeder categories and got along fairly well or at least didn't have a notable rivalry until they joined Mercedes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:

In fairness, how many times did Prost beat Senna in a 'face-to-face' on-track fight? Prost was absolutely not a strong overtaker, and we all acknowledge him as one of the greats. Would this really spoil a Rosberg championship?

nope, no way

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Like @
Coldtyre
said, they *really* do not like each other. Compared to these two, Schumacher/Alonso or Schumacher/Hill was barely passive-aggressive.

Do they really "not like eachother" or is it just the usual inter-team rivalry turned up to 11? They raced against eachother through the feeder categories and got along fairly well or at least didn't have a notable rivalry until they joined Mercedes.

I have honestly never seen two drivers actively refuse to use each others' names so often, nor to literally avoid eye contact when standing around each other. Obviously my memory is not infallible here!

They were definitely friends when they started out together at Mercedes, and this was probably propped up by how long and how closely they know each other, but I really do think it has sunk to new depths in the last year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah it's hard to imagine that they will ever appreciate a good fight on track like they did after their race in Bahrain '14.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:57 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
The English media would love your comparison, Senna = Hamilton (the talent) & Prost = Rosberg (≈ the cheater). Anyway, although I believe that Lewis has a natural racing gift that Rosberg hasn't, he's always the naughty boy and behaves like a pimp, so I'm with Rosberg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I don't recall Rosberg as a cheater, he got even more penalties than Hamilton while fighting for championship. I mean, no help from FIA like Prost had

I guess Rosberg runs more like a Fittipaldi, more hard working and cautious. He's not like a racing genius, but a title for him would be well deserved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:34 pm 

I'd like Rosberg to win just to have a different World Champion, and it would make it less tedious than having the same driver winning each year.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
The English media would love your comparison, Senna = Hamilton (the talent) & Prost = Rosberg (≈ the cheater). Anyway, although I believe that Lewis has a natural racing gift that Rosberg hasn't, he's always the naughty boy and behaves like a pimp, so I'm with Rosberg.

Oh, it wasn't a literal comparison! Just pointing out that Prost's lack of racecraft relative to his main rival didn't make him less of a champion.

Plus Lewis only wishes he was on Senna's level :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
2UncleanerLake53 wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:

Oh, it wasn't a literal comparison! Just pointing out that Prost's lack of racecraft relative to his main rival didn't make him less of a champion.

Do you even know what you are talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
2UncleanerLake53 wrote:

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Please educate me, person who does a poor job at concealing their wish to educate me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Prost won a championship he arguably shouldn't have won in 86 through staying in the hunt in an underpowered car, was renowned for knowing when to push and get the maximum out of his tires (the same tire and lift and coast debate has been going on for 30 odd years lol) and wasn't called the Professor for nothing.

Granted he wasn't as ruthless as Senna was in the wet or overtaking back markers, but then again to the best of my knowledge he wasn't the one that threw away race victories in getting tangled up with back markers when he should have waited.

Senna was the out and out racer to which there is no doubt, but Prost was the thinking man's driver who was pretty damn close to the speed of Senna.

Prost's main failing much like Rosbergs is that he was/is kinda boring and was/is paired against someone that has more charisma and divides opinion more (I actually think Rosberg is a very good driver that doesn't get as much credit as he should). So actually in a round about way your comparison is actually pretty correct!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Prost won a championship he arguably shouldn't have won in 86 through staying in the hunt in an underpowered car, was renowned for knowing when to push and get the maximum out of his tires (the same tire and lift and coast debate has been going on for 30 odd years lol) and wasn't called the Professor for nothing.

Granted he wasn't as ruthless as Senna was in the wet or overtaking back markers, but then again to the best of my knowledge he wasn't the one that threw away race victories in getting tangled up with back markers when he should have waited.

Senna was the out and out racer to which there is no doubt, but Prost was the thinking man's driver who was pretty damn close to the speed of Senna.

Apparently we don't disagree! This is exactly what I mean - Prost was not known as the hot overtaker and wheel-to-wheel guy, but got the job done just as well with different tactics. Nico will never be as out-and-out fast as Lewis, but has been racking up the wins through being intelligent about his situation.

webbsy wrote:
Prost's main failing much like Rosbergs is that he was/is kinda boring and was/is paired against someone that has more charisma and divides opinion more (I actually think Rosberg is a very good driver that doesn't get as much credit as he should). So actually in a round about way your comparison is actually pretty correct!

Damn, I think you're right lol. Who would have thought I, a massive Senna fan, would end up rooting for the 21st century Prost-mould driver :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is also why the 'Nico only wins from the front' complaint annoys me. So what if he doesn't always win from the fifth row? Hamilton has failed to win from second place quite a few times when Nico has won from the front, so Nico must be doing something right..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Replace "Nico only wins from the front" with "[Just about every F1 driver ever] only wins from the front." If you don't have pole you've almost lost the race already, and if you're not in the fastest team you have to hope for a miracle to get a sniff at a win. In no other sport is this more true.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16