TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1143 144 145 146 147335 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

krag wrote:
Webber will quit F1 at the end of 2013 and move to Porsche as predicted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23074108

I'll miss him.... Hoping for a miracle now that Webber wins the title.... welcome back #0 next season :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just hear that Webber is leaving... well to me its nothing new when they are all behind No.1 driver...
And one day he will write a book called "multi 21"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I'm not sure if/when I'd go back to Silverstone. I don't find it particularly good for spectating (miles from the track and no photo friendly fencing), and the cost of going to the F1 race is getting way too much.

I could probably attend every BTCC race for the same price of the best F1 ticket. If I was wealthy, I'd go to Silverstone, because it's F1. In terms of value for money though? Poor.

Even working as a photographer inside the fence, Silverstone is gash ... still miles away from the bloody circuit, little to nothing in the way of scenery (now has The Wing) and so big that outside of the F1 race it looks and feels empty. I avoided it as much as possible during that year where I photographed motorsport before finding it boring ... much rather travel to Cadwell Park (further but awesome) or Brands Hatch ... or Spa.

Webber announcement was a badly kept secret already - especially with his increasingly out-spoken comments about F1's direction. I hope he does well until the end of the year rather than retiring on lacklustre (as in not sparkling like he sometimes does) form ... maybe the announcement with free him, especially coming at a track he usually does well at. Even less reason to be helpful to Ze Fingermeister, if he's in the position for that to be an issue ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sucks to see Mark go but inequal treatment or not, he probably knows in his heart that Seb is better. Hoping Kimi gets the seat as I believe he will be the first equally matched teammate Seb will have.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Some F1 journos better apologize to Radio Le Mans for rubbishing their news of him joining Porschr back in April

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would also like to see Kimi at RBR so Seb wont have it easy at the front. But Kimi doesnt want to go to all that stupid PR meetings at RBR, so i dont think he will leave Lotus - there he can do whatever he likes.

So i think Ricciardo will get the seat. He made some great strategies work last year and this year... and with a better car.... but nobody wants to play the 2nd fiddle!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Its going to be a great Silly Season this year that's for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't see either STR driver getting the nod - you could make a case for either of them based on a few results but neither has comprehensively beaten the other on a consistent basis (strong weekend for one here, strong weekend for another there) that would warrant rewarding either over the other. That said, RBR may not now be looking for a second #1 driver but for a good #2 driver ... I hope we don't get an announcement for a while, just to keep it interesting for longer. It would be rubbish if the new driver gets announced on Monday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vergne's beginning to do a much better job, and the top brass were already impressed with Ricciardo.

They will already have a very good idea of how well those two can adapt to being in a better car.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 pm 

Why does it have to be someone from STR? I would think Hulkenberg is a potential candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I would love the Hulk to go there but I assume Ferrari has first dibs on him.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:37 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

mclaren2008 wrote:
Why does it have to be someone from STR? I would think Hulkenberg is a potential candidate.

Well, what's the point in owning a junior team if you're not going to groom potential winning drivers for the main team? :?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 pm 

Just my opinion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
OS wrote:
I don't see either STR driver getting the nod - you could make a case for either of them based on a few results but neither has comprehensively beaten the other on a consistent basis (strong weekend for one here, strong weekend for another there) that would warrant rewarding either over the other

I'd rather go for someone who hasn't had their shot yet. Hulkenberg, Ricciardo, Vergne and co all deserve the RBR drive above Kimi. Kimi pissed away the chance of a life time at Ferrari. I remember hearing a story that Alonso visited the Ferrari factory more times in 1 week than Kimi did in 3 years. I wouldn't hire someone who gave that many fucks to the best team in F1 history.

Kimi is the most mediocre world champion we've had since Jacques Villeneuve. He had fantastic, unbelievable driving skills until he won a championship, then forgot how to drive afterwards, like Jacques, and both won championships because other drivers fell apart, mentally and mechanically in their championship years, they didn't exactly tear shit up. As soon as Kimi was getting beaten by Massa in 2008 he turned into a lackadaisical mess. Imagine what's going to happen to him when he's smashed by Seb if he gets the RBR seat? Toys out of the pram. Don't think Kimi is the kind of person to have a damascus conversion. Why he is even being considered for the RBR seat is beyond me.

That's...your opinion but damn I disagree with that on a level I can't even put into words. JEV and Riccardo do not deserve a top seat more than Kimi lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 pm 

Not sure if serious or not...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

I'm sorry Scotty but I have to disagree with you here as well :(

One thing I do agree with is that Kimi vs. Vettel in 1 team has a great chance of not working out due to the clash of personalities. But in terms of him being a mediocre driver, nope, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It'd be cheaper, at the very least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:24 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
100% serious.

Fact is I'd give the drive to someone with enthusiasm, and youth on their side. Not someone who pissed away a golden chance once through laziness and who hasn't exactly proven to be an elite driver.

Well if you're serious then to me this is the wrongest thing in the history of very wrong things. To suggest Riccardo or JEV deserve a top drive over Kimi is one of the most insane things I've ever heard. If they got a seat over him it's purely the RBR connection. If they were Sauber drivers then nobody would consider them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scotty wrote:
I wouldn't give him the drive because I would never hire someone who pissed away a Ferrari contract, simple as that.

Didn't Luca piss him away for Fernando?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:41 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
ellis wrote:
Well if you're serious then to me this is the wrongest thing in the history of very wrong things. To suggest Riccardo or JEV deserve a top drive over Kimi is one of the most insane things I've ever heard. If they got a seat over him it's purely the RBR connection. If they were Sauber drivers then nobody would consider them.

OK, well Dave Ellis replaces Christian Horner as RBR boss tomorrow. I'd like an explanation as to why you would hire an aging apathetic lazy driver for $20m over an enthusiastic young, talented driver who yearns for success for $10m, whose career has already been honed by Red Bull.

Because one is a world champion who consistently punches above his weight since returning to the sport, and who is EXTREMELY marketable (something Red Bull like) ironically because of his unmarketable attitude. The others are youngsters who are up and down more than a pay by minute prostitute with results. JEV i *kinda* almost see because he's currently leading the STR battle, and was top last season..but even then it's only because he's a RBR contracted driver.

Drivers on todays grid I'd put in that car before JEV and especially Riccardo (in no particular order, and who are possible moves, so not including the likes of Lewis and Fernando):

Perez, Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, di Resta, Sutil, Bottas, Bianchi.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1143 144 145 146 147335 Next