TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1141 142 143 144 145148 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Montezemolo: KERS introduction a mistake

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo believes the introduction of KERS in Formula One is a mistake, and reckons it will not have road car application yet.

The Kinetic Energy Recovery System will be introduced in Formula One next year, and Ferrari are playing catch-up with its development in order to have it ready for the start of the season.

FIA president Max Mosley has defended the introduction of the system, as he reckons it will be a serious engineering challenge for the teams.

Di Montezemolo, however, says using the system now is a mistake, as he believes it needs more time to be worked on.

"It's not possible in one night to do everything. It's a process. Year on year. The KERS is a mistake," said di Montezemolo. "Whatever we discover there is nothing in common between F1's KERS and road car KERS.

"But for 2012 KERS can be an important part of a new package that addresses properly the environmental concerns. KERS is the biggest part of F1 spending for 2009.

"I'm not against the principle of KERS - it's very important to put in front of the teams research that benefits the environment - but the way it is at the moment is a mistake. It has to be a package looking ahead and we have three or four years to work on the whole engine/KERS package."

The Italian was again critical of races like the Singapore Grand Prix, which he reckons take place at the wrong kind of circuits to offer a good show.

"Having two or three Monte Carlos is too much," he added. "Next time we can race inside the Coliseum, or maybe inside the Papacy. This is not racing.

"I don't think we need more boats, historic skylines. I think we need more race tracks where it's possible to overtake, where the public can enjoy the competition, not a place where a crash like Piquet had can destroy the whole race.(More like Massa's race) One of the problems F1 is facing, is we need to improve competition, so that the racing is good not only when it rains or the safety car creates a situation.

"If we look at the last 10 years we change many times the technical and sporting rules. Sometimes it's important to change, even if just to start the competition again from a blank page.

"But it's like asking a football player to play in the rain with just training shoes, so he slips all over the course. It's artificial. I think we need the tech rules to improve he possibility to overtake.

"New tracks, with good opportunities for overtaking. Real tracks, not touristic tracks. At least Monte Carlo has history. Having two or three of them is too much."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

seems like Ferrari is not on shedule :p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:13 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

It should also be pointed out that Piquet's crash would have theoretically cost Massa a point swing towards Hamilton, with his advantage on the track being cut from 2 points to 1 point advantage. The reason it turned into a 8 point swing is all Ferrari's doing.

However, with general themes of what he is on about I do agree.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think Montezemolo would have said the same if Massa had won in Singapore. Though in a way I do agree with him, except if with 'race tracks where it's possible to overtake' he means something like Bahrein and China (which he probably does).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:12 pm 
Montezemolo wouldn't have said anything if Massa had won the title, let alone Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:25 pm 

Didn't Montezemolo express these thoughts at numerous times, both before and after Massa lost the title.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ryan86 wrote:
Didn't Montezemolo express these thoughts at numerous times, both before and after Massa lost the title.

Indeed, for example directly after Singapore (which was a 'circus') and after Monaco (which was 'a joke').

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:56 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Montezemolo only likes predictable races. If one thing goes against Ferrari he'll focus on some random issue as the cause (such as the track itself). He's always done this. If something goes right, then he'd be all praise.

I get tired of reading his comments these days.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:55 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

It's clear he's on a bit of a rant there, but there is some truth in that interview.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:34 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fabs wrote:
It's clear he's on a bit of a rant there, but there is some truth in that interview.

Holy shit you've joined :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Barre wrote:
Fabs wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Presumably you already know it anyway, news in the italien "la stampa" is, that carlos slim has bought the previous Honda Team and the driver lineup will be button and senna.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Barre wrote:
Fabs wrote:

I'd forgotten all about him :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:08 pm 
Justin Time wrote:
Presumably you already know it anyway, news in the italien "la stampa" is, that carlos slim has bought the previous Honda Team and the driver lineup will be button and senna.

No, haven't heard that one. Any more info?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni ... girata.asp

Don't understand a word of it though :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:17 pm 
Well you can't say he hasn't got the cash. He has at least 60 billion in the bank. But you have to wonder whether that's enough to get a struggling team to the sharp end

Any guesses at a name? Slim Fast Racing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Telmex F1 probably.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:29 pm 
Gaara wrote:
Telmex F1 probably.

Well, you say that but Mallya didn't name his team Kingfisher. I just hope we don't get something extraordinarily shitty like Force Mexico

But he seems to be a guy who's passionate about his racing. He's been around a bit and has got involved with backing drivers and teams. I'm not worried for them in the short term. I just hope he doesn't expect too much too quickly. And of course I hope gets rid of Nick Fry as soon as he can

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

if hes smart then he'll get Richards in place of Fry.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 pm 

I still don't want to jump of happiness until it's official, but it looks like he's the most probable candidate now. I guess the name would probably be TELMEX F1 Team. The NASCAR Corona series nae is TELMEX Racing, there is TELMEX/Chip Ganassi Racing, etc. In most of their teams, they include TELMEX s I see why not in F1.

Maybe Adrián Fernández could be involved somehow? I mean, he has way more experience by already having Indy Car, Champ Car, ALMS and Grand-Am teams as different to what Gil de Ferran had.

If this happen, then México will probably have a Grand Prix by 2011, mabe on a Guadalajara street course.

Come on Carlos!!!!!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1141 142 143 144 145148 Next