TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1750 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Magnifico wrote:
Got to LOL @ Mclaren though. Shouting and generating angst all weekend about the blown diffusers and they look to have lost out the most compared to everyone else around the grid.

The fact they have lost out the most kinda suggests they were justified in being so angry because it certainly hasn't hurt Red Bull or even Ferrari.

RBR have lost out. Given the form RBR have had over the past 18 months on aero-heavy tracks and their advantage at Sepang and Barcelona this season they should have been nearly a second in front of the rest not a tenth ahead of the Ferrari. Also given RBR are typically a little slower in races than qualifying and the opposite true for Ferrari and Mclaren this year it should be a decent battle between the front four.

Ferrari haven't been hurt because their blown diffuser was inefficient and poor compared to Mclaren and RBR. It's no surprise they've kept quiet throughout the whole affair because they were set to gain no matter what happened.

It's just amusing that Mercedes/Mclaren went to the FIA for concessions after Valencia but when RBR did the same they got angry. Admittedly the amount given, and it being allowed during FP1, was a little large and stupid but given hot blowing [used by Ferrari/Mclaren/Mercedes e.t.c.] is more effective than cold blowing [used by Renault powered teams] it's a little understandable why the FIA gave them more leeway. It's all just been handled terribly by the FIA who shouldn't have let whichever team cried the loudest get their way.

It's good they've finally put their foot down and said 10% is the maximum now get on with it and stop complaining.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

pedronul wrote:
Ferrari doesnt use off the throttle blown diffuser.
Ferrari were using an off throttle blown diffuser.

BTW don't forget that it was Williams & Cosworth who initially asked the FIA about the off throttle blown diffuser because the Cosworth engine didn't have the engine mappings allowing them to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately this won't be the end of it in regards to blown diffusers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

'Let's reward all you golf fans who can't see any play today by showing you the onboard lap of someone who should be playing it.'

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently they will revert back to the Valencia spec engine maps for the next race so all the crap about it this weekend was pointless.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The FIA in action...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

FIA love to ruin a great on-track product with needless off track indecisiveness that leads to every team assuming that they're favouring everyone else but them.

From now on I think my only opinions I'll hold in F1 will be what driver is running well, who caused a crash, what driver did a great overtake, etc.

As soon as the racing stops I can't bring myself to give a shit about all this off track politicing.

Reminds me of Michelin-gate from 2003. Random rule changing mid year hurting the racing on track.

(MUST you keep laughing? :p )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Adam Cooper wrote:
The FIA now says it is in effect prepared to abandon the exhaust clampdown from the next race - if all the teams agree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:57 pm 

now ferrari will step in and disagree :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If they really have caught up with RB because of the clampdown then of course Ferrari won't agree.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
Adam Cooper wrote:
The FIA now says it is in effect prepared to abandon the exhaust clampdown from the next race - if all the teams agree

If I were Ferrari/Sauber/Williams I definitely wouldn't agree. With the right strategy Kamui could be staring at Top 5/6/7's if not more every weekend given how much Mclaren and Renault have lost out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Magnifico wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Adam Cooper wrote:

If I were Ferrari/Sauber/Williams I definitely wouldn't agree. With the right strategy Kamui could be staring at Top 5/6/7's if not more every weekend given how much Mclaren and Renault have lost out.

Absolutely.

I hazard a guess that Force India have also gained; Di Resta's performance speaks for itself, and Sutil wasn't slow, just unlucky in the timings at the end of Q2. He could've been in Q3.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

jerome seems to be slipping more and more away from his teammate. He'd probably have a bunch of excuses as to why, but still it does not do good to him I'm afraid. If he wants to have a shot for next year he needs to outshine Timo Glock.

For tomorrow I hope Alonso gets the lead early on and Vettel doesn't get too many points, but I can't see that happen. I hope a dry race with one shower somewhere in the middle of the race.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hopefully McLaren have a better race then qualifying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

I had to miss this session for a heavenly cause, but it seems like there is a lot of controversy again...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Absolutely.

I hazard a guess that Force India have also gained; Di Resta's performance speaks for itself, and Sutil wasn't slow, just unlucky in the timings at the end of Q2. He could've been in Q3.

Yeh! I think Force India were in the same position as Ferrari. They had a blown diffuser but was pretty average/poor and didn't bring it much gain at all.

Gaara wrote:

I think Mclaren have reverted to were they were in pre-season testing. They turned up at Australia with a new rear end/exhaust and were suddenly second quickest, with that gone their not up to much.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gaara wrote:

I genuinely don't. Whitmarsh's behaviour since Renault got their performance break on Friday morning has been really quite poor, and if his team don't score a single point between now and the end of the season, I really wouldn't mind.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Williams and Sauber have told the other 10 teams to bugger off w\ regards to off-throttle diffusers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
Gaara wrote:

I genuinely don't. Whitmarsh's behaviour since Renault got their performance break on Friday morning has been really quite poor, and if his team don't score a single point between now and the end of the season, I really wouldn't mind.

So how come it's ok for Ferrari to be masters off the off track political game and not other teams?

As I say I have no stomach for all this off track politicking but Ferrari have been masters at it for years, the teams realise that winning on track is only half the battle.
To me they can all take a running jump but I don't see what Mclaren are doing as any worse than what Red Bull are doing, and through all this Ferrari are smiling to themselves as their rivals are busy dividing and conquering themselves.

It's all pointless. Red Bull have the fastest car no matter what rules you shake up mid season, can we ALL just leave this off track mess well alone and continue enjoying the racing? :?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1) It's not OK for Ferrari to do the same, and I bitched them out on their incessant whining following last year's European Grand Prix.

2) Whitmarsh is being a hypocrite. When his engine got a performance break on the grounds of 'reliability' (aka bollocks), he didn't mind. Then when Renault got their performance break for the same load of bollocks he was up in arms. Look how smug he was this afternoon on the BBC after Renault's engine was pegged back again. He deserves everything that's coming to him.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 992 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1750 Next