TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141144 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:34 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the information :thumbsup: Couldn't find it. (actually I dind't follow this 'soap' between them :) ) Very stupid from Mclaren indeed.... :o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

we are one race far, and we have had lots of things to discuss allready...

Hamilton/Trulli
Vettel/Kubica
Diffusers
Brawn Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

aerogi wrote:

Hamilton/Trulli
Vettel/Kubica
Diffusers
Brawn Grand Prix

The scrapping of the proposed scoring points.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

bigears wrote:
aerogi wrote:

Hamilton/Trulli
Vettel/Kubica
Diffusers
Brawn Grand Prix

The scrapping of the proposed scoring points.

I knew I was forgetting something 'major'... :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 pm 

I don't understand how this constitutes a disqualification, let ALONE a suspension? 8O

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

One of the best races I have seen for ages, took F1 long enough though didnt it, lol.
Cant wait for this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:33 pm 

onestly is simple crazy!
the care is worse of the illness :yuk:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:34 pm 
Head Muppet

Here's what should have happened:

FIA could have looked into the deal after the race. Everything got sorted out, they leave it as is, Trulli didn't get the 25 second penalty, the whole Lewis moving up thing didn't happen. Fine.

I guess issue the team or driver a 100,000 fine for lying to the Stewards would have sufficed if Hamilton stayed at 4th, or drop him a 25 second penalty as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:46 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

StefMeister wrote:
The only reason Lewis/Mclaren have been penalised so harshly with the DQ is because the Race Stewards believe they intentially Mis-Led them into believing that Trulli had simply overtook Lewis of his own accord which led to the stewards giving Trulli the 25 second time penalty they did, which as I say above they may not have given him had Lewis/Mclaren played it straght.

So, what did McLaren feel they could gain out of it? By making it look just like that - Trulli unfairly passed Hamilton and so they could get extra points? :lol:

Okay, the FIA did the right decision today. But for heavens sake, they could've done this on the day itself, look at everything including all radio transmission and not just pick what they like. That's their fault, as usual. Then McLaren to make things worse for nothing are also at fault, for being pricks.

Just when I was beginning to admire Lewis, and hailed his performance last weekend. Ugh. He has become badly manipulated by McLaren lately, because I can't believe someone, a top racing driver, to be so unprofessional and dishonest.

At first, it just looked like a misunderstanding between Trulli and Hamilton on track. It actually was. It happens all the time. But McLaren and Hamilton made it worse for themselves and serves them right.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well i have to defend FIA for the moment. If you ask WORLD CHAMPION whether he let trulli to rejoin position or not You dont suspect he is so dumb to lie, knowing that FIA can check radio transmission :p

Worst WDC ever imo ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's fucking it! what a joke. Great role model you are, Lulu.

Anyone actually seen the Mercedes-Hamilton advertisements around nowadays? Especially the one where it says something like "catch up this half term", obviously aimed at the kids. Yeah, catch up and see the sport with shit like this, and the champ lying! Bravo!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

You have to remember that Hamilton only said what he did because the team told him to. It's easy to say that he shouldn't have conscientiously lied, but he's in a Catch-22 situation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Oh fuck off. At least Kimi doesn't pretend to be one. And he didn't knock that child, their own mother did. Kimi had to point to the kid to make the stupid cow realise.

@Ted: true, thats why I think he's been manipulated by McLaren.

Last edited by Evenstar on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Evenstar wrote:
Oh fuck off.

lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 am 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

ChiliFan wrote:
Evenstar wrote:
I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not, but that's fucking it! what a joke. Great role model you are, Lulu.

you know what makes a great role model

someone who shoves photographers and children and passes out in bars

we should all be like that

LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Evenstar wrote:
So, what did McLaren feel they could gain out of it? By making it look just like that - Trulli unfairly passed Hamilton and so they could get extra points? :lol:

cos the prize & tv money awarded in 2010 is based off the 2009 constructors points, so that 1 point is worth $2Million to McLaren should they gain a championship position by that single point (they have already paid the spygate fine off I think).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 am 

Overall I think its the right call, McLaren had the responsibility to make it clear exactly what happened.

Still cant believe the stewards didnt get all the data first....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, but I just put that down to the stewards not expecting Hamilton and McLaren to lie to them like that. They won't make that mistake again... hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ChiliFan wrote:
Evenstar wrote:

you know what makes a great role model

someone who shoves photographers and children and passes out in bars

we should all be like that

fucking props :flag:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:48 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

From what I gather from all this everyone is so confused about what to do under a safety car period that it ends up in a giant mess.

Trulli was confused by the new procedures enough to run off the track under a SC, Hamilton actually knew more than the team at that point but was too confused by their messages to tell them the whole story, the team were so confused there were hitting the e-mail button to Charlie Whiting, who was too confused about managing the safety car period to bother replying to them telling them what to do, so everyone went into a giant flap and they ordered Lewis to slow and let Trulli past for fear of being penalised, the irony being this actually caused them a penalty in the end...

Then there was such a mass scrum of information after the race (The team who hadn't seen Trulli run off track because the TV people missed it, Hamilton who had seen him run off track and probably thought his team did too yet was confused as to why he was told to move over) etc etc
meaning there were different messages going out to different people, the FIA didn't like this so had another look and decided to act. As if they need a chance to interfere...they just relish it.

Bottom line, I do not believe there was anything intentional in this, it was just a hugely confusing incident where no-one had quite the same opinion as anyone else, Hamilton, Mclaren, Trulli, Toyota, the TV people, the FIA...they all saw things slightly differently and a giant mess was the result.

Do I think Mclaren did it on purpose? No
Do I think their paranoia about thinking they were going to be penalised created this entire situation? YES
Do I wish there was a strict NO OVERTAKING UNDER SC FOR WHATEVER REASON rule (unless the car is off the track) YES....let the stewards sort it out after the race. (IE in my perfect world both drivers would know that under SC conditions you can't swap places and after Trulli ran off the road they'd know to remain in position and let the FIA sort it out post race rather than worrying about contacting their teams and pulling over/going ahead. And this is mainly from a safety point of view tbh. If the SC happened mid race the stewards could still sort it out via drive throughs/message to the car in front to let the car behind pass when the track is green, but no dangerous car repassing related misunderstandings when the track is yellow, tnx...)
Do I wish we could move on from this whole incident? YES
Am I suddenly jealous of NASCAR's "The fans at the track know who finished where when they head for the car park" philosiphy. HELL YES
Is this question posting style getting annoying....about 7 lines ago...YES

One other thing that annoys me is Trulli's "I am innocent" campaign. You're not that innocent mate, you manage to lose control and run quite far off the track under safety car decisions, in my view worthy of some kind of penalty in itself (and exactly what everyone was worried about in SC conditions in the first place that led to them closing the pits etc....)
Idiot.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2879 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1137 138 139 140 141144 Next