TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Exactly. I'd be very surprised if Liberty weren't in his ear demanding that the race was restarted for 'the show'. Maybe a red flag would have been fairer, but people would still have a problem with that if Max had gone on to win. If Latifi crashed one lap earlier, there would have been time for all the lapped cars to overtake and the result would have played out the same. If Latifi had crashed a lap or two later, I think they would have red flagged it for a standing start shootout. All of these scenarios are within the rules, but half the fans would still have issue with it.

It's just a shame that it had to happen at the final race of the season. If you look at all the decisions over the season, I don't think either driver was favoured. They both got lucky at times.

Bahrain - Lewis is allowed to gain an advantage from track limits 29 times before being warned. This likely won him the race. Either everybody should have been told that they could do this, or it should have been a warning after the first couple of times. Not a great decision.

Imola - Without the red flag, Lewis is a lap down and well out of contention. Correct decision from the race director, but a big help to Lewis.

Baku - Max loses 25 points. The red flag is a help to Lewis, although it turns out not to be because of his own mistake.

Silverstone - I still believe this to be 100% on Lewis (compare his line into Copse against his move on LeClerc later in the race. Full fuel and cold tyres mean the car is always going to understeer into Max. If Max was a bit smarter, he may have gone wider, but I don't think he's responsible for not getting out of the way). Red flag saves Lewis from the damage. Could it have been a SC car instead? Maybe not because of the severity of the accident. Correct decision. Big help to Lewis.

Hungary - Not a lot the stewards could have done. Bottas got the penalty and the red flag gave them a chance to make some repairs. Really screwed Red Bull, though.

Spa - The 'race' benefitted Max in the points (full points would have been better if he had won an actual race, but who knows what would have happened?).

Monza - At the time I felt it was 50/50, but the stewards disagreed. I do place more blame on Max now, because of what happened earlier in the race and Max's comments "That's what happens when you don't leave the space". He left Lewis no space earlier in the race at the second chicane (and arguably at the starts in Imola and Barcelona as well). If Lewis hadn't taken to the escape road on the first lap, then they would have crashed into each other much earlier in the race. If Max expects to be left a car's width, then give the same respect when you're the one defending.

Brazil - How Max avoided a penalty for running Lewis half way out of the circuit, I'm not sure. We all want to see racing without any interference, but that was a poor call from the stewards. It didn't affect the race result, though.

Saudi - I don't even know what to say on this one. Max was showing signs of desperate driving again, but I don't think the actual incident that he was penalised for was that fair. I think both drivers were thinking of the DRS zone and not wanting to lead across it.

Abu Dhabi - First lap was probably fair. Max did amazingly well to keep the car within the circuit, but Lewis was given nowhere to go (unless he tried to hang on around the outside, but that would almost certainly have led to a Monza-esque crash at the next part of the chicane). The end of the race I've already given my thoughts to.

Probably other incidents I've forgotten as well. That shows just how busy the stewards have been last season, and what an action packed season it has was. I hope that the 'Masi' incident isn't forever remembered, because 2021 was incredible. I don't think we'll see another season like that for a long time. I still think that Max deserved the title over the whole season, because of the Baku/Silverstone/Hungary incidents. Lewis was never really robbed of points through bad luck, other than Monza, and potentially Spa.

Plenty of you will probably disagree with my thoughts on some of the incidents, which is why it's even harder for the stewards.

It is the accumulative questionable calls (solely attributable to him) over his tenure, not just this year. Abu Dhabi was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Off the top of my head, calls that were solely down to him:

Turkey 2020 starting qualy with a tractor still on the side of the track
Imola 2020 not penalizing/reprimanding Lance Stroll for not slowing down under SC and nearly running over a Marshall in the middle of the track
2019 Barcelona not penalizing/reprimanding Charles Le Clerc for driving an entire racing lap with seat belts undone and then having that message broadcast on TV.
Baku 2021 twice waiting nearly a full racing lap to throw a SC with cars lying in the middle of the race track at the fastest point of the lap.
Abu Dhabi 2021. Say no more.

I have no doubt there are other's but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

Now throw in all the questionable calls that he was involved in with the stewards, and it is clear that he isn't up to the job.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the best proof that short wheel base cars are perfect is the Lancia Stratos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spa was a complete sham. No way should points have been awarded there. With the results going back a lap, technically one one lap was run.

And to be fair to Stroll in Imola, wasn't the track supposed to be clear by then because it was the wave around?

Bahrain, the teams were told they weren't going to enforce track limits at that corner. Red Bull didn't seem to get that memo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Spa is a result of the rules, not Masi.
Spa is also a result of F1 being elitist. To good to postpone to monday and run it (although monday might not have been any better in this case)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:04 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Abu Dhabi is also a result of the rules. They clearly need to define a spot and a procedure regarding where and how to "give back a position". Neither the penalized ans especially not the benefitor should get to choose that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

micha wrote:
Spa is a result of the rules, not Masi.
Spa is also a result of F1 being elitist. To good to postpone to monday and run it (although monday might not have been any better in this case)

And Zandvoort isn't that far from Spa. It's what, less than 200 miles? So they would 'lose' a day of setting up, no big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if they didn't had such an inflated schedule they could allocate the race into another weekend, like they did in 1985

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:

Bahrain, the teams were told they weren't going to enforce track limits at that corner. Red Bull didn't seem to get that memo.

I had a feeling that was the case. In which case, they should have told Red Bull that it was acceptable to do that, rather than change the rule half way through the race.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rumor is that Aston Martin is considering their own engine program for 2026.

"Nooo Laurence nooo!!"

If Audi does team up with McLaren that would only leave Williams as customers for Mercedes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:24 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:37 pm 

This old classic high noses... :tumble: :yuk:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Gaara wrote:

I had a feeling that was the case. In which case, they should have told Red Bull that it was acceptable to do that, rather than change the rule half way through the race.

The real farce for me was when it wasn´t allowed on Friday and Saturday, with instant time deleted, and on Sunday it was allowed. Until Red Bull, who had not done it, complained and then it was no longer allowed during the race.
1. Why allow it on Sunday? Why not have the exact track rules during qualy and race?
2. Why change it during the race?

And then Verstappen passed Hamilton, using the part of the track that Hamilton had been using as racing line, and that was an illegal move.

First race of the season, and already race control not knowing what they were doing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:32 pm 

Omega: Fuck them all! Max Verstappen is World Champion 2021 :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:48 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

The new cars really look tasty :8:

I'm kinda excited, shame the season doesn't start in Melbourne :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
The new cars really look tasty :8:

I'm kinda excited, shame the season doesn't start in Melbourne :(

its still a travesty it doesnt end in Adelaide :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

its a real travesty the season does not start in kyalami in january anymore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:07 pm 

:lol:

Mclaren looks good :8:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Metzo wrote:
its a real travesty the season does not start in kyalami in january anymore

or ends in East London by new year's eve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That McLaren Livery is just epic, it's the best I've seen in years. Almost the same colour palette I used to paint my cars in LFS back in the day :lol: , although I loooooove how they've combined the McLaren Papaya with the Gulf Sky Blue instead

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

despite the fears of 20 similar cars they all look pretty different so far.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16125 Next